We Are/Humanoids

220

Junsu's POV

It's midnight here and I would be back in Seoul tomorrow. I was sitting outside the room, out at the balcony to make myself at peace. The wind was blowing softly into my ears as I leaned on the chair, my eyes gazed at the endless sky above. I tried to count the constellations that I could recognise, that I could remember back from when I was little. It had always been things that I looked forward to when I was still a kid. Observing the stars that were billions and billions lights away from Earth, still emitting their light down even if they're already dead for thousand years prior. It always fascinated me of how the universe was.

The sky was dark and it had become easier to spot the constellations because it was a very clear night. I counted one of them, to the north the Big Dipper, the easiest of them all. I smiled at myself.

"You're doing what?" I was startled by it. I turned to see Junho staring at me behind the sliding door. His hand was holding onto the curtain.

"Ah. Nothing," I grinned. He walked outside and sat on a rocking chair which he had brought from our home here. It was a gift from our grandparents when we were still ten. I remember it was Christmas and he liked Grandpa's rocking chair so much, which resulted to the eldest to buy the exact same replica for him. Back then, the chair was very big even when both of us were on it. Now it fits comfortably for him and he loves it so much he brought it here.

When Grandpa bought it for him, he told me that Christmas Eve. We always go to Grandpa and Grandma's house on Christmas, so we could never know what they would buy for us. But he knew, and he told me.

I asked him how he knew. He told me he knew what Grandpa was thinking, he even could picture the chair vividly.

'They were like talking to me. Very loud. Just like yours.'

'Mine?' it was weird when Junho said that. Junho nodded.

'Yeah. Loud like your thoughts. Yeah, like that,'

That was when we knew he could read minds. What was left of me?

"Why don't you drag me to count the stars with you?" Junho asked, his voice excited.

"I don't want to. You're always playing dirty." I poked his side and he laughed. "It's my last night here, I'm going back tomorrow."

"Why don't you stay longer?"

"There's something needed to be done. I don't trust him to work alone." I observed the stars, trying to find any more constellations that would look familiar. There's the North Star, shone bright being a guardian that it was. "Why don't you come with me, Junho?"

He shook his head, just like how I expected. He was too scared to step his feet outside this facility ever again. His ability to read minds was a torture for him. He couldn't turn it off easily and when he wanted to. He couldn't ignore those thoughts, they were loud and he could never block them even if he wore earplugs all day. He could hear them in bigger radius, in higher frequency and without stop.

We both thought it was a blessing at first, and then we knew it was wrong. It drove Junho crazy. He was mad all the time, he couldn't concentrate. He was shivering, he kicked and screamed but it made the thoughts of people around him sounded louder than he wanted to.

Park Shin Geun then made a decision that changed our lives forever. He put Junho in this facility, asked the workers to only let people with the utmost importance be near to Junho and to let him meet a psychiatrist who would stay calm and thoughtless.

Crazy. I spat when President Park told me this idea. I was outraged, angry because he took my brother away without my consent. I was the only person that he has in this world after our parents were gone.

"Stop thinking of the past, Junsu," Junho sighed. "I'd enough. Please stop."

"I'm sorry. Being with you..." I took his hand and squeezed it. We both gazed at each other's eyes and he nodded. He accepted my apology. "...I'm still not used to being by myself, Junho. I lived alone."

"You're strong, Junsu. You can do it. You survived the tragedy for both of us, hanging on is nothing,"

"There's a limit to everything," I covered my face with both my palms. I didn't realise I was shaking because of this fear, this insecurity that I'd kept inside. "I can't do this alone anymore."

"Who said you're alone?" Junho touched my hand and peeled it from my face. I peeked and saw him smiled at me. "You have him. Wasn't it you who told me that you'll be fine if I'm okay?" I opened my mouth but words failed to help me. "I'm sorry I can't return to Seoul. It's too complicated..."

"I know. I understand. But without you...I can't see straight, hyung! I, I don't know why I was scared all the time. I don't feel safe."

I knew I said too much when he was speechless. His mouth gaped open, his eyes searched into mine trying to find the continuity.

I looked away harshly, biting my lips. I grasped his hand. He massaged my fingers back.

I'm scared. Things are going out of hands and I want to run away from here. I want to be with you. I want to be with someone who can make me feel like I'm somebody to them.

"Just like how you make me feel." I whispered before I broke down again.

"You are once and always a part of me, Junsu."

"I don't want to be apart from you again, hyung. Enemies are lurking. Friends are leaving me and, and..."

