When The Wrong One Loves You Right

220

Ren was terrified. The kidnappers still made him wore the blindfold. His world was all black and he was nauseated by it. All his movements were on guard, he could feel their eyes watching him. The spell that bound him was still there. He couldn't move his limbs freely even though he was sure there wasn't any rope tying him up.

He had just finished his meal. Someone fed him due to him couldn't see anything. All he had to do was open his mouth and chew. He was brought to the bathroom, people bathed him and will put on his attire without him needing to lift a finger.

It was embarrassing but he couldn't do anything.

Can't they do something? Ren thought.

"They're trying their best." the good thing that happened during his abduction was he had made a new friend. Surprisingly he was Kim Junsu-hyung's twin brother, Kim Junho. Ren had always wondered how he looked like. How similar was he to Junsu hyung?

"I didn't want to stay here."

"They'll find us. Don't worry." Junho was not blindfolded like him. They only blindfolded him because his eyes were dangerous.

"For how long?" I'm sick of waiting. Ren bit his lips, trying not to say the words out loud but of course Junho could know. Ren felt blood rushed to his face. "I..."

"I understand. But Junsu will find us. Please be patient." Ren pouted. It's not Junsu that he was waiting for. It was someone else, and he was missing him all this time.

What was he doing now? Did he eat well? Did he miss me?

"Of course he missed you. I bet he's searching for you high and low." Ren blushed even harder. "Who is he?"

"Who?"

"The one you're thinking?" Ren cracked a small smile. It had been a while since he smiled.

"Can you see him in my mind?"

"I read people. But I can't see the image inside your head."

"I thought you could know everything." Ren giggled, but it sounded weak. "Okay..." Ren his lips. He was having palpitations while he's thinking about him. "He's the one who took care of me after Junsu hyung dropped me at the boys' house. I thought I would not fit in because of my ability, but he proved to me that I was wrong."

"How did he do that?"

"He told me not to listen to anyone who wants to bring me down. He protected me..."

"Aahh..the typical love story," Junho teased, he let out a dry laugh. "He fancied you, he wooed you and you're hooked."

"You don't mind?"

"What? What I don't mind?"

"Me?" Ren's lips quivered. "Liking a boy?" Junho laughed even harder at this.

"Please. You wouldn't know that Junsu is gay too." Junho smiled wider, remembering how foolish Junsu could be when he fell in love. And how he sacrificing himself due to the one he loves made them like this.

"Junsu hyung?"

"Who else?"

"Seriously?" Junho nodded even though he knew Ren could never see his agreement. "Ah...so he has a boyfriend?"

"Yes."

"Who?"

"Should I tell you? Why you don't know about this before? Did he not give tell-tale at all?"

"I knew he is close to Yoochun hyung-nim, and that's it. I don't think he's close to anyone else. Maybe...Yunho hyung and Jaejoong hyung too."

"It might be because your friends didn't tell you anything."

"Sure. I'm not as close as it might seem."

"Because you had been keeping everything to yourself," Junho just knew it. "And he's the one that broke through your shell," Ren nodded. "What kind of person is he?"

"He's..." Ren pictured him in his mind. "Caring, thoughtful, protective. He was my first kiss,"

"Aaa, you kissed already?" Ren nodded, he felt his face could explode with this embarrassment. "You moved on fast,"

Too fast, in fact.

"Why?" Junho asked, unable to stop himself. Ren bowed his head down.

"I made mistakes," Ren paused. There was sorrow evident in his voice. "I moved on too fast because I'm in love with him. I wanted him to be my every first, but of course I was wrong. It was just me who was too infatuated, too in love that I couldn't see the reasons he was being nice to me."

"Why?"

"My friend said he is competing with someone else, who also..." Ren couldn't bring up the exact word.

"...likes you?"

"I don't know." both of them didn't say a word for a while and made Ren even more uncomfortable. "So, I distanced myself from both of them."

"Do you love one of them?"

Ren nodded in silence.

He heard Junho took a deep breath then exhaled.

"You know, there's a story of a person that I know and love. He loves someone since the moment he laid his eyes on him. Pretty much I could hear him talking about him every day. He was so in love with that guy that it drove me crazy. But he could never tell him that he was in love with him because of several reasons. So, he kept it to himself for a very long time. It was eating him from inside. He was torn apart because he couldn't do anything about it."

