Living Like A Dream

220

Ren woke up with a start. When he opened his eyes, his world was as dark as his nightmare. He couldn't remember a thing after he was abducted from the school's public toilet, after the door was forcefully open. He only saw the man who appeared in front of the door, smirking ever so lightly to him before he felt his chest was constricted and he fell into a syncope attack.

What happened? Who was that guy?

Ren tried to move his head and looked around. He was uncomfortable, his eyes were blindfolded. His neck felt sore because he was unconscious for quite some time and gone through it in a not desirable position.

He opened his mouth. His lips felt dry. He his lips, tried to moisten them a bit but it hurts even more. Ren swallowed.

What am I to do now? Why are they keeping me here? Am I alone?

"No, you're not alone."

Huh? Ren's mouth dropped open even wider.

Why was he talking to me? Who is he?

"I'm a friend. Don't worry."

"Who...who are you?"

"My name is Kim Junho. I'm not your enemy. I'm here because of the same reason you are here."

Ren felt even more afraid now.

"Don't be afraid."

"Can...can you see me? Did they blindfold you too?"

"No. I can see you." Ren heard Kim Junho shuffled. He wondered if they were sitting in a small concrete cubicle like a jail cell. "And no, we are not in a cubicle like a jail cell."

Wait.

Ren gritted his teeth. How did he know what was on my mind?

"Simple. I read minds." he added with a nice little chuckle. It reminded Ren of someone but he couldn't think much right now. "You must freak out right about now."

"I'm not." he's afraid indeed, it's better to say it out loud. "Are you in here just like me or..."

"I'm their captive too. Just so I can save someone's life." Junho cleared his throat.

"Why don't you come and undo my blindfold?"

"I can't." Junho exhaled. "His power is more powerful than I expected."

"I can't move my body." Ren said, he really did. He tried to move but he was unable to. He was paralysed. He could feel his limbs were there but he couldn't move them. "I can't move my body..."

"Don't be scared, little one. It's their power and it would never damage your nervous system. Calm down. That's all that we could do now." Ren wanted so much to believe the man but seeing is believing thus he couldn't put all his trust in someone he just met. Someone he couldn't even see. What if he was an enemy and pretended to be someone else to get his pity?

"I know what you're thinking..."

"Stop invading my mind!" Ren screamed.

"Calm down, little one."

"Why do you call me that?"

"It's because you're someone that he supposed to protect. Someone from 220."

220?

Ren almost choked when he heard that name spurted out from Junho's mouth.

"What..." Junho let out a small laugh.

"220. My little one, they kidnapped us because of 220. Because we are one of them,"

"Which means they would get to my friends too?"

"In the meantime, it would only be you and me and some other guys, but Yoochun is trying his best to protect the others,"

"There were also other people?" Ren bit his lower lip. How could he remain calm if there's a lot of other captive? He started to regret having this power. "I'm scared." he could sense that Junho was smiling bitterly even though he had no idea how Junho looked like.

"Don't be. We'll be fine. Park Yoochun will find us."

***

Yoochun bit his nails out of habit when he was nervous about something. He looked at the window of his office, trying really hard to find a solution. Two people were kidnapped. No one demanded ransom, both of them were gone in a short notice. Junsu hadn't say anything to him these past three days. It was since the day they had a fight at his home. He hadn't applied any emergency leave or off day but Yoochun didn't want to nag him to come to the office when he's not ready.

Yoochun scratched the back of his head. He had a meeting with Changmin later in the evening today, to try to discuss something that the elders had started and them, as the heirs had to continue doing it.

He took the phone and called Changmin. Changmin answered after the third ring. He sounded weary, tired.

"Are you still planning to go on with the collaboration?" Changmin asked. Yoochun could hear him sighed.

"I will. The collaboration is needed in view of everyone's sake."

"You still think it's for the sake of everyone when there's so many hurt?"

"I still want to protect my company even with all the things that were going on." Yoochun said dully. "Remember the appointment this evening. I'll come to your company..."

"Will...will Junsu come over too?" Yoochun bit his tongue.

"I..." Yoochun exhaled. "I don't know. He's been avoiding work since he came back. I'll come alone to the company,"

"Aish...I'll be waiting."

***

Junsu stepped inside the building and went straight to Yoochun's office just as Yoochun was preparing to come down to his car. They met in the elevator.

"Junsu." Yoochun could only say that when the elevator's door opened. Junsu looked up at him, tried to crack a smile but he seemed like he was frowning instead. Yoochun stepped inside, together with Ahin. Ahin scooted to stand behind Yoochun, letting Junsu to be by Yoochun's side. Junsu dropped his gaze on the floor when the three of them faced the elevator's door. No one said anything. Even Ahin who was a bit talkative stayed silent.

Yoochun heaved out a sigh. He looked at Junsu, stared at him but the younger male didn't look back. He was too nervous. Junsu closed his eyes, tried to empty his mind. He wanted to say sorry to Yoochun but his mouth was clamped by an invisible force. He felt bad for abandoning Yoochun and his work, he felt bad after all the damage that he'd done. He felt bad for hurting Jaejoong and Changmin.

