On The Edge

220

It was dark and cold inside the room. Junsu couldn't hear anything unless the sound of water tapping somewhere behind any of these four walls. He couldn't move at all. Someone had put a spell on him and his limbs froze. He was lucky his eyes could still move or else there would be consequences.

He couldn't stop shivering. The coldness around him and the fear was controlling him. He was afraid of himself and Junho.

They had taken Junho away. They succeeded to penetrate this strong walls provided to give protection to his brother by Park Shin Geun.

*

'Let go of him, please!' Junsu pleaded when he saw Junho, so pale-faced and fear-stricken. 'Don't hurt him...' Junsu clasped both hands together and dropped down to his knees. He would do whatever if that means letting his brother away unharmed. Junho shook his head. He couldn't see his baby brother in that situation. He was supposed to protect him, not the other way round.

'What would you do now with your powers, huh?' the captor challenged. Junsu stared at Junho, his brother shook his head. 'Tell him what we would like to do with both of you.'

'You...' Junho couldn't believe his own ears. His voice was so squeaky, shaken and fearful. Junsu clenched his fists. '...you don't plan to let us go.' Junsu almost choked with his tears.

'Don't do this to us, please...' Junsu pleaded again. The gun was still pointed at Junho.

'Do you know who I am?' the gunman asked while he raised one brow. 'My name is Kwon Jiyong. The Dragon. GD.' he said cockily. Junsu didn't say anything.

'What do you want from us?'

'It's not me. I'm just following orders. Your brother here is to come with me.'

'But why?' Junsu was desperate. 'Why don't you take me? Why don't...'

Bang! The vase right behind Junsu broke into pieces when the bullet hit it. Junsu screamed and jumped.

'Junsu!' Junho screamed and struggled harder to break free when he saw how frightened Junsu was.

'We don't need you, Kim Junsu. Kim Junho's power is all that we need,' Jiyong snapped his fingers once and a tall guy stepped in. He smirked at Junsu before he lifted his hand and waved it in one direction. Suddenly Junsu felt that his limbs were weak and he fell to the floor. He tried to move but the man waved his hand again, and Junsu felt his chest tightened.

'Aahh!!' the invisible bind grew tighter when the man did a gesture like he was pinching something. Junsu felt like his ribs were crushed, the air had left him and the pain was excruciating.

'No!' Junho screamed. 'I'll go with you. I'll go with you!'

'That's the spirit.' Jiyong smirked, and laughed. 'Let him go, hyung.' the man snapped his fingers and suddenly Junsu was able to breathe again. He gasped, his mouth open wide to every molecules of oxygen that he could. He dropped to the floor head first of the relief. But still he couldn't move his limbs at all.

'What did you do to me? Let me go!' Junsu shouted. Jiyong shrugged and later ignored him. He lowered his gun and then kept it. He gestured for Junho to follow him and he did.

*

Junsu looked at the clock. It had been two hours since he was immobile like this. His bladder was full, his whole body was aching. His tears had dried up that he couldn't cry anymore. He was fed up. He was scared.

He thought of Jiyong and the man that came with him. His ability could kill someone easily. If only someone like that was in 220, they could be in advantage. But why did they want Junho? Junho could read people's mind but they wouldn't get anything unless they force Junho to spit anything. They got nothing on Junho.

But why did they let him go?

Junsu felt like biting his own tongue because he was so frustrated and that was the only thing that he could do to injure himself. He whimpered like a wounded animal, but no one would really hear him in this distance.

Suddenly the door was opened and Hyukjae and Joongki rushed in.

"Oh my God!" Hyukjae was astonished to see Junsu lying, almost like he was dead on the floor. He knelt down and cradled Junsu's limp body. "Hey, Junsu. Answer me!"

"Hyukjae-ah..." Junsu was so relieved he wanted to cry. He was so afraid and how happy he was to see a familiar face. Joongki knelt down beside Hyukjae.

"Are you okay?"