"And...?"

"I kissed him."

The colour drained down from his face. He let go of my hand and I could see the flicker in his eyes.

"I made a mistake. I kissed him. No...he kissed me first and...and I..."

"You..."

"I don't know what to do, hyung. What do I do now? I'm afraid that...that..."

We stared at each other, again.

He got up from his seat and hugged me. He hugged me tightly that I thought my ribs were going to crush.

"You're gonna be fine."

"He kissed me!" I sobbed into his chest, letting it out there. I had never told anyone about this and it's freaking me out. It felt real. The kiss suddenly seemed so real and not just some figment of my imagination. "It was so wrong! I shouldn't have done that! It's...it's out of control. He has a fiancée and I, a boyfriend!"

"Junsu-yah..." he held my shoulders firmly. "It's not your fault. It's not anyone's fault, do you understand me?"

"But it's wrong!"

"What's wrong when all you did was to follow your heart?"

"The last time we did, look what a wreck we had been!" I blurted out and saw his hurt face. "No, no...I mean, it's..." I hiccupped. "I cheated behind Yunho's back. I didn't know how to face him."

"Oh, Junsu-yah..."

"I'm a terrible person, hyung. Now I felt guilty."

"You don't have to, okay?" Junho shook his head. "You're young and things got out of hand. Even if...it's wrong, doesn't that mean you're one step closer to him? Isn't that what you want?"

"I don't know what I want anymore, hyung." I inhaled deeply before I broke down in a sobbing mess again. "He made my heart like this."

"Which means you're in love with him. You have always been."

"But..."

"Tell him everything. Tell him why you are by his side."

"What if things got more complicated after that?"

"What is more complicated than a heart's matter?"

***

I called Yoochun later that night telling him that I would be late for tomorrow morning. I knew that I had taken two days off but he should understand that I'm not at Seoul right now.

"Then I'll see you tomorrow." his voice was calm and he didn't tease me like usual. I was started to worry the kiss between us would make our relationship awkward. I didn't want that. I wanted to talk normally to him but it would be impossible now.

"Okay. I'll see you..." suddenly I heard a loud noise inside Junho's room. I rushed inside and I nearly dropped the phone when I saw two men were inside the room. One of them was aiming a gun towards Junho.

I stopped in my tracks. The man that was holding the gun turned at me and grinned. He was a bit shorter than me, and his face gave a very playful vibe towards me. However I shivered when I saw the grin.

"Who-who are you?"

"Kim Junsu...what a pleasure to meet you."

***

Yoochun's POV

"Junsu?" suddenly my phone call was ended. I heard Junsu gasped and then nothing. "Junsu?! Answer me!"

Of course there would be no answer. I put down my phone. I didn't think it was the reception because I could hear him loud and clear before even though it seemed distant. Junsu wasn't in Seoul, so where was he?

I tried to remember if he ever had relatives. As far as I know, Junsu's parents didn't live in Seoul. I didn't even know if his parents were still alive or not. That caught me off guard. I didn't really know about Junsu actually. He was always with me, never complained, and never said anything. The most intimate thing that I know about him was only where he lives.

I was worried something might happen to Junsu because he was never like this. There was also something suspicious in his voice when the call ended. I went out of my room and rushed to find my dad.

From the very start when I began working, Junsu had always been close with my father. He was personally appointed by my father to guide me as a secretary, and he really surprised me with his efficiency. He might know where Junsu was.

Appa was sitting at the lounge, playing with his tablet. I couldn't believe he could be obsessed with some kind of mobile game.

"Dad," he replied with 'hm', even though my voice sounded frantic. Well, I had started to sweat. "Where's Junsu?"

"What?"

"Junsu. Do you know where he is?"

"Why do you ask me? He's your responsibility," my father stated nonchalantly. I groaned. He's not helping at all.

"Something happened to him. Help me, dad!" I urged, trying to grab his attention. "I just want to know if you know anywhere that he would go,"

"Shouldn't you already know everything about him?"

"He is a secretive person, dad!"

"So, why do you think I would know where he is?" my father's tone didn't change a bit. I huffed loudly.

"If you don't want to help me then, fine!" I stomped my feet and left the lounge. I couldn't waste my time arguing with my father even though I was suspicious.

I took my phone and went to the police station. Even if they found my request absurd I couldn't just let it go. Not this time.

"Just...track him down. I don't know, maybe using the GPS of his phone?" I tried to reason but the policemen who worked there reacted badly. "Try doing something. Don't you know who I am?" it was my last resort. I had never used my position before. "Don't you know me?"