Suddenly Yoochun's hand grasped his hand gently. Junsu stayed quiet, Yoochun held his hand tightly and squeezed it lightly like telling him to calm down. Magically it really soothed him. They stayed holding hands until the elevator door opened. Junsu pulled his hand and hid it behind his back. Yoochun didn't seem bothered. They walked alongside each other to the car with Ahin driving. Junsu wanted to sit at the front with Ahin but Yoochun stopped him.

"No, you're going to sit at the back with me." Junsu looked at Ahin who raised his brows. Junsu had no choice but to follow what Yoochun wanted to do. Yoochun didn't ask further as he knew Junsu would not object his words. Junsu followed Yoochun to sit at the back seat. When the car started moving, Yoochun pulled the curtain down so Ahin wouldn't get a glimpse of them at all. Junsu was a bit nervous when Yoochun did that. He stared down at his own feet.

"Look at me." Yoochun said. His husky voice made Junsu shivered. Yoochun held Junsu's chin and spun his head so that their eyes met. Junsu lowered his gaze but Yoochun tilted his head so that he wouldn't have a chance to avoid Yoochun.

"I'm here." Junsu pushed Yoochun's hand and Yoochun noticed Junsu's blush. "Don't force me to sit beside you just because you haven't seen my face for a couple of days."

"I haven't seen you for days," Junsu scoffed. "And it's killing me."

"Don't get me wrong, but I have reasons, I'm dying too."

"Please don't just disappear like that again."

"I..." Junsu wanted to give him a nice remark but found his tongue tied too.

"I'm dying because I can't see you." Junsu felt a sudden rush of blood to his head.

"Don't speak nonsense."

"I broke up with Kahi because of you."

"You did what?" this time Junsu was really shocked like he had been struck by lightning. "You broke up?"

"See, now you're looking at me." Yoochun said nonchalantly. Junsu wanted so much to hit him to say that so easily.

"What have you done to your life, Yoochun? God, Kahi is the one heir that can save you now. She's with you because..."

"You think I love her? Junsu, if you say that, people might think you're blind," those words pierced Junsu's heart but he knew Yoochun was right. "You understand, hmm?"

"Are you insane?" Junsu shook his head. Yoochun held his face in his hands, forcing him to look at him in the eyes.

"I love you."

Junsu's mouth dropped open.

"I love you." Yoochun repeated it, as if Junsu didn't hear him the first time. Junsu watched his boss; his eyes glistened with fresh tears that were expected to taint his tanned face. "Don't leave me. I don't want to say out loud how I think of your feelings to me because I know you're reading my mind right now."

Junsu swallowed.

I know you love me, the way I love you.

Junsu wanted to close his ears with his hands because Yoochun's thoughts were so loud.

I love you, I love you. Do you hear me?

Junsu closed his eyes and instantly he shut his ability down. Yoochun's voice in his head slowly died. He couldn't hear anyone right now. Not even Ahin's.

He sighed.

"Do you hear me?" Yoochun's husky voice hit his eardrums again. Junsu nodded but he didn't say anything. He just wanted the storm in his heart settled down.

Yoochun leaned in and sealed his lips with Junsu. He almost smiled to himself when Junsu didn't protest, even when he deepened his kiss. Yoochun held Junsu's face in his hand, he was having palpitations but he was eager to have Junsu. Yoochun Junsu's lower lips and granted entrance from his secretary. Junsu kissed him back but he was still cautious. Yoochun didn't want that. He pulled Junsu closer and became more aggressive by the seconds. Junsu moaned expectantly from the kisses.

Yoochun pulled away, breathless but contained. Junsu looked at him, his lips red and swollen. Yoochun leaned in, kissed Junsu again. He had been dreaming about this, always thinking of Junsu when he's alone and more when he was gone.

Suddenly the car stopped. Junsu pushed Yoochun away even though Yoochun was reluctant.

The window cover that they closed was brought down. Yoochun and Junsu turned immediately and saw Ahin who was grinning mischievously at them.

"Gentlemen, we had arrived."

***

Changmin looked at himself in the mirror for the umpteenth time. His heart was beating faster than it should. He looked decent, wearing a pale pink shirt and khakis trousers. He was picturing Yoochun in his head, he was nervous to see him face to face to discuss something that is, for him, out of this world. He was going to talk with Yoochun about weaponry industry future which depended on both companies. Changmin's head was hurting, might be because his own uneasy heartbeats and also the upcoming meeting with Yoochun and how he had subsequently ruined someone's house.

Changmin looked at himself in the mirror. He blamed himself for being greedy. He already grasped Jaejoong's heart in his hand, they even slept together but Changmin just had to ruin their budding relationship.

Jaejoong, mianhe.

He called Jaejoong countless times but the smaller man didn't pick up his phone. Of course, who would after all that he'd done?

Changmin let out a small breathe and walked through the door. It was nearing the time he's supposed to meet with Yoochun, the heir.

It's funny how fate had turned his life around. One moment he hated Yoochun for his gut and the next moment he knew he had an important project that would determine the destiny of his company that involved collaboration with that said person.