"I can't move." Junsu spoke. "I can't feel my limbs..." Junsu hiccupped.

"Who did this to you?" Joongki asked.

"One person named Jiyong and another. They...they took Junho away." Hyukjae and Joongki looked at each other. "I can't move. I can't do anything, and they took Junho away. My God...!" Junsu had broken into tears again. He was so helpless.

"Shh..." Hyukjae embraced the limp Junsu tightly. He too was shocked to see Junsu in this state. Joongki looked at him, both of them were thinking the same thing.

Why did they do this to the twins?

***

They carried Junsu out of the room and let him rest on a bed. Junsu couldn't move a muscle until seven hours later. When he did, he shouted for help to ambulate himself.

"You're okay now?" Hyukjae asked. He was so scared of his best friend. Junsu nodded.

"Thank God. I thought I'm going to be paralysed forever." Junsu hugged Hyukjae again.

"Why did they do it to you?"

"I don't know. Things happened so fast. I just..." Junsu's eyes widened. He grabbed Hyukjae's shoulders. "...Yoochun!"

"Wait, what?"

"Yoochun. Where's my phone? I have to call him..." Junsu was frantic.

"We didn't take your phone together. You can use mine for now." suddenly Joongki handed him his phone and Junsu took it. Junsu immediately dialled Yoochun's number.

The director picked up the phone after the third ring.

"Hello?" Junsu covered his mouth with his hand when he heard Yoochun's voice. It felt so familiar, and somehow Junsu felt he had finally returned to his sanctuary. "Hello?"

"Yoochun-ah..." Junsu flashed a glance at both Joongki and Hyukjae who were staring at him.

"Junsu? Is that you?" Yoochun's voice was loud, ringing clearly in his ear.

"Yoochun-ah..." Junsu couldn't think of anything else; just Yoochun's name.

"Junsu!" Yoochun's voice too sounded like he was relieved and delighted to hear Junsu's voice. "What happened? I tried to call you but you didn't pick up. Where are you?" Junsu was silent. He took a deep breath, but he was unable to tell anything to Yoochun just like always. "Junsu...I know you're there. Please talk to me."

"I'm sorry, Yoochun-ah..." he ended the phone call and gave the phone back to Joongki.

"Why don't you tell him that you're here?" Hyukjae grasped Junsu's hand and the man shook his head.

"There's too much things that I have to tell him if he knows I'm here." Junsu sighed.

"You didn't tell him about Junho?" Hyukjae asked, his voice showed he was surprised. "You worked with him, being with him but you never told him anything about Junho?"

"I can't."

"Did you tell him about you?" Junsu shook his head and then bowed his head down.

"I can't." Hyukjae and Joongki's jaw dropped.

"I thought you should know better." Hyukjae raised his voice a notch and saw Junsu flinched a bit.

"And what? Let him know the real me?"

"Junsu...you're not the bad guy!"

"He will not accept me if he knew the story about me!"

"That's what you said about President Park, remember?" Junsu opened his mouth to argue more but he had no point left. Joongki raised his hand.

"We'll never solve anything if we argue with each other like this. If Junsu didn't want to tell him, then let it be, Hyukjae. We don't know..."

"But Yoochun deserved to know it."

"Why would he deserve to know that I was once his stalker?" Junsu cried out. "What would you do if he was disgusted about it?"

"Junsu-yah..."

"You can't force him to accept me. I'm ashamed of my past self, Hyukjae. That's why I can't tell him. Would I casually tell him that?"

"We're not going to tell him about you stalking him. But about Junho..."

"What do you think he would think? I would be a sick, insane person to him!" Hyukjae stared at Junsu helplessly. "My twin brother was being kept here like for, forever. Don't you remember?"

"But I accept you. I embraced your past..."

"But Yoochun is a different person. He's from a totally different background..."

"Let's stop talking about this, Hyukjae, Junsu." Joongki tried again to calm both of them down. He already felt the sparks of a very huge fight and he hoped to extinguish them before it started to burn both of them down. Joongki knew Hyