No Gain Part 2

220

Heechul's pace was quick. He hugged the documents that he was working on and the tablet close to his chest. When Jaejoong spoke to him randomly he was so shocked. He wanted to run away immediately but was delayed by the kindness that Jaejoong's eyes displayed.

But he made a mistake when he blurted out his real name. He should tell Jaejoong a name that wasn't related to him at all, but he just forgot who he was talking to. He was careless.

He was not going to make the same mistake.

He stopped suddenly when he felt like he was being followed. He quickened his pace even when he was already breathless. The road from the restaurant to the place where he parked his car was a bit far because he didn't want anyone to trace his vehicle. He had been so careful but Jaejoong caught him off guard just like that.

He wanted to turn around and see for himself but he was too scared. Plus, since the blackmail he could barely look at people in the eyes.

He knew this job would eventually take its toll on him but he had never expected it to be this early. He hadn't come to touch the surface of the issue, he only caught a glimpse of it and there were already people who want to cut his throat. He just couldn't imagine how Yoochun could live in that situation.

Even when he didn't announce it to the world, he was one of the people that could shake a country's security. He's going to be responsible for every attack that the country planned when he ordered any weapon to be prepared. He's going to be on the very end of the sword when the leaders decided on anything.

What could I gain from knowing anything? Heechul always asked himself that every time he thought about the secret that he promised to protect for Yoochun.

Don't ask. Don't find anything. He reminded himself every time his curiousity made him restless. But he would always cave in to his own desire to know. His curiousity had always made him like this. He just couldn't stop. That's what made him a detective.

Swoosh!

Suddenly the bush on the roadside lit up, burned by a fireball which came from behind Heechul. Heechul jumped and fell on the tarmac. More fireballs coming from behind and he panicked. He crawled away as fast as he could. His heart beats so fast that he thought it would jump out of his chest. He ran and never looked back. He hugged his stuffs very tightly that his knuckles felt numb.

Heechul ducked his head as the attack on him continued. Sweats poured out like crazy from his pores as he tried to save himself. When he succeeded finding his car, he ran and hid behind it.

Bad move.

A fireball struck his car and Heechul could hear something ignited in it.

"." Heechul ran as far as he could and five seconds later, his beloved car exploded right in front of his eyes. Heechul covered his face, and felt the debris hit his body. The explosion blew him away and he fell on the tarmac again. His body rolled on the hard ground for good twenty seconds before he could collect himself again. When he could open his eyes and stood up again, he was all by himself.

***

Junsu opened the door when he heard the bell. It was Jaejoong who came.

"Here." the cook gave him two plastic containers of kimchis. "This should last for two months I guess, by the rate of you're eating." he put both the containers in Junsu's kitchen. He opened the fridge and put both containers inside. Then he helped himself a glass of apple juice.

"It's late and you still bother to come."

"Your kimchis are going to run out. I'm here to top them up."

"I can buy them." Junsu sat down on the couch in front of the television, just like what he's doing before Jaejoong came.

"But they would not be as good as mine." Jaejoong sat down on the couch opposite from Junsu's. "You know I'm right."

"I know." Junsu smirked. "You must have come here because of something important."

"You're such a psychic." both of them laughed.

"Come on. Spill the beans."

"It's about a certain Shim Changmin." Junsu's eyes widened when he heard the name. "He...how do I say this?"

"What about him?"

"I think I like him." Junsu chuckled.

"You think?"

"What? Junsu..." Jaejoong touched Junsu's hand. "I like him, really. Sorry."

"Go ahead. Why are you telling me this?"

"I never knew he's your friend. You never told me. In fact, you never tell me anything."

"It wasn't my intention to hide anything. It had become a habit to me."

"That's why you're their right hand." Jaejoong's lips curled into a meaningful smile. He locked his eyes with Junsu's making the secretary felt warm and fuzzy inside. They hadn't been talking nicely with each other since forever. Junsu had been busy with his job and Jaejoong was busy managing the restaurant together with Yunho. Their relationship got even worse when Junsu caught him and Yunho being too inappropriate with each other even when it meant nothing to both of them. But they had gotten over it. Jaejoong had come to apologise and Junsu accepted him back just for the sake of their friendship.

If only Junsu didn't know it was Yunho's doing too. But Jaejoong and Yunho swore not to tell on each other.

"Do you know who he is?" Junsu asked.

"No. There was no Shim Changmin in my memory." Junsu smiled. He wondered if Jaejoong was really bluffing or whatnot. But he couldn't blame Jaejoong because once he lost his memory quite badly. Junsu hadn't known if he recovered completely or not and he didn't want to ask, neither.