Ren wanted to ask about the reasons Junho tell him about this but he knew Junho already knew.

"One day, the father of the person that he loves approached him, asked him to be one of his predecessors, one of his most trusted minions. So, this guy here followed him not knowing that being near to him would more or less make him happier. But who thought it could go wrong?"

Junho paused. Ren could hear him shifting his position, like he was forever uncomfortable.

"The father asked him to make a pact, made him promised to stay away from his son. He didn't want him to fall in love more because he told him that his son wasn't worth of his affection. His son was something else, his son had no special abilities."

Somehow Ren could grasp the story. But he didn't want to say anything.

"His son was someone ordinary and he would break his heart if he continued to love him. He obeyed the father, of course."

"What's the point? Did the son know about that someone?"

"Yes. But later on he will forget. In this story, someone made him forget."

"Really?"

"It was disastrous. Memory loss was never a solution."

***

Yoochun opened his eyes abruptly and panicked again when he saw the four white walls around him. He tried to stand up but fell on his own bum. He felt nauseous and choked up.

He was sweating profusely. His sight was getting blurry. He crawled to one side of the wall, desperately he hit it with his fist.

"Let me out! Let me out!" he was panicking. His whole body was shaking. "Let me..." tears started to well. He was afraid. He was going to collapse again if someone didn't save him out of this predicament.

Who did this? How did he end up here? Where is this?

"Arrrghhh!!!!" Yoochun howled. He banged on the wall more forcefully. Blood started to trickle on his knuckles as a result of his forceful blow. But no one was coming for his rescue.

What was the last thing that he saw before he was engulfed in these white walls?

Kahi's face. Kahi.

He was terrified. He didn't like enclosed space, he was claustrophobic. He was never one before, but a tragedy made him like this.

***

"Losing your memory could help you heal yourself. I wanted to erase my painful memories and keep the beautiful ones." Ren mused. A small smile lingered on Junho's lips.

"Someone thought of that, too. But they were wrong."

Ren kept quiet.

"Do you know who we are talking about?" Junho asked, his tone sounded playful. Ren could almost imagine him smiling, just like his Junsu-hyung.

"I wanted to ask. But, never mind."

"Things don't go well. It ended up that that man had to enslave himself forever to repent for his mistakes. And that son had never known that someone was in love with him."

"You tried to make this sound romantic, but I'm confused." Junho laughed even harder.

"One day." Junho clucked his tongue. "One day, we'll know."

***

"Somebody..." Yoochun was exhausted. He was trapped in this enclosed space and it seemed like there's no escape from it. There wasn't any door, any windows. Yoochun stopped banging on the wall, and put his hand on his neck.

He was hyperventilating. The snot made it impossible to breathe. The tears had made himself practically blind.

"Help. Please..." Yoochun closed his eyes, imagining that he was somewhere out there. Maybe a crowded place. But not here.

Memories flashed inside his mind and he saw Junsu's face.

The overwhelming fear made Yoochun whimpered. He was never like this. He was never afraid of anything until that day. He had forgotten why he was so afraid of enclosed space, especially with with white walls. It was still okay with elevators, but not as narrow like this. 

But why did Junsu's face keep appearing in his head?

***

"Do you know why the father stop him?"

"Why? Would you tell me?"

"Why do you think? Why the father didn't want someone to like his son? For me, he's not that bad. He was an angel."

"I don't know. Maybe because he didn't want his son to turn queer...like me?"

"It's not like that. Don't you think the excuse was too lame?"

"Then, why?"

***

Yoochun put both hands on his head. He shut his eyes tightly and whimpered like a badly wounded animal. His head hurt.

He would die.

He knew he would die if this predicament didn't stop.

Why didn't anyone hear him?

'I love you. But I'm sorry. Please don't hate me.' he heard voices in his ears. Now he started to question his own sanity.

'You are the one, after all this time?' he shivered. It was his own voice, lingering in his lost memory.

Somehow the forgotten memory had come back.

'You love the wrong person.' he remembered that was what he said.

'I know.' whose voice that it belong to? He heard it somewhere. 'But loving you felt so right.'

***

"It's..." Ren wanted to guess who he was talking about but stopped when he heard the door opened. Ren braced himself. He listened intently as someone approached him and took off his blindfold. The light hit his eyes and it hurts. His eyes watered, trying to adapt to the sudden light.

The shadow of the person slowly appeared in front of his eyes. The light was too bright! He blinked a few times to shoo the tears and to focus on the person in front of him.

"Morning," the man said. Ren winced. "Have you had a pleasant chit-chat?" Ren didn't answer. His sight gradually sharpens, and he could make out the features of that person currently standing in front of him. He was a handsome guy, he might be in his late twenties.

Ren almost fell forward when suddenly he could move his limbs again. His shoulders felt sore all over. His legs seemed like they weren't there.

He stared at the man helplessly. He gripped the hem of his shirt to steady himself.

"Why didn't Junho tell you the origin of the story?" the sound of that man saying Junho's name felt familiar, almost affectionate. Ren turned towards his left where Junho's voice came from when they were talking. His face was strikingly similar to Junsu. There's no doubt that he was Junsu's older twin brother. "You don't want to?" the man turned towards Junho, and he looked up. His face distorted of disgust.

"It's nothing compared to what you've done to us?"

"At least we're doing it to someone who is considered an enemy." the man cocked his brows devilishly. "Unlike what the hero in your story did,"

"It's for our good."

"By letting a national enemy get away?"

"We're not conspiring with any national enemy. You did. Your team did. You betrayed President Park!" Junho who before this seemed calm and collected shocked Ren. Junho's face reddened, his breathes were heavy.

"Now you're starting to have emotions. I thought you had put all those feelings away," that man chuckled teasingly. There was something malicious underneath that smirk. "Since you have the gut to sell your brother away."

Ren felt like his breath was taken away. He looked at Junho who was tongue-tied.

What was the meaning of that?

Junho's eyes flickered at him and he shook his head.

"It's not what it sounds like, Ren," Junho tried to justify. "I can assure you..."

"Why do you think he will believe you when you could read his mind without his permission?" the man smirked at Ren, making the youngest boy in the room shivered in fear. "Hmm, don't you agree with me, Ren-ah?"

Ren was torn apart, half of him wanted to argue but really, invading someone else's mine was not a good thing to do.

But it's not like he could say it out loud.

Ren gasped. No, Junho could know. Junho had always known what he was thinking.

"See? You're in doubt." that man's voice surprised Ren. "You will always in doubt if someone can read your mind."

"Don't listen to him, Ren." He heard Junho's voice, but it sounded so far. It seemed like he had been enveloped in a bubble where sound waves could barely travel. "He has that ability. He could mesmerise you," Junho warned him and Ren knew that but his eyes. That man's eyes were too deep and he found himself lost in those pair of orbs. Ren's heart beats quicker as if he was on a run.

"Do you trust him?"

"Who?"

"Him. Kim Junho."

***

Jiyong waited outside the bungalow of Park family. He was leaning against a big tree waiting for her to come out. Five minutes later he could hear someone screaming in distant. It was a cry of help, screaming helplessly at the top of his lungs. It could bring chills to people who heard it.

Jiyong smirked to himself. He pushed his hair behind his right ear and whistled. He looked at the sky that was dark, and saw the moon hidden behind the clouds. It was beautiful, just like how he liked it. The moon for Jiyong was such a mysterious object, deemed to be the affection of everyone.

He heard the sound of footsteps approaching him. Jiyong's smile widened. He looked at the lady who was approaching him now, walking gracefully lit by the moonlight. Jiyong bowed down and the woman flashed a smile.

"Have you finished your task?" Jiyong asked. The woman tugged a strand of hair that dangled in front of her eyes and nodded.

"A piece of cake."

"When will you stop the torture, Kahi?" the woman shrugged.

"I actually started to like him but well...of course he had to get in the way,"

"What a circle of fate."

"He will never escape him." Kahi sighed lightly. "I'm just helping him to realise that,"

"Until...?"

"Ah...let's see if he could remember what happened again."

The sound of Yoochun's scream silenced both of them. Jiyong gestured for Kahi to climb inside his car and drove away.

A/N welcome to the story for the new readers, please do enjoy your journey here, and for those who stays thank you so much! happy anniversary to uri oppas too!!!