"We are really sorry but tracking down a civilian like that is illegal. We have to find a court excuse..."

"To hell with the court excuse!" I exclaimed loudly even though I knew it would be bad for my reputation. My friend, my best friend, my right hand was in danger for all I care. "I'll pay you. I'll pay whatever, whoever..."

"You need to be patient, sir..." one policewoman came and gave me a cup of tea. I shook my head and I brought out my business card.

"I'm going to find another way. If anything you can do for me, please do give me a call." I stormed away from the police station without looking back even once.

***

Yoochun climbed inside his car. He hit the steering once when he was overwhelmed with anger. He tried to call Junsu again but somehow it wouldn't connect like always.

"Please....please..." he was sweating even in the cold environment in his car. "Pick up the phone..." he was praying so Junsu would be alright.

Yoochun tried to find another way. He exhaled, inhaled. He repeated the gesture for a few times until his head felt like functioning again. "Damn..."

He bit his nails, a habit that he always picked up whenever he was nervous and agitated. Junsu hated it. Every time he saw Yoochun biting his nails, he would slap his hand away.

Is there anyone in 220 that have the ability to find people? Yoochun took out his phone, tried to find the information of 220 that he had saved inside it.

Nobody. No one. There was no one that had any ability that could find people, nor anything near it.

Why isn’t there anyone that could help me when I need one?

Yoochun called Junsu again, the call couldn't even be connected. It went straight to the operator. Yoochun rubbed the lower side of his face. He started his engine, whatever it is, he had to do something.

He would begin his conquest with Jung ing Yunho.

***

"What do you want?" Yunho wasn't that welcoming when he opened the door. Yoochun knew he wasn't Yunho's favourite person anyways so he wasn't offended by the rough tone of his. He too was perturbed when he even had to think about asking for his help.

"Did Junsu call you?" that was the politest tone he could manage to let out. But he didn't think it sounded pleasant enough.

Yunho crooked his brows. And then he looked mad.

"Why do you want to know?"

"Can't I?" Yunho glared at him. "Did he call you?" Yoochun's tone sounded like he was pleading. He didn't even care. Yunho shook his head.

"I thought he was with you." finally Yunho said. "No, he didn't call me." Yunho shook Yoochun's shoulder. "What's wrong?"

Yoochun was actually intimidated by Yunho's height, he peeled Yunho's hand away lightly from him.

"He called me and suddenly the line was cut off." Yunho's eyes widened. "Something happened on the other line. I thought it was weird, because there was a loud noise before the line went dead."

"What about Junsu?"

"What-"

"What did he say before the line went dead?"

"Nothing. He just...he was silent."

"Why did he call you?" Yoochun rolled his eyes.

"Was that matter now? What's the point of asking that?"

"You asked me questions, and I answered. Shouldn't you do the same?" Yunho glared at him. Yoochun groaned.

"He told me he's coming late tomorrow for work. And...he's not in Seoul." Yunho put his hand behind his neck, massaging it. He tilted his head. He looked mad and frustrated. "Where did he go? Did he tell you anything?"

"We..." Yunho clicked his tongue. "...had a fight yesterday. It was bad."

"What?" Yoochun grabbed his collar harshly.

"Stop it, okay? It's between him and me. I regretted it, it was my entire fault." Yunho shoved Yoochun away. "I didn't think he would run away."

"You..." Yoochun lifted his fist.

"We fighting here wouldn't help at all. Junsu's still out there and only God know what was happening to him." Yunho tried to reason. He too, if he could, want to pick up a fight with Yoochun considering he had always had silent grudges against him. He still loathed Yoochun, though.

He pushed Yoochun's fist and the director dropped his hand.

"You're lucky he loves you so much." Yoochun muttered. Yunho scoffed.

"Did he?"

A/N "did he?" now i felt sorry for yunho to make him suffer.

p/s hi and hello! i'm really really sorry for not updating this story for the longest time...i'm trying to catch up with my work and writing stories in the same time. and i really really love and grateful to all of you that didn't abandon me because of my late update. i tried really hard to make room for myself to sit down and write but it seemed impossible...

thank you so much for the support and love that you guys given to me. i am really really happy because you're still here... *bows down*

and please do tell me if there's a mistake in my story, if there's any plotholes or anything that you don't understand, because i sometimes overlook them because of the long period of abandonment... thank you in advance!

hwaiting!