Like Gazing the Stars Above

220

It had been two weeks. Yoochun counted the days and the seconds after he left the office. It's not the same. He could feel it in the air that it's mocking him back, the atmosphere without Junsu. He would bite his lips whenever the regret came gripping his heart. He would try his best to deny the thoughts and pushed them away. It was hard work though.

Yoochun had been losing weights due to it.

He could barely finish a bowl of rice a day, let alone to have his regular meals on time. He focused everything on work, tried to balance his own job and the secretary job. His father had suggested a few people to replace Junsu but Yoochun had not choose anyone. He was sure his father would only suggest people from 220, but he was still unable to make any decision.

He would rather do everything himself.

These two weeks too were crucial for Junho who was still in hospital. At first he was declared critical, but his condition improved after being treated by intensivist. Junsu would visit every day but only when Yoochun was not there. Yoochun knew and decided it was better for him not to be there at all.

Junho could talk and communicate better with Junsu that way.

Junsu came only for fifteen minutes every day. Yoochun didn't know when was the exact time. He only knew that because the nurses told him. He tried to be as deadpan as possible when they mentioned Junsu. Of course sometimes he failed.

How could he hide the feelings that he had for Junsu in just two weeks? He was not a 220 member; he was not extraordinary like the kids. He was a regular person, a human that acted based on his head and heart. He was mad indeed. He was terrified as what Junsu did when they were young. He demanded explanation but he was too proud to ask for it.

Should he forgive him?

But he was too much. How could he claim he loved him when he did something so horrible? Was it really Junsu who did it? Or something or someone just make it up?

He wanted so much to forgive him, but his head wouldn't. Junsu was too much, his head would abide. Junsu was going to do a lot more but they didn't have all the time in the world.

Junsu, and perhaps Junho was involved. Yoochun was sure of it. And how in the world they could manage to erase the memories from his mind?

The memories were so beautifully drown. Yoochun knew it was Yunho's doing. That kid. He knew what he was doing, and he did it so precisely. He erased what he was supposed to without mistakes at all. Yunho was an expert even before he was trained professionally.

There was a knock on the door.

Yoochun lifted his head. It was a woman who stepped inside his office. The last time a woman ever crossed the threshold was Kahi, and what a luck now he was facing.

And yes, what the hell was with Kahi.

“Yes?”

“Park Shin Geun-nim asked me to give this document to you.”

“Okay.” the document was a bit thick and Yoochun felt choked. He could barely finish what was on his table and now his father wanted to give another set of trouble to him. “What is this, by the way?”

The woman shrugged.

“Is this important that I have to push aside my other job?”

“Uhh…I didn't know about that. He asked me to bring this to you, but he didn't specifically ask me to do anything else.”

Yoochun gritted his teeth but said nothing then. He dismissed the woman and lazily he checked on the document.

What was it that he has to focus on?

It was a routine question that popped inside his head everytime his father gavd him something to ponder on. He didn't know, he couldn't find the loophole easily like Junsu did. He couldn't read Park Shin Geun's mind. Junsu did it naturally.

What was it, dad? What more?

***

Junsu entered his brother's room late that night before he has to go to work. Apparently he got a job alongside Eunhyuk. He was offered a job as a tender in the club that Eunhyuk was working however due to Junsu's apparent appeal, the manager gave the host job to him, claiming it would be easier to lure the girls in. Junsu at first was a bit discouraged to accept the offer but Eunhyuk was an expert in persuading him, and so he agreed.

Junsu sat down on a chair provided by the hospital. Junho was not in bed. So, Junsu waited for a while for him and in the meantime he checked on his phone. After his resignation, his phone was less busier. No chained messages that would keep his head spin all day, no more important phone calls that he had to do on behalf of his boss. He had a brand new boss right now and the work was less burdening. He couldn't comment much about the new boss.

“Hey,” Junsu looked up from his phone. Junho came out of the bathroom. His bruises on the face were starting to fade, and he was able to walk independantly.

“Hi,” Junsu gave a small smile. His brother sat down on the bed.

“What ever is going on?” it's a regular question from Junho.

“About me?”

“Of course idiot.”

“I'm okay.” there was silence. Both of the twins were comfortable in their own bubble they were comfortable being silent.