"He's a nice guy. Good for you if you fall for a person like that."

"Are you okay with it?"

"He's just my best friend. He deserved someone as good and nice as you. Plus, you can cook all the things that you like and he will eat everything."

"Really?" Junsu nodded. "That makes sense, though. The last time I ever cooked so much for a person was for him."

"How did you meet him?"

"He came at the restaurant, didn't you hear?" Junsu shook his head.

"The restaurant? Did he meet Yunho?"

"Yes. There was an unspeakable tension between them." Jaejoong rolled his eyes. "I guess it was because he's close to you that Yunho was jealous. He shouldn't be, though. But I've talked some sense into Yunho telling him that I'm interested in Changmin."

"It's nice to know someone could fall for a glutton like him. But well, he's a nice guy, no doubt about it."

"I bet." Jaejoong laughed. Junsu noticed there were twinkles in his eyes. "I gave him my number but he hadn't called yet."

"Give him time."

"I am. Don't you remember how aggressive I am?" Junsu laughed. "It's a matter of time and patience that I'm still sitting on my waiting for his call." he sighed. "If it's up to me, I'll go and kidnap him, lock him up in my basement and make love to him anytime I want."

"But you didn't."

"Well, I tried to act civilised this time." Jaejoong shrugged. They stayed in silence for a moment, both of them were searching for words to say. Jaejoong leaned on the couch, his breathe was even and he was comfortable. Junsu who was in his own comfort zone felt relaxed too. The conflict before this had been resolved and now they're talking about Jaejoong's possible boyfriend.

Junsu turned to take a closer look at Jaejoong and saw his right sleeve was a bit burned.

"What happened to your sleeve?"

"Oh. This?" Jaejoong lifted his arm to see where Junsu was looking. "I burned my sleeve when I ignited the stove today. That's why I hate long sleeves." Junsu knew of Jaejoong's ability to start a fire with his bare hands, or anywhere on his body.

"You're gonna get burned if you're not careful."

"I know. Thanks for reminding." his tone was sarcastic and only received by Junsu's chuckle. Junsu rested his head on the couch, eyes fixed on the television. Jaejoong finished his apple juice and went to the kitchen to wash the glass he used. He switched off the light in the kitchen before he returned to the sitting room. Junsu was still in the same position. Jaejoong sat down again. "What are you thinking?" his tone wasn't demanding or anything, just to fill in the silence between them.

"Nothing." Junsu answered.

Liar. Yoochun's voice appeared in his head. Junsu closed his eyes.

***

Yoochun pressed the bell and not ten seconds later, the door was opened from inside. Yoochun lifted the bouquet of red roses that he just bought.

"Awww..." she put both hands on her chest, her eyes shone bright like two beads and her cheeks blushed as the bouquet of roses changed hands. Yoochun leaned in and kissed her forehead and then her cheek.

"Happy birthday, dear."

"Thank you." Kahi beamed and gestured for Yoochun to step inside her house. Yoochun followed her inside the sitting room. He hung his coat and his muffler before he turned to Kahi. Kahi changed the roses into a simple looking vase, and washed her hands afterwards.

"I've been missing you." he grinned, making the girl blushed even more. He walked closer to Kahi and put both hands on her waist. She was a bit startled because Yoochun's affection.

"You're acting weird." Kahi touched Yoochun's chin. It was a mirthful day, both for her and Yoochun.

"Don't blame me." Yoochun swayed her, he spun Kahi around, dancing around like he had gone crazy. Yoochun pulled Kahi in and embraced Kahi from behind. He buried his face into her nape making Kahi giggled. Kahi turned around and he leaned in to kiss Kahi on the lips. Kahi was taken aback because they had never kissed before even when they were this close. Kahi closed her eyes and let the kiss overwhelmed her. Yoochun deepened the kiss and Kahi relented. Yoochun's kiss was soft, like he was taking his own sweet time.

"Are you going somewhere?" Kahi looked at Yoochun but Yoochun didn't answer. "You seemed like you're going to leave me soon."

"Shh..." Yoochun kissed Kahi again. "Don't talk nonsense."

"No..." Kahi laughed nervously. "I just..."

"Stop talking and kiss me."

A/N wae? yoochun, wae? keep calm everyone haha ~

p/s thank you for reading this, and certainly i appreciate your subscriptions and support for this story!

                                                                                                                                               *please comment more, thank you! i love you guys*