How Will I Know?

220

Junsu's POV

I woke up in the arms of Yunho. I woke up on time to get ready to work. When Yoochun sent me home last night I cleaned myself and drove to Yunho's house afterwards. Yunho cooked dinner for us, even though it was a bit late. When I did the dishes, he hugged me from behind saying he missed me. I didn't say anything because my mind was full of Yoochun and Heechul. Yunho was last night and we ended up having in the kitchen, and then again in his bedroom.

But I still couldn't push Yoochun away from my mind.

I think I'm getting suspicious and then it turned to annoyance that made me someone who I'm not. I shouldn't be actually. It's not like I owned Yoochun or anything. I could deny it with the colleagues' excuses, but it wouldn't cut it.

Yoochun had Kahi, but I didn't feel anything towards their relationship. What's wrong with me?

"You're going to work already?" Yunho's voice from behind startled me. I turned around and smiled at him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed the nape of my neck. I his hair and pulled him in for a kiss.

"I wished for you to be here all day..." he mumbled and continued kissing me.

"I can't." I pushed him away lightly. We looked at each other before I gave him another sweet kiss on the cheek. He grinned like a pabo that he actually was. I went to the table and set up the breakfast for us.

"You know the other day Changmin came to my restaurant?" Yunho said. I turned to look at him. Well, well, how did Changmin ended up there? "Jaejoong likes him."

"Really?" I sat down and sipped my coffee. I didn't know how I feel about the news. "Did Changmin know about it?"

"He gave him his phone number. But he hadn't called yet." I nodded. Somehow I knew Changmin was very aware of who he's meeting and was always careful in choosing people around him. He was even more careful than Yoochun.

"Do you like him with Jaejoong?" I asked without looking at him. He put his spoon down quite so roughly and I tilted my head. Our eyes met for a while before I looked down upon my food. Somehow my appetite had died because I felt like a storm was coming.

"You think I would flip about Jaejoong liking Changmin?" I rolled my eyes, I used my fork to cut the sausage in my plate.

"I didn't say anything. I asked you about Jaejoong liking Changmin,"

"Do you? Do you like it if Jaejoong likes Changmin?"

"It's their business. They can do whatever they want to do. Jaejoong likes Changmin, so?" I looked up again and smiled. "You don't like it?" he didn't say anything and I refrained myself from accusing him of something that me too was afraid of admitting. I was afraid Yunho would hate it that Jaejoong likes Changmin because he likes Jaejoong. I don't want to accuse him of being jealous because finally Jaejoong had his eyes on someone else, just because I didn't want Yunho to admit it was true. I chewed on the bread but now it didn't taste as good as I remembered. I my lips, and put down my fork. "I'm going to work." I hurriedly took my jacket when Yunho got up.

"Junsu...!" I grabbed my car keys and dashed outside. It seemed rash of me to just leave in the middle of a meal but I don't know. I just don't want to listen more to what Yunho got to say. My nerve was wrecking. I wanted to express my jealousy more but somehow I just didn't want to be there and talked about my feelings to him.

Somehow I just wanted space, maybe, every time he talked about Jaejoong.

***

When Junsu arrived at the office, Yoochun was already there. He was already busy and was analysing something. When Junsu showed up to greet him good morning, he only asked Junsu to make him a cup of coffee. Junsu made it and sent it to Yoochun's office. He put it down on his table and saw Yoochun was reading the information about 220.

"Why are you reading this?" he asked.

"I just want to understand them more." Yoochun waved his hand to send Junsu away. Junsu's mouth gaped open but he said nothing. He bowed down and left to his own desk.

Yoochun had read everything again about the members of 220, and he printed out the older members who left the company. Actually, everyone who was recruited by Park Group in 220 would end up working with them. But Yunho, and another person, namely Kim Jaejoong left Park Group to work on their own. Yoochun had never heard cases like this. Maybe it was because they did it when Yoochun hadn't become the director. But Junsu was here, and he knew Yunho. Why didn't he stop Yunho from leaving?

Yoochun scratched his temple with the tip of his pen. He heaved a sigh. Even when he searched in every document, he never found Junsu's information. He wasn't here. He wasn't in record. But he heard it himself and Junsu admitted it. He was a member of 220.

If only his information was here, he would know what Junsu was capable of. But why wasn't it here?

The door opened from outside and Junsu stepped in. He put down all the new projects that needed to be reviewed by Yoochun on the table.

"Junsu,"

"Hm?"

"Do you want to have dinner with me tonight?"

"Dinner?"

"I need to talk to you about something."

"About what?"

"Something." Junsu stopped walking and looked at Yoochun.

"Seriously?"

"What?"

"You're mocking me." Junsu deadpanned.

"Come have dinner with me tonight. I'll pick you at your home."

"Do you think I will immediately agree?"

"You know you will come. Don't give excuses. It's a very important thing,"

"Why don't we talk about it here?"

