Love After Love

220

Yoochun's POV

I couldn't believe what I just heard when Appa came to my office after the press conference. I just came back, dragging a solemn Junsu away from the chaotic conference. His spirit was still on the downside, making him quite quiet today. Plus, he got a phone call from his so called best friend Changmin and from what I heard, they fought.

Back to the subject of why I was baffled with Appa's suggestion, he told me that he had appointed a personal bodyguard for me.

"Excuse me, a bodyguard?" I scoffed. I am too old to have a bodyguard, and I'm not that powerful yet in the industry that people felt threaten of me.

"You shall not disobey my words," Appa said as a matter of fact.

"I shall not do it because you didn't tell me earlier,"

"Yoochun-ah..."

"It's not me who's being targeted, Appa. Why would I need a bloody bodyguard when I myself have my own black belt?"

"Safety isn't about you getting kidnapped anymore. What if someone attempts to kill you again, like what happened yesterday?"

"I can handle it just fine,"

"You can handle what? You can't even control the media when they started attacking Junsu! You panicked, and you weren't supposed to!" my father snapped. I glared at him. Lucky Junsu wasn't here or else he would go all sorry for himself and I had to tell him he did nothing wrong and he should stop blaming himself. "And what was that with the personal connection?"

"Personal?"

"Junsu and the new director, Shim Changmin." I pulled my gaze somewhere else, suddenly I felt chills because somehow their relationship would be revealed to my father. I couldn't expect what he would say about it but I knew it's not going to be pleasant, even though everyone knows Junsu was my father's pet. "You knew something?"

"Appa...please, leave them alone. What do you care?"

"I care because it's Kim Junsu." Appa looked away when I turned to him again. His mouth drooped, and his brows hooked. "Even if it's true there's something going on between them..."

"Appa, it's not going to affect our company,"

"You think? Well, you better have a reason to say that."

"But didn't you trust Junsu more than me? Why not now?"

"Who says I trust him more than you? Yoochun, you're my son. You might think that I think highly of him, but it is only because he is something to us. At least I think of it that way, before I knew..."

"He's loyal to us." I blurted out before Appa could finish his sentence.

"Are you sure?"

"You don't think I'm serious? I worked with Junsu as a team, I know him."

"But he didn't tell you everything, didn't he?"

"Appa, why are you being like this?" I put both hands on the table in front of us, the only object that separated both of us. "He's my right hand. He's going to be loyal to me, no matter what. Even when he didn't tell everything to me, was it really necessary? I trusted him because you told me to take care of him, and now you doubt him because he happened to know Shim Changmin?"

Suddenly there was a knock on the door and Junsu came in. His eyes caught mine and he bowed down instantaneously. Appa didn't say anything when he saw Junsu.

"The bodyguard is here," Junsu said and he gestured for certain someone to enter. He was tall, maybe taller than me. He was lean, a bit tanned and had a very handsome face with bright eyes and a determined look. He bowed down ninety degrees to both me and Appa when he approached the couch where we were sitting.

"My name is Yoo Ahin." he introduced himself. His voice was deep and serious. I watched him, and in the corner of my eyes saw Junsu looked up to him. "I will be your bodyguard, please take care of me,"

Appa turned to me, expecting me to say something. I bit the inside of my cheek because eventually whatever Appa wanted he would get it.

"Nice to meet you, Yoo Ahin," I greeted him, even though my tone wasn't inviting enough even for my ears. He gave a small smile before he bowed and stepped back two steps.

"He will forever be your bodyguard, just like how Junsu will be by your side," Appa spoke out and he stood up. "I will leave now."

"But..." our discussion was still not over. I glanced at Junsu and saw him looked down on the floor. Might be he was still feeling down. My father didn't spare him a look when he left.

Now there were only us three in the room. Me, Junsu and Ahin. Shall I talk to him formally or casually? Now that he's here I couldn't just kick him out without a job. It would be rude for me, and I didn't know if he could land another job if I didn't take him in.

I didn't realise I was staring at him when I was thinking really hard. Junsu was silent and that's what made me quite ignorant.

"I am capable to protect you, sir. I have been trained to be in a SWAT team before." Ahin suddenly spoke out which returned me back to reality.

"Okay. But you don't have to talk too casually with me."

"Yes, sir." I felt my face became hotter. Junsu was still in his stand, like he couldn't decide what to do next.

"Please sit down." Ahin obliged and, man when he sat down his backbone was as straight as a stick. "Are you responsible to be everywhere that I'm going?"

"Yes, sir." wow, he really had graduated from some kind of military camp.

