No Gain Part 1

220

Junsu's POV

I sat down in front of Yoochun in the restaurant. It was an Italian diner, and it made my appetite a bit hindered. I already ate a bit of bread just to fill in my empty stomach before Yoochun pick me up. It's not like I hated Italian but the way Yoochun spent his money on this dinner.

There was something really serious that he's going to talk about that he chose this kind of restaurant. It's so that I wouldn't just leave him, because I know everyone was watching and I didn't want to tarnish his reputation by doing it to him. He knew my weakness and he was using it.

"What do you want to eat?" he asked, his eyes weren't moved from the menu in his hands. I shifted uneasily in my seat.

"I'm afraid of what you're going to say," I muttered, and with the corner of my eyes I could see the petite waitress smiled at Yoochun.

"It's going to take only a short time."

"A fine dinner like this wouldn't take a short while." Yoochun put down his menu and his eyes shot through me. He his lips, definitely annoyed and he pushed the menu towards the waitress.

"Please leave us for a moment." his voice was stern and the waitress cringed. She bowed down before she scrambled away. I watched her went away but said nothing. "I'm asking you out for dinner is because 220. You're aware of that, right?" I didn't answer but he already knew it. He pulled out his phone and he searched something in it. "Jung Yunho, 6 February 1986, born in Gwangju." he pushed the phone towards me. "He's a 220 member." I looked down at his phone and saw Yunho staring back at me. His photo in here was so young, he still had that crooked teeth and his eyes didn't have any wrinkles. I felt my heart softened by the mere picture of him and remembered the younger us, when we were so in love and reckless.

We were so reckless that we failed to see what was happening.

"Yunho was a member of 220, yes. But it was then," I encouraged myself to look at Yoochun. His face was still expressionless.

"Why did he leave?"

"He wanted to open his own restaurant. He wanted to be independent,"

"Independent?" Yoochun scoffed. It bugged me. "You don't think Park Group had given him enough freedom?"

"He chose to leave. Your dad allowed him."

"And why don't you?"

"Why do you want to know? Wasn't it a good thing that I didn't leave you? You could've get a worse secretary," he smirked.

"Then Kim Jaejoong left. He was the cook in Jung Yunho's restaurant. Do you think he wanted to be independent too?"

"They must have some reason to leave even if it's not for independence."

"Are you planning to leave?"

"I told you I can't leave the company unless you fire me."

"Your boyfriend left and you let him?

"It's his choice. Not mine." I sighed. Why was he asking me things that I already buried inside my heart? I had discussed these things over and over again with Yunho. There's lot of tears shed, blood spilled and hearts' broken; I don't want it to be repeated again.

"You're in 220, right? Why don't you stop him?"

"Will you stop him if you're in my place? Will you stop me from leaving if I'm not happy here?" Yoochun stared at me, and for a moment there no one really matters to us. It was only him and me.

"Are you not happy?"

"Why do you keep asking me that lately? Do I look like I'm miserable?"

"Yes." his answer shocked me. "You don't like the job anymore. You're miserable whenever I ask you to talk to me." I watched him, my eyes were wide. "Am I right?" I turned my head aside, refused to look at him.

"If it's not because of you, I would love to stay."

"Why don't you just tell me who they really are, Junsu? Why couldn't you tell me about him? About you? Why do you want to hide everything?" I shut my mouth. "You're upset because I'm hiding things from you. You don't think I feel the same way?"

"It's not the same!"

"What's the difference?"

"This is someone that I didn't know."

"You think I know about Yunho?" Yoochun put his hand on his chest. "You think..."

"But Kim Heechul was someone who you don't even know!" I blurted out and right then I knew I made a mistake.

"How did you know about Heechul?" his face was dark. I covered my mouth with my hand. "I never talked directly about Heechul to you. Why did you involve him in this?" I froze. How could I answer the question when he knew nothing about me? "You never acted like this before I met him. Why now?"

"Don't blame it all on me. Why now you're interested in my private life? Why are you suddenly interested in Yunho?"

"I didn't blame it on you. I asked you who he was and you never told me directly."

"So you asked this Kim Heechul to find out who my boyfriend is? I don't need your help, thank you very much." I stopped and inhaled. Then I knew I said too much.

"How did you know about that?" I refused to answer. I gathered my strength and stood up. "Junsu!"

"Stop bringing me to this kind of restaurant." I rushed to the door even when I knew running away from Yoochun was pointless. But I couldn't say anything more to Yoochun without sounding hurtful even when I didn't deserve it.

"Let me send you home." Yoochun grabbed my wrist and dragged me outside. He was quicker and stronger than me. I couldn't even grab my hand back from him. His grip was firm, and he would never let go of me.

When we were outside, he opened the car door for me and shoved me in.

