Ready Or Not

220

Jaejoong's POV

I smiled at the new waiter that just came to work with us. His name was Kim Jong In, but we in the restaurant preferred to call him Kai. He was one of 220, just one year junior with Aron who was still in high school. Kai finished his high school earlier because he went to a special school and not in the same school with the others. Well, only five of the young 220 members were in the same high school and were living in the same house. The others basically scattered all around Seoul but close enough to each other.

I lifted my head when the back door opened. It was Yunho. I looked at the clock. He came to work one hour late. He never came in late before.

"Hey," and he looked dishevelled. I got up from my seat and ruffled his hair, tried to make him a little more presentable. I bet he forgotten to comb his hair this morning. He smiled at me. "Oh, thank you." he buttoned his yellow shirt. It was so loose I thought it would fall off his shoulder. "That's how I imagine my future spouse to be, nice and..." then it hit him. "Oh, I'm sorry,"

"It's okay," I smiled back and stepped back. It was a really awkward situation between us lately after Junsu caught us in the kitchen last time. We didn't mean to make it seem like that but really we were just friends. Yunho just liked to hug me from behind and he said it calmed him. He had always imagined hugging Junsu from behind when he did the dishes but it seemed like Junsu was never home with him.

Sometimes I couldn't help but blame myself for our close relationship. But it was just that. I thought of him as a friend, no more than that. He was a good friend, indeed but I didn't want to hurt Junsu's feelings. He was my friend too. We'd known each other since years ago and it would be sad if we fought because of our mutual friend. Well, in his case it was his boyfriend.

"Sorry I came in late,"

"You're the boss. You can come in late," he snorted at this. He spared a glimpse of himself in the window before he went to the cashier. He looked bright and happy today. Why?

I went to the cashier.

"You looked different today,"

"Oh," his smile became wider.

"Something happened last night?" I swore I saw him blushed. "I guess you made up with Junsu again?" he nodded and tugged his hair behind his ear. Damn, he looked so girlish right now. And they said Junsu was the uke. Haha. "I'm happy for you. Did he come back for good? What made you change your mind?"

Yunho inhaled deeply. We had talked about this before. Yunho had told me about their relationship that seemed like it had lost its spark. I knew with the new project coming up for Park Group, Junsu had been busier than ever and out of the blue Yunho told Junsu he needed space. I was shocked by Yunho's decision to be apart from Junsu, because I thought in this crucial and high time in Junsu's career he should be the one supporting him the most. But I guess I was wrong.

"I saw him coming to the door, and there's his boss right behind him. That Park Yoochun,"

"But you've met before."

"Yes, I know. But Junsu made me made him forgets me, about us, remember?" I nodded. Of course, his ability to persuade people included of making someone forgets that easily. I wished to have that ability compared to what I have.

"Then? What made you changed your mind?"

"That Park Yoochun. I saw him entered this restaurant and saw how Junsu looked at him before he went out of the same car, it was different from how I remembered their relationship was. His eyes...it seemed like..." he looked at me. "I don't want him to fall in love with someone else,"

"But you told him you wanted space,"

"I said I wanted space because he wouldn't say it out loud. I don't know. I can't read mind. I can't know what he wanted,"

"But asking for space..."

"I just...maybe when we are far away from each other he will start to miss me more. True, he cried when I told him that, and then he just had to go that vacation with his boss."

I my lips. I remembered that moment, Yunho was so mad.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay. My judgment was wrong. And I was not happy about it too after I hurt Junsu. I planned to make it up to him, and say sorry about us too." I nodded. He should. He really should do it to make Junsu happy again. Yunho lifted his head and our eyes met again. "Jaejoong..."

"I'm cool with it, I really do." I said but I didn't know why I thought I was giving him the wrong vibe. It might be because we became closer after he opened the restaurant and he took me in to work with me, so it was a lot to thank for. "So...back to what happened last night?"

"He came, and...uh...I persuaded him that he's still in love with me."

"You did what?" I can't believe Yunho went for his ability to gain Junsu back. "You can't do that! You know he'll know and it might backfired,"

"I just want to make him love me back after I told him I wanted space. I...I was jealous, I was enraged when I saw how close he was with his boss," he looked guilty even though he was defending himself. My mouth gaped open, I just couldn't believe it that Yunho played dirty in this crucial time.

"You can't do that! At least...give him time to warm up to you. It would look like you didn't trust him,"

"I trust him. But...Park Yoochun was there..."

"So you wanted to send Park Yoochun away by doing that to Junsu?" I put both hands on my waist. "You pushed Junsu too far, don't you know that?"