"Then, Junsu," Junsu snapped out of his thoughts because, well I just knew. He turned to Ahin and he quickly went to sit down in front of him. He opened his notebook and started to state my schedules of the day to Ahin. Ahin nodded and occasionally responded with 'yes' and 'okay'. Junsu ran his finger through the whole schedule for the week.

I let both of them settled their business while I looked into some unfinished documents that I hadn't read yet. There's so many things to do, plus the next press conference for the relaunching of the new technology that went haywire yesterday.

So many questions aroused in my head whenever I think of the attack. I didn't have any obvious enemy - if you want to make Shim Group an exception - and I didn't intend to make one too. Changmin, even though I didn't like him, was a totally different story. I planned to make truce with Shim Group, maybe collaborate with their company if I could. They had great scientists working under him and if we could just work together it would be awesome. I couldn't let the unwritten rivalry continues if I wanted to make it in the future.

Shim Changmin is the key in collaborating. But I didn't like him because of personal reason, which to be frank is because of Junsu.

Kahi's words came waltzing into my head; I could make Junsu as a spy and surpassed Shim Group. But it would be unfair for Junsu.

I gazed at Junsu. I promised to protect him, how could I even think of sending him to a rival's nest? I might as well just kill him myself. I sighed.

Who was it that was responsible for the attack? It couldn't be from Shim Group because Changmin himself was injured. What if they're actually protesting for a cause? But, what cause? What did my company do the last time?

"Yoochun?" I tilted my head so fast I felt my world spun. "Are you ready to go to the Dome?"

Dome was a place where the 220 kids practiced their skills and where they did their miracles on our business. I almost forgot about it. I looked at the clock and I would have to be there in thirty minutes. I nodded.

"Let's go. But..." I turned my gaze at Ahin, he was already standing up, his chin was up, his hands tugged down handsomely by his side. "Ahin has to come over too?"

"He knows everything, Yoochun. Your father already made sure of that,"

"Are you sure you won't stab me in the back, Ahin?"

"I am only loyal to you, Director Park." I scratched my forehead with my index finger, knowing that I could never run from this.

"Okay then, let's go."

***

Junsu, Yoochun and Ahin entered the Dome that was located only fifteen minutes away from their main office. The building was dome-shaped and was disguised as a Park Group second branch while the basement was used to train the 220 members. It's not exactly training, but to use their ability for the company. Well, it's a win-win situation. No one got hurt, that's what important.

Junsu located the five members that lived in the same dorm. He spotted Ren who was squatting on the floor, he was upset of something.

"Hey," Junsu nudged his shoulder and the boy looked up. "What are you doing?"

"Thinking." Ren lowered his head down back.

"Thinking?" Junsu crouched down near Ren, and Ren didn't reply. He didn't say anything and just stared vacantly at space. "Why aren't you socialising?"

"I can't." he mumbled. Junsu took a deep breathe. "It's not as easy when you can't look them in the eyes,"

"Ren, you can learn to control it here. Why don't you talk to someone that we'd prepare?"

"I can't." he shook his head vehemently. He looked like he almost cried. He turned to search for someone and when he saw Baekho who was doing some stock analysing with Aron by his side, his gaze returned to the floor. "I might hurt someone else."

"Ren..."

"I hurt Baekho again this morning." Ren's voice was shaking. "We...we were just having breakfast and I hurt Baekho. He was having a hard time to go to school today,"

"It was an accident,"

"But I can't control it,"

"That's why you're here. We will help you to learn to control yourself. Your ability is one of a kind, Ren. You can make it beneficial or disastrous, you choose. If you don't want something like that to happen again to anyone, you need to control it."

"It's better if I just shut myself in."

"Ren..." Junsu held the boy's shoulders and forced him to look him in the eyes. When the boy refused, he held his chin so that their eyes were locked together. "Look at me. No one's getting hurt, Baekho was just an accident. He's a kind person, he would never hold it against you. I believe you can do it. You still have a long journey and we're here for you,"

"But..." Ren's eyes were wet, but he was trying his best to hold his tears back. "...Baekho..."

"What about me?" suddenly Baekho appeared out of nowhere. Junsu turned, almost jumped when Baekho held Ren's wrist. "Hey..." he touched Ren's cheek and the younger boy bit his lips. "Don't cry,"

"Baekho-yah..." Ren couldn't hold back anymore. "I'm sorry," Baekho exchanged glances with Junsu and then back to Ren. He held Ren close to his chest and patted his head.

"It's nothing, really. It's okay. I told you it's okay,"

"But...but this morning, you couldn't breathe because of me..."