"I can't." Yoochun straightened up, his eyes shot daggers at Junsu. "It's a very important subject," he arranged the 220 documents in one corner. Junsu's eyes darted at the documents before they returned to Yoochun's.

"About 220?"

"I'll pick you up at seven." Yoochun stood up and looked at his watch. "I'm going to go somewhere. Please inform anyone who has appointments with me that I would get back at them personally." Junsu looked at him, his eyes puzzled. "I will be leaving now."

"Are you going alone?"

"Yes."

"Ahin?"

"No." Yoochun looked at himself in the mirror and made his tie. Junsu watched in silence. "I'll be going." Junsu couldn't say anything as he watched Yoochun left the room.

***

Yoochun's POV

I called Heechul just to tell him that I wanted him to stop the investigation. But he told me that he had something urgent about it that he wanted to inform me. I didn't have a choice than to let him see me. I knew it would raise suspicions in Junsu but I had to.

When I left the office, Junsu tried to catch up with me. He was going to say something but stopped. I didn't stay long so that I wouldn't be lectured further. Junsu had a very sharp instinct but lately he had not been insistent on me about it. I thought he was going to bombard me with questions after Heechul suddenly invaded my office last time, instead he just let it go.

Heechul was already there in the last rendezvous of ours. He wore a light blue polo T-shirt and wow, a fedora. Way to blend in for a private investigator!

He stood up and smiled lightly when he saw me coming. I noticed his face was a bit pale.

"Hey." apparently Heechul had chosen a place which was isolated from everyone else, and he also only had a glass of iced cappuccino, unlike the last time we met outside.

"About the investigation..."

"Can I talk first?" Heechul abruptly cut me off. His tone was a bit desperate so I let him even though I was a bit surprised.

"Okay."

"I'm sorry. Really, I'm sorry." Heechul stood up and bowed down before me.

"What did you do?" he sat down again. I had a very bad feeling about this.

"Remember the last time I told you that I'm going to the high school of Jung Yunho?" I was right. He never did listen to what I told him. I pursed my lips. "I went there the other day because I knew if I blew this off I'm not going to get another chance with you, if I do this wrong."

"You just did." I mumbled.

"I found out about Jung Yunho, he's under Park Group scholarship, my source just told me. And I looked up further, he was under the same scholarship with your secretary,"

"I know that."

"Then..." he looked like he had just swallowed something that was very bitter. "I found out that he was also a member of a secret organisation." I rubbed the lower half of my face. "220,"

I stared at him for a long while. He didn't stare back at me, his eyes gazed downward the entire time. He took his bag and fished out a yellow envelope.

"I received this just this morning." he pushed the envelope towards me. I took it and pulled out a nicely folded paper inside it. I read what was written on it.

'Mr Kim Heechul. Upon investigating the matter of the secret, we want the information. Things are going to be bad if you don't do what we wanted you to do.'

"Bad?" my eyes quickly scanned Heechul for a reaction. He looked unsure and also afraid at the same time. "When did you get this letter?"

"The same evening after I went to your office. It was in my post-box."

"Did you do anything with it? Call the police or anything?"

"The only person that I called after this letter was you." I the nape of my neck, it started to feel sore. Heechul was fiddling with his fingers, his face was inexplicably stressful.

"I can't protect you from this." I pushed the letter back to him. His face seemed like it had just been kicked.

"You can't do this. I did the investigation for you."

"I told you to stop. I know when you should stop and I told you that but did you listen?"

"It might be because of Yunho's case? What if this is about before I knew who gave the scholarship to Yunho-ssi?"

"No. Things about Jung Yunho was never dangerous,"

"He was hired by your company before when he was still a teenager. Your company is military-based, information almost anyone of your employees are classified, and because I had investigated..."

"Didn't I tell you to stop?"

"Was this letter from you?" he asked me back, he sounded desperate. "You are the only person that could know what I was doing."

"I beg your pardon? Are you implying that I did this to entrap you?" fury started to kick in. How dare he accuse me of stuffs that I didn't do? Heechul was fuming too. His face had turned red and his eyes were glossy. I inhaled deeply, I could feel my ears getting warmer by the second.

"No...!" he cried. "But, but...who could I turn to when everything comes down to this?"

I thought while I was looking at his face. What was playing in his head right now? What would he think about me if I let him go just like that?

"Okay," I sighed. "Listen," he nodded eagerly. His hand was holding on to the letter very tightly. "I'm going to help you, protect you. But that was because I was the one who asked for your help, and that was it."

"I..."

"But stop this thing, Kim Heechul-ssi. One step further, you're going to really damage yourself." he opened his mouth but closed it again. His eyes were staring intently at me, his lips quivered.

"I...uh...something that I accidentally know." his words were jumbled up. "But I swear I didn't want to do with anything about it,"

"What is it now?"

"220." his eyes pierced mine, and I could feel my heart stopped for a moment. My jaw was clenched as I balled my fists under the table. "This was about it, right?" I stayed silent. I threw my glances out of the window when my eyes caught someone.