"It's not that far. Instead, he pushed me too far. He shouldn't go flocking around with his boss and make me jealous,"

"Yunho!" I shook my head. "You shouldn't say that about Junsu. Jeez, you're impossible!" I couldn't go on with this talk when a customer entered. It's time for me to go to the kitchen again or there would be no one cooking.

***

Junsu's POV

I was late today for an hour. I came to the office with my entire body still sore and I was walking very funnily because of last night. My bum was still hurting, and I had to borrow Yunho's jacket. Plus, I had to wear casual clothes today to work because I was from Yunho's house.

I woke up with my head on Yunho's tummy and we were on the floor, and cold. I practically panicked and screamed when I realised what time it was when I opened my eyes.

But the thing was when I woke up, I remembered Yoochun. His face just flashed in front of my eyes and I knew he's going to be so pissed off today.

And it didn't help that my bum was still hurting like hell and I couldn't walk normally. It made my movement a whole lot slower and people were staring at me because of that too.

When I arrived, I saw Yoochun stood by my table with his arms folded in front of his chest.

"I'm sorry." I bowed down. He glared at me for a while and I swear if there's a curtain nearby I would go behind it to hide. "Something came up..."

"Come in my room," he ordered and I walked quickly following him behind. He sat down on the couch in the middle of the room so I took the double seat. He was still watching me closely, like he was undressing me mentally.

He shouldn't do that, should he?

"Stop looking at me like that,"

"What? I can't look at you now? How possessive..." he mumbled under his breath.

"What did you say?"

"If you're going to come late to work every other day after your , I'm going to put a restraining order on him,"

"Excuse me?" the blood rushed to my face. Was it too obvious?

"At least you should cover your neck, looked like someone loves to play rough, huh?"

"Stop it!" I pulled the collar so that it would cover my neck. I knew there were a lot of times Yunho left his marks on me but I didn't expect Yoochun to be so heat up because of it. It was my private business after all. He let out a heavy sigh. "At least you know I get some, though,"

He cocked an eyebrow. I almost laughed.

"Are you saying that I didn't get any?"

"I didn't say anything about you." I muttered. He leaned on the couch, his eyes never left me. I ignored him as I went through the documents that were on the table in front of me. He didn't move and I knew he was still staring. "Stop looking at me!"

"Why do you think I'm looking at you?"

"Yoochun!"

"What?"

"I can't work with you sitting there idly while I have to review this thing..."

"You came in late. I read all of them already." I was embarrassed. I huffed and didn't say anything more. I kept on reading, while letting him undressing me with his eyes.

"Are you going to meet the boys anytime soon?"

"I will, after the press conference."

"Yeah..." the press conference. I massaged my forehead, I nearly forgotten about it. What is happening to me? I tapped my fingers onto the table, tried to absorb the new information that just came but my head was spinning. It was supposed to be my task managing all this but today it seemed like I couldn't even focus.

I should focus. I really should.

"Um...have you called the press already?"

"It's your job. You supposed to do that, not me." I knitted my brows. He was right.

"I'm just asking, don't need to get so worked up," I mumbled. I felt like hitting him in the knees but I couldn't do that because he actually did my work because I was late. "Then, I'll just call the press to confirm everything," I stood up and went outside to my own table. Yoochun only followed with his eyes. Somehow he was keeping something from me and now he's thinking about if he's going to spill it out or not to me. I was nervous when he kept staring at me like that because it meant something serious just had happened.

***

Junsu and Yoochun arrived at the press conference that would highlight Yoochun who would be talking about the yesterday attack. Junsu had prepared all the things that should be said and covered for Yoochun whilst Yoochun prepared himself to be presentable on the media.

"Are you ready?" Yoochun asked when they're going to go out of the car. Junsu nodded even though he was a bit nervous. "Here we go."

"Don't freak out,"

"Pfft, are you talking to yourself?" Junsu groaned but ended up smiling when Yoochun patted his shoulder. Yoochun entered the conference hall first and was followed loyally by his secretary with his head held high. Yesterday's attack came up on the front page, just like he predicted but he had to ignore it because he had better things to do. He would take care of it later on.

Yoochun sat on the assigned place and the conference started immediately. As usual, Yoochun handled everything with poise and calmness that he had been trained for all this years. Sometimes Junsu helped him by slipping notes on his papers so that he wouldn't slip off the right trail.

But one reporter caught him by surprise.

"Sir," he raised his hand.

"Yes," Yoochun nodded, giving a chance of question for him.