Couldn't breathe? Junsu glanced at Baekho, the boy was calm.

"It was just that. I survived, didn't I?" Baekho tried to reassure Ren, but the latter was already worried. Junsu rubbed Ren's back soothingly as he freaked out over the morning's incident.

"It's going to be okay, Ren. This is a training facility. If anything happens, there are a lot of professionals that can help you. You would never do wrong when you're here." Junsu tried to reason.

"It was an accident, Ren. It's nothing. I can survive much more than that," Baekho tried to embrace him but Ren shoved him harshly and he jumped back behind hugging himself defensively. Junsu again had no idea what had gotten into Ren's mind.

"I'm different! I can't do anything right. I'm not wealthy, nor am I healthy. I would just do destructive things if..." Ren babbled, his body was shaking. Junsu was uneasy. Baekho gaped at Junsu, he too was astounded by what was happening. Junsu knitted his brows while looking at Baekho. Baekho shook his head.

"Ren-ah...everything is alright, hmm?" he tried to reach out but Ren smacked his hand away.

"Don't touch me!"

"What is going on here?" suddenly Yoochun appeared behind them.

"Yoochun-ah, something happened this morning," Junsu stood up to explain. Ren was cowering, hiding his face from the director. Baekho stood up too and bowed down.

"I'm sorry, Director-hyung. This morning something happened,"

"What happened?" Yoochun's face was serious as he gazed down at Ren.

"He still couldn't control his power," Junsu explained. "He hurt Baekho accidentally this morning,"

"It's really nothing, it was my own fault to irritate him," Baekho barged in. Yoochun frowned. "It's because something happened at school lately."

"In school?" Yoochun folded his arms in front of his chest.

"Uhh..." Baekho glanced at Ren to make sure he was still there. "He couldn't cope with people at school. There are students who like to mess with him, so he hated going there,"

"Who are these students?" Baekho looked guilty.

"But we protected Ren all the time, Director-hyung. Don't worry, it's just kids' stuff."

"But kids' stuffs were making him making a fuss in the morning and hurt you." Yoochun speculated.

"He couldn't help it, hyung-nim. The school is new for him," Baekho bit down his lower lip. "It's only confusion,"

"Hyung? Baekho?" JR suddenly appeared by Baekho's side. "What's going on?"

"About this morning, Jonghyun-ah..." Baekho told him. Baekho had always seen JR as their leader of them in the house even though Aron was the oldest. JR looked up at Yoochun before he glanced at Ren.

"You told hyung already?"

"I can't lie," Baekho looked sorry. Yoochun touched his forehead, contemplating something.

"Then, I have no other choice than to send Ren somewhere," Yoochun smirked and saw Ren was watching him from the floor. "If Ren couldn't recover here, I'll send him to another facility..."

"What are you implying?" Junsu was puzzled but Yoochun continued on.

"...maybe a hospital or something. That way, he can't harm anyone,"

"Yoochun!" Junsu grabbed Yoochun's hand and dragged him away from the boys. "Why did you say that? Hospital? Are you crazy?"

"Somehow, somewhere he would hurt somebody, I can't risk putting him somewhere he couldn't control himself."

"But you can't say that directly to his face. He is just a kid!"

"A kid, but he can be deadly!" Yoochun barked, and both of them stopped right in their track. "He is a liability, if anyone finds out..."

"You promised to take care of them! Of me!"

"I promised to keep everyone safe! I can save his life, save him the trouble he might get later if he didn't try to even try!"

"You're impossible!" Junsu huffed.

"Oh, and you're not? I've been doing this in his favour. Can’t you see that?" Junsu fumed. He glared at Yoochun.  

"You're not serious." he mumbled before he turned around and stormed back at the confused boys. Baekho was arguing with JR because he told Yoochun about this morning's incident when JR didn't want to. JR was there when it happened, when Baekho's chest felt like constricted by tight vines that he couldn't breathe. Minhyun had to push Ren aside so that he would turn the other way. He didn't know what they were talking about when it happened, but JR could sense it was about school.

Ren hated this school because it seemed like whenever he wasn't in the same place as the other three guys who were in the same batch, people would find a way to harass him. He had to duck and sometimes hide if it was too stressful for him to handle. Sometimes, Ren hid in the bathroom stall for hours, if he got scared.