The woman was looking at me; she was wearing a dark trench coat despite the hot weather outside, her lower half of her face was covered by a shawl. I was sure she was watching us because the moment she saw me noticed her, she turned around and immediately pushed her camera behind her back.

See, I know my senses became very good when Junsu was absent.

I got up from my seat and ran outside to catch up with the woman. She her heels and started to run. I couldn't waste any time so I rushed to follow her.

She was fast for a woman, and I was already out of breathe. I couldn't catch up with her because suddenly she just disappeared.

"Wh...what?" Heechul appeared behind me. His face had turned green. I thought he was too exerted and he had difficulties to breathe.

"Somebody was watching us." my voice too had changed; I blamed the running that I just did. "I didn't know her. I guess you're right."

"Uh?"

"About this blackmail." I massaged my forehead. "Heed my words, Kim Heechul. Everything that you had found out didn't exist; you think it like that and I will be the one who you can depend on." I looked at him in the eyes as I said this, my teeth gritted of anger and curiousity. His green face looked like he would break down anytime soon.

"Who was it?"

"I don't know." I closed my eyes. "I'm going to go now. If that girl knew more about you, there would be problem. You know that our employees' information was classified because of reasons, right? This was one of it."

He looked at me.

"I'll be leaving now." I waved and he bowed down at me. I rushed to my car and drove away.

***

Heechul's POV

I wanted to do what Yoochun wanted me to do. I didn't want to mix myself in something that I really had no gut for. I should've trusted my instinct when Yoochun told me not to go to the school and collect the information. And now, just right when I had known about 220, I knew something wasn't right and I didn't belong here. I didn't deserve the 220 information at all. It wasn't for my wit to handle.

It was so out of my hand.

When I knew Yunho had been sponsored by Park Group when he was in high school, I discovered about the reason behind it. Someone from the school said there were three students from the same high school that were sponsored by Park Group. When I gave the informer the money that was so exceeding the budget, he was willing to spit out the name. And his face was confused, he didn't know how the three of them were connected. But they were very close to each other but not in school.

And I figured they were Jung Yunho, Kim Junsu and Kim Jaejoong. Kim Junsu was Yoochun's secretary. I later found out that Kim Jaejoong was the cook in Jung Yunho's very own restaurant.

I wondered, if he was so bright in his early days, why did he end up as a cook in a small restaurant? I searched and searched, just for the sake of my own curiousity when I knew hell would chase me if Yoochun knew about this. That was when I found out about 220, the special organisation that was founded by Park Group. But it was only that, nothing else. The three of them were in that 220’s stuff but I didn't know what kind of organisation was that and why it was established and hidden from the public afterwards.

Then the next morning after I found out about 220, the mail arrived. It was then I knew my life was kind of hanging by a thread.

I went to Yunho's restaurant that very night because I felt the need to observe them even when my life was kind of going nowhere now. Yunho was at the restaurant, being the cashier and greeted people. I could see Jaejoong cooking in the kitchen, his face was serious and even so, it was glowing. I thought he really enjoyed cooking.

Why? Why was he here and not at Park Group working under them?

When I was sitting there just nicely, I saw Yunho talked on the phone. He seemed upset of something. I closed my eyes and tried to focus on what he was saying.

"What? Junsu...! But you promised..." Yunho was mad. His voice was shaking. I opened my eyes and saw him pinching the bridge of his nose. "Whatever. Don't forget to come back home early."

He finished the phone call abruptly and furiously he put his cell phone down. I could hear the gadget hit the table harshly. I turned my head quickly so that he wouldn't notice what I was doing before. He sat there as still as stone. Jaejoong who had done cooking went to him and talked a bit with him. Their voices were silent so I couldn't eavesdrop at all. But I guess it was about Junsu. After all, they had one mutual friend, Junsu.

***

Junsu looked at himself for the last time in the mirror before he went out. Yoochun was already waiting in his car. He knocked on the window and Yoochun opened the door for him. Junsu smiled at him, his heart was nervous to be talking to Yoochun tonight.

Junsu sat down beside Yoochun and his boss started to drive.

"What's so secretive that you have to bring me out tonight?" Junsu asked. Yoochun's face was expressionless.

"About you. About 220."

Junsu looked at Yoochun for a while but Yoochun said nothing else. Junsu threw his glance outside when the silence overwhelmed him.

"Don't worry." Yoochun said when they stopped at a restaurant. It was a fine dining type which was somewhere that Junsu couldn't even afford. Yoochun touched the back of Junsu's hand and squeezed it. "It's nothing, really."

"You're scaring me." Yoochun laughed lightly.

"Don't joke with me. You're not scared of anything." Junsu closed his eyes and took a deep breathe. "Let's go."

A/N annyeong everyone! thank you very much for reading this, commenting and subscribing! i really, really appreciate it! ^^ *bows down*