“Do you hear anything about Ren?”

Junsu shook his head.

“It's hard to get any news on the kid after I resigned. It's even harder now that I've been working in different hours than Yoochun.”

"You only work at night right now?"

“Apparently. But sometimes when the customers are many and the stakes are higher, I had to stay for quite a few hours. Sometimes I even forgot about Ren." There was a terrible pause. “I felt bad.”

“It's not your fault.”

“I disappoint many people but this is the worst. I have no idea.”

Junho rolled his eyes. His brother had always been the worrier among both of them even if it's not even his fault. Junho himself couldn't prevent him from doing it.

“Ren will be back. I'm sure of it. They would return him just like they had returned me back to you.”

“But it's because I'm your family. Now that is also something that I didn't know. Why did they return you like this? What's the point of kidnapping you in the first place? Why wasn't there any ransom asked?"

Junho, of course didn't have any answer for it. He sat there, his eyes casted downwards. He too felt guilty he couldn't protect Ren until his last minute stay with Ren.

Everything happened so fast he couldn't catch up.

He was beaten brutally when he tried to protect Ren from being taken away. Somehow they decided that he wasn't the main character anymore in their plan.

They switched to Ren. Ren was more vulnerable, younger and his power was more unstable unlike his. He might be unstable but years and years of training actually could lead to a small change in the control but Ren's power was undeniably strong.

An unstable ability could ruin 220.

That's what they were searching.

"You read my mind?" Junho asked, his voice full of certainty. Junsu didn't answer but Junho already knew. “My ability became uncontrollable again. I will mess up the green source.”

“You can't mess it up. Everybody knows it. You are the source of the red. Why would you mess up the green?”

Junho kept silent.

Junsu sighed.

“I'm going to be late.”Junsu stood up, and he fixed his black tie. “I'll see you later.”

Junho smiled and sent Junsu out of the room with his eyes.

***

Junsu entered the room after he greeted his coworker at the entrance. He had been booked by a guy which named wasn't enclosed. He didn't care as he served both men and women as a host there. He didn't get to choose even though he was more comfortable around serving women. He felt more secure even if he was a gay himself.

His telephone rang just before he entered the room. He stopped in the entrance and took the gadget out of his suit pocket. It was Yunho.

“Hello,” Junsu answered the call half-heartedly.

“Hey,” Junsu looked at the clock, it was 11 o'clock. His shift already started. He was going to be late if he talked more with Yunho but he couldn't just hang up the phone. Their relationship was over. They cared for each other but Junsu couldn't love him any further than being just a good friend. He couldn't bear loving someone who told him he loved him but his heart was away with someone else. It's making his heart bitter. It's actually making their hearts bitter towards each other.

Yunho was drunk.

Junsu knew. He knew it and he could imagine it well. It was quite a while since he had been this drunk and that was when they broke up. Junsu was still collecting the pieces of his shattered heart; he was not ready to face Yunho again when he's this drunk.

“Go home, Yunho.”

“I'm home. Only when I'm with you.”

“Yunho...”

“Do you think we will be happy again?”

“Yes. I'm confident.”

But only when you're with him, and not me. Now you're just miserable because he's not there by your side.

Junsu massaged his forehead. He didn't have time for this. He didn't want to mourn, not when he had had a lot on his plate to digest on.

“I'm sorry but I have to go.”

“Junsu…” Junsu bit his lips. If he was still his boyfriend, he would kiss him.

But he wasn't.

“I'm sorry.”

Junsu shook his head, as he imagined Yunho took another large gulp of the alcohol that he despised the most. He glanced at the clock again, he was late for five minutes. He pushed the door to the VIP room. He prayed he could satisfy this customer's thirst of attention.

He bowed down without looking at the only man sitting in the room.

“Good evening, my name is Xia. I'm here to serve you.”

“Xia.”

Junsu lifted his head.

It was Yoochun.

A/N hi everyone, sorry for the long awaited update.

to be honest, i'm not in the best condition to update every once in a while. my life has been hectic and i would make a blog post about what i had been through just because i'm going to vent about it somewhere. hehe

anyway, please enjoy the update.

*crossing my fingers so that ideas can come easily*

p/s i'm now a mother yeay...my babyboy is just one month plus old

i'm in love with my own baby