JR was not in the same class with Ren. Minhyun and Baekho were, but both of them were busy with other things too. Baekho was a member of a kendo club, and he always hang out with the other club members in his free time. Only when Ren came into the picture he stopped hanging out with his club friends but sometimes peer pressure did make him lose his sole attention to Ren. Minhyun, who was in an academic club, was not enough to protect Ren. Ren and he got along well, but Minhyun always lost track of his friend when he was focused on his studies. Plus, he was a valedictorian, the brains and the nerds always swarmed him with questions.

When Ren was left alone, he was very vulnerable.

"Who was scaring Ren the most in school?" suddenly Junsu appeared again, his expression was frantic. Yoochun was close behind, it seemed that their argument had not yet ended. JR and Baekho looked at each other.

"A boy named Koji. Seto Koji, he's a Japanese student, transferred here just last year," Baekho stated, as if he couldn't wait even for one minute to tell the authorities. JR shook his head violently.

"We can handle this. Junsu-hyung, Director-hyung," JR nudged Baekho and the latter nodded.

"Yes. Hyung, nothing..."

"I'm going to meet that boy," Junsu said without hesitation.

"But..." both Baekho and JR shook their head. "...we can't do anything to him. He's the kingka of school. If you meet him, it will make him weirder to the school," JR pleaded. Junsu took a deep breath and massaged his forehead.

"But things are..."

"What's with my suggestion of going somewhere?" Yoochun cocked his brow.

"It's not as simple as you think." Junsu narrowed his eyes.

"You're not going to..."

"I'll do whatever it takes to keep them safe. I took him in, so I'm going to deal with it," Yoochun opened his mouth to argue, just when Yoochun's phone rang. Yoochun groaned and he fished out his phone from his pocket. He looked surprised when he saw the name of the caller. He turned back to Junsu and covered the screen with his hand.

"Whatever you say," he muttered before he walked away hurriedly from the boys and Junsu. Junsu was bemused.

"Director-hyung's weird today," Baekho commented after all of them fell into deep silent. Junsu looked at Ren, who was still hugging his own knees.

"Ren, we need to talk."

"Hyung!" JR and Baekho simultaneously cried out.

"Only Ren and me." Junsu grabbed Ren's fragile wrist and the boy stood up, but his gaze was fixed upon the floor. Junsu dragged Ren to a nearby office and once he threw his glance to Yoochun; the man was deeply absorbed in his conversation with his caller.

He felt bugs were eating his stomach.

***

Junsu sat across Ren, both of them were sitting cross-legged on the floor. Ren was fiddling with his long slender fingers, but still didn't say anything.

Junsu threw a glance outside. Yoochun was still talking on the phone. Junsu huffed. He felt left out when Yoochun covered the phone screen, acting like he didn't want him to know whose calling. He was never like that before with Junsu. He would tell Junsu whose calling so that Junsu would keep track of what he's doing.

He returned his gaze back at Ren, even though he didn't feel like talking when he knew Yoochun was out there.

"Ren-ah..."

"I'm sorry I'd been such a bother," Ren quickly cut in his words. Junsu shook his head slightly.

"Do you hear what Director Park said? If you don't want to be sent to another place, please do this, hmm?"

"I can't...it's too difficult for me to control my power," Ren muttered like half his life had been on the line. He buried his face in his hands.

"You have to believe in yourself. Right now, your confidence is low so it's going to help if you start to train now," Junsu let out a small sigh. "All the people here, including Aron, JR and Minhyun learned to control their power so that they are not overwhelmed,"

"But...their power was about mind. They calculate things!"

"Ren..." Junsu chuckled lightly. "Only Aron has that ability to correctly calculate things in his mind. But his calculation could mess up with his mind if he overdoes it. He had to stop when he was given orders, he couldn't overanalyse things so not to mess the calculations needed. He was like a working computer, what happened when he overworked and all the data mixed up together when he's trying to figure out everything?" Junsu gave a wry smile and Ren saw him glanced out once again to Yoochun's direction. "JR and Baekho should use their memory only for things that matter. Do you know that our mind always alter our own memory every time we wanted to spit it out? JR and Baekho still have that problem, and we're training them to be sharper," Ren nodded, and he closed his eyes. "We're going to take care of you, Ren." he took Ren's hand and squeezed it. "Please do this for me, hmm?" Ren was still silent.

There was a knock on the door. Junsu lifted his head and saw Ahin appeared.

"Ahin-ah..."

"Junsu-ssi, Director-nim told me to tell you that he's leaving now."

"Leaving?" Junsu threw his gaze outside. Sure enough, Yoochun wasn't there anymore. Somehow Junsu felt disappointed and left out. "Where did he go?"

"He asked me to send you home after you're done here. He also said not to worry about him, and he'll be meeting you tomorrow," with that Ahin left.

bye.