As he walked approaching the meeting room where he would encounter the said person, his chest felt heavy with palpitations. He clenched his fists and took a deep breath before he entered the room.

He saw Park Yoochun, looking as smug as he always was. Yoochun stared at him for a moment before he bowed down a bit. Changmin did the same. That was when he saw Junsu, bowing humbly. Changmin's heart was tickled but he would try to remain calm. His eyes followed Junsu even when his secretary Lee Seungri had asked him and his guests to sit down. Changmin sat opposite of Yoochun, and Junsu stood beside him. Yoochun's face was emotionless whilst Changmin was sure his face would be damn sour. Junsu's face seemed void of feelings too even though Changmin pretty damn sure he was too in sorrow due to his newly damaged house and kidnapped brother. Junsu was watching Yoochun adjusting himself in his seat. Changmin waited patiently until Yoochun settled down.

"So..." Yoochun opened his mouth. Changmin focused his attention towards Yoochun at once. Yoochun cleared his throat. "It only been known to me recently that our company used to do a collaboration." Changmin gripped the hem of his suit with his left hand and his right hand was still on his lap. Their eyes met. "I never thought that our so called competition is actually nothing."

"We are competitors," Changmin retorted with a straight face.

"And collaborating with benefit. I'm sure you must be in a huge doubt when I asked you about a previous collaboration of our company. It's understandable because you had been alone managing the company after your grandfather died, I mean, passed away..." Changmin looked away. It was hard when someone that he despises talked about his beloved grandfather, someone in his life that he holds dearly in his heart.

"Just please go straight to the point. What collaboration? I had never known a combined work with Park Group. My grandpa never told me anything about it," and it hurts Changmin too to even speak the word 'grandpa'.

Yoochun, noticing Changmin's behaviour and tone, took a deep breath. He put both hands on the table and clasped his fingers together.

"There is a project that my father, Park Shin Geun and your grandfather, Shim Bo Dal had worked on. This is an on-going project. I had never seen the outcomes of this project at all because currently it had been under my father's supervision. I don't even know this exist only until recently."

"Why now?"

"It's a long story."

"Make it short. I don't have time to play around like you." Yoochun shot him a killing glare and then scoffed.

"You don't think I would be here because of you, do you?" Junsu looked at Yoochun and touched his hand.

"Yoochun, stop. Don't..."

"It's because it's my father's project and my responsibility to keep the tradition going, even when..."

"Yoochun," Junsu pulled Yoochun's shirt cuff, tried to stop Yoochun from picking an unnecessary fight with Changmin. Yoochun caught a glimpse of Junsu shaking his head and he sighed. Changmin was still calmly sitting in his chair.

"Why are you getting angry? Did I say anything wrong?" Changmin smirked, obviously he knew how to throw the fuel to the right place. Yoochun rolled his eyes, but thinking of how Junsu wouldn't want them to quarrel due to silly things he tried to contain his anger.

So far so good.

Both of them cleared their throat and pulled their blazer closer to their body. Junsu's eyes were on Yoochun, watching him closely.

"What collaboration are we talking about?" finally Changmin asked.

"A new kind of weapon technology. It's an artificial intelligence technology which uses people with special abilities to empower it. My father and your..." Yoochun hesitated. Changmin glared at him.

"What about my grandpa?"

Yoochun exchanged an unsure glance with Junsu before he turned his attention to Changmin back.

"My father and your grandfather collaborated in this top secret project, and it's still in the R&D phase as of now. My father had asked me to take part in this project after an incident."

"How could someone as my grandpa would collaborate with your company?" somehow the question sounded like he was insulting Yoochun. Yoochun made a face.

"There's a history between them and you and I should only know we are going to collaborate for the sake of..."

"I'm not going to accept reason that involved heredity. Things that I did weren't for my grandpa and I wanted it to be the same."

"If only I can do that I would." Yoochun retorted. "However there are reasons that brought me to the decision that I made." Yoochun glanced at Junsu for a split moment, and turned away to Changmin. Junsu however had his eyes fixed on Yoochun, but Yoochun could never read what his mind was thinking. When he thought Yoochun was talking about other reason, Yoochun's hand tugged on his. His hand held Junsu's hand under the table and he rubbed his thumb on Junsu's palm soothingly. Junsu bowed down, trying to hide his blooming smile and the blush that would soon be visible.

"What reason?" Changmin's voice was stern, there was hostility in his voice.

"I prefer to talk about it later as we would probably meet each other in this same exact settings again."

"You are assuming that I agree to work with you?" Changmin cocked a brow, and Yoochun let go of Junsu's fingers.

"I don't assume. I know. You are the only heir that Shim Bong Dal has, your father was disowned from the family and your grandfather took you in. You have no other choice than to do what an heir should do, just like me."

Changmin glared at Yoochun and for a moment Junsu was scared. He didn't want to be in the same room as both of them but he had to.

"Fine." Changmin said in the end. Yoochun's smile grew wider.

"Great."

A/N Changmin and Yoochun are collaborating. But will it go as smooth as they both hoped? What will happen to Ren and Junho?

thank you for reading, and please subscribe, or comment! thank you *bows down*