"What's wrong with you? Are you trying to bring me down in there?" I stayed silent. He grunted angrily. "I don't know what you want from me. I did everything for you, being the one that you always need. I never said anything other than I wanted you to be safe."

"Why did I think this is not the first time you complain about this?" I asked, my voice sounded small, like it wasn't me who uttered it.

"What do you think?" he asked. He sighed loudly when he leaned his slender body on his car. I sat silently in the seat. "Why do you think I did all this?" our eyes met but I still said nothing. "Why?" I shook my head. He groaned, and he lifted his head to look at the dark sky. His eyes were glistening.

"Please. Just take me home." he turned to me.

"What do you think I want to do after this?" his eyes pierced my heart, like he was challenging me. I fought his gaze but I lost. I threw my glance away from him.

"Send me home."

"What do you think I would do?"

"I don't know."

"Liar." I turned to him abruptly. He walked towards his side and opened the door and started the car. I braced myself, and wore the seatbelt without questions. He pursed his lips, pulled his seatbelt and drove. We stayed in the deafening silent that I was suffocated by it. I focused my gaze out of the window all the time. I couldn't look at him. "How could we come down to this?" his voice sounded defeated. He sighed for the umpteenth time. "We used to be so close." I shut my eyes tightly as I heard him talked. "We used to be open to each other. But I never thought your secrets would make you, us, like this."

"You have secrets too." I accused even though it felt so surreal.

"But not as much as you. It's only Heechul." do we have to argue again? "But I won't fight with you anymore. I don't want to live like this." his car decelerated, just like how I felt my heart's rate was. He seemed calmer than before. "Sometimes I don't understand you, Junsu. Scratch that. I thought I knew you, but I was wrong. You were a different person from the one I thought I knew very well."

His words hurt me like a knife. I could feel the physical pain close to my heart but I said nothing.

"If it's only Heechul..."

"Stop talking about him!" I blurted out. My voice quivered. "Just..."

"Why?"

"Because you're always thinking about him. Always him. Why was he here? What if he was followed again?" Yoochun stopped suddenly and made me almost knocking the windshield in front of me. Thanks to the seatbelt that I wasn't thrown out of the vehicle.

"I was right." he inhaled a very deep breathe. "Are you jealous of him? Why don't you be with Kahi?"

"I..." he shook his head.

"You're impossible."

"You're the one who's impossible!" I fought back.

"You're jealous."

"So what if I was jealous?!" he suddenly kissed me, hard on the mouth. I was startled but within seconds I started kissing him back. Both of us grabbing onto each other's shirt and my hands couldn't take off from his body. He shoved his tongue inside my cavern and I let him as I pulled him in even closer, raking my fingers through his gelled hair. Our tongue danced and fought for dominance again, and I could hear myself . I could hear him grunting and murmuring my name.

I pulled away, my eyes went big. I was shaking. I swallowed; he tasted great. I covered my mouth and leaned on the seat. He was silent too.

He started the car again and drove.

***

Yoochun stopped right in front of Junsu's house. Junsu climbed out and Yoochun followed him to the house. The director's eyes never left Junsu while his secretary unlocked the gate.

"I know where you're going tonight after this." Junsu said after a moment of silent. Yoochun smiled weakly.

"Why don't you stop me?" Junsu shook his head.

"I don't want to fight. You were right. You don't feel anything for her." Yoochun smiled. He went to his car back.

"Are you sure?" Junsu shook his head. Yoochun didn't wait anymore. He climbed into his car and without looking at Junsu back he drove leaving Junsu behind.

Junsu leaned on the gate as his eyes followed Yoochun's car. When it was gone from his sight, he closed his eyes and touched his lips with the tips of his fingers. The sweetness of Yoochun's kiss still lingered there, and Junsu his lips just to taste it again. 

'How could we come down to this?'

I don't have the answer.

Junsu put his face in both his palms and buried his fatigue there. His body couldn't stop shaking after their kiss. Yoochun's effect on him was too much. Yoochun had always made him weak and tonight was no exception. He could feel all the muscles in his body weakened, his brain fried and his bones turned to jelly.

Junsu let out a small laugh. He laughed for a while. He touched his cheek and noticed that there were tears.

Was he crying before? He just couldn't tell anymore. Everything was so confusing right now.

Junsu choked. He blinked and rubbed beneath his eyes. Tears streamed down his cheeks like two small rivers, and somehow he just couldn't stop them. He covered his mouth and heard himself sobbed.

And suddenly he was weeping like there's no tomorrow.

***

Jaejoong's POV

It was time to close the restaurant. There was only one customer in. I had seen him come here a couple of times, and both of time he stayed for a very long time. He didn't eat much. He just ordered one kind of food and drinks, and then he would just sit in the corner for the hours. He was always alone and he always chose the place that was far from everyone else.