"Park Group and Shim Group were known for their competence in the industry." Yoochun knitted his brows. "A new director had been appointed at Shim Group, and here there's evidence that Shim Changmin, the new director of Shim Group flung himself into a very vulnerable position by protecting your secretary." Yoochun clenched his fist.

"It was a basic human instinct to protect someone," Yoochun answered quickly. "I believe Shim Changmin-ssi was doing it because of his own human instinct,"

"But sir, a basic human instinct is to save himself. His own secretary was injured in the attack and now is treated for third degree burn. He saved your secretary but he let his own secretary..."

"Where are you going with this?" Yoochun clenched his fist tighter. Someone might get fired after today.

"Yoochun, no..." he heard Junsu's voice from behind him. He took a deep breath.

"I don't want to answer any question that didn't regard to my company's safety..."

"Sir, we have pictures after the incident showing that both you and Shim Changmin fought..." Yoochun closed his eyes. He couldn't be humiliated like this, not by a mere reporter. He opened his eyes again, and tried to smile.

"I don't want to answer any question regarding the whereabouts of Shim Changmin-ssi. He just happened to be there and protected my secretary, so? What's the big deal? Next question, please."

But the question actually leads to more provocation from the media. Questions and suddenly pictures of him, Changmin and Junsu popped up on the screen. Yoochun's blood boiled when he thought of Changmin again, and when their private stuff been discussed by people who didn't even know them.

"Please stop all the questions, Director Park Yoochun won't answer any more questions," Junsu stepped ahead just like how he always did when things got out of control. But cameras were focusing on him, because now he was the main topic that would be even better thing to discuss rather than the current attack on Park Group's event.

"Is there anything that you want to say about yesterday, Kim Junsu-ssi?" Junsu was surprised because now they're asking him. They even fought to get closer to him.

"No comment," Junsu said. "Please, the conference will end here."

"Kim Junsu-ssi, is it true that something is going on between you and Shim Group's director?"

"Kim Junsu-ssi, what do you say about him protecting you and not his own secretary?"

"Kim Junsu-ssi, do you want to comment your current situation in Park Group?"

That's it! Yoochun rushed forward and grabbed the microphone, and shoved Junsu to stand behind him.

"No more questions. Junsu and I wouldn't answer any more ridiculous questions," Yoochun bowed down and stepped back behind. Junsu bowed down too, and he followed Yoochun to the backstage.

Junsu stared at Yoochun, his eyes evident of worry. Yoochun bit his lips while his hands both on his waist. Junsu was always calm but when he was attacked like that by the reporters, he panicked. He didn't know what to say, he didn't know how to react when a lot of people asked him about him, something that he never thought would happen to him. He had never been in spotlight and with the amount of people bombarding him questions scared him.

"People spotted you." Yoochun said with contempt.

"And...and they're going to attack me more after this. I'm sorry, Yoochun but I never thought this would happen," Junsu held his hands together. Yoochun watched him, it seemed like he would break into tears anytime soon.

"Things will get better," Yoochun put a hand on his shoulder and pulled him into his embrace. Junsu was taken by surprise but his embrace calmed him. "I will get this thing out of our hair. Don't worry about it," Junsu nodded.

"Thank you..." Junsu held onto Yoochun's shirt and closed his eyes. "I'm sorry, I was just...things were out of control,"

"I know. You're not used to it because it was always about me. Don't worry, I'll protect you, remember?" Junsu nodded again and silently he pushed Yoochun lightly to loosen their hug. He smiled at Yoochun and oh how Yoochun's heart fluttered to see it. "We are going to go out there and I will make sure no one could touch you. You just do your work and let me do mine," Junsu smiled wider.

"I should be in trouble always so that you would defend me like this," Junsu smirked. Little by little his fear subsided and it was all thanks to Yoochun.

"Only this time,"

"Whatever. You will keep protecting me," Junsu pouted. "You promised." Yoochun laughed, and for a while both of them felt like the previous problem's burden being lifted up a bit.

"Um..." Yoochun just wanted to say something more when Junsu suddenly brought out his phone. Junsu looked at the screen and then to Yoochun.

"Yoochun...uh...it's Changmin. I need to take this phone call,"

Changmin again. Now Yoochun felt he was pushed aside again and he didn't like it one bit. Junsu put his phone on his ear and walked quickly to the corner.

"It's not like I'm going to listen to your conversation!" Yoochun yelled.

"You did it before!" Junsu yelled back without even glancing at him. Yoochun groaned, but he knew Junsu was right.

He sat down, dejected. He wished he could do more for Junsu but it seemed like Junsu wouldn't need him as much when Changmin was on the other line.

A/N annyeong everyone! sorry i updated late! i was really, really busy this past week!