Whenever I didn't do my work, I would stay in the counter and observed people that came by. I love watching people and their behaviour. People had always fascinated me, especially when they eat. You'd be surprised if you can read people through how they treated their food, like how I could.

I have yet to learn about this new regular if I hadn't had listen to Yunho's issue.

Yunho was restless tonight because Junsu was going out to have dinner with Yoochun. I've heard this issue before too many times. I knew Yunho was jealous of Yoochun but I couldn't put my finger on why. Yoochun had a fiancée, for God sake! He couldn't have fall for Junsu when he has a relationship with such a beautiful woman.

"You don't understand, Jaejoong. Sometimes you're just too naive." Yunho said to me when I told him to just chill out.

"I don't understand Junsu?" I snorted. "Funny you should say that."

"Please don't make me feel bad, Jaejoong. Yoochun is already a pain in the for me." Yunho pouted. He rested his chin on the table and I was reminded of a puppy with a perfect almond eyes. I sat beside him and patted his back. "I don't know why Junsu's so stubborn."

"Maybe because he's a workaholic? Remember in our high school days?"

"I don't remember high school so much."

"Don't fret." I massaged his back. I warmed my hands and channelled in onto his body. My hands were glowing because of the heat.

"Stop doing this."

"I like doing it for you. Just relax, hm?" I ran my fingers through his hair and the heat from my hands calmed him down.

"You'll drain your energy."

"You can bring me home." I smiled as I anticipated the prospect of him driving me home instead of me going home by bus. I didn't like to take advantage of my boss even if he was capable to. He wasn't a chaebol for nothing, though.

"I always want to do that even when you don't ask me." he said, his eyes closed. I touched his neck, massaged the muscles that were sore. He purred.

"Don't you think we should ask that person over there to leave?" I whispered in his ear and his eyes abruptly opened. He turned towards the corner where our new regular was sitting. He was writing something in a small note and there was a tablet beside his cup of coffee. He seemed too absorbed in his work that I didn't feel like talking to him right now. Yunho tapped me and we exchanged glances. "Do you want me to talk to him?"

"I don't say anything."

"Your eyes did." Yunho let out a small chuckle, and his eyes narrowed. My heart tickled.

If only he wasn't so in love with Junsu, we would've been something else rather than just best friends. But I didn't want to ask for more. My heart had been crushed and burned once, I wouldn't want to experience it again.

"Whatever you say." he said after we were drowned in each other's eyes for longer than we should. "He's just as beautiful as you. Don't you think being with him will make everyone else seemed ugly?"

"Stop assuming every pretty guy is gay." I rolled my eyes and swayed my way towards the customer in the corner. "Hi."

He looked up and his fox-like eyes stared at me in awe. I wondered if I had grown horns on my head. He switched off his tablet at the instant and pulled it towards him. I cocked my brow, amused.

"We're sorry to say this to you because you're welcomed to come here anytime you want but we're closing."

"Oh." he looked at his watch and then back at me. His face started to turn red. "Sorry."

"It's okay. We're just going to close it in five minutes,"

"I'll be quick. I don't know..." he finished his cold coffee in one gulp and he gathered his papers on the table. When he was hurryingly to grab everything, one of the papers that he was holding slipped and fell down to the floor. I bent down to pick it up and in that short mere milisecond I caught a glimpse of the word '220' written on the paper. My heart skipped a beat.

He grabbed the paper quicker than my eyes could blink.

"I'm sorry." he said and shoved all the papers into a plastic file. "I'll be real quick."

"It's fine, really." I could feel my breathe had become heavier.

220.

The word danced in my head. It's been a while; suddenly it just popped up.

"Sorry 'cause I had been a bother," he bowed down. I smiled, but there I knew it was not genuine. I was forced to keep smiling.

"What's your name?"

"Uh?"

"I just want to know your name. You know, I like to know who comes to our restaurant." the forced smile was making my heart bled. I hated it when I had to do something against my will. And I felt insincere.

"Oh." he rubbed the back of his head.

"My name's Kim Jaejoong." I held out my hand, and in the corner of my eyes I could see Yunho was watching us. "And you?" he smiled even when he was shy.

"Kim…Kim Heechul." he shook my hand and pulled his back after two seconds. My smile faltered but I covered it with a cough. "I'm just going to leave."

"But..."

"Thank you for the food." he bowed down and scrambled away. I watched him leave in hurry. I heaved a sigh before I walked to Yunho. Yunho raised an eyebrow.

"His name is Kim Heechul."

"A good name for a beautiful person." he commented with a smirk.

"Stop it. Let's wrap up today,"

A/N yoochun kissed junsu. yunjae met heechul. what more can you ask?

p/s wait, there's a second part that I've been working on!

have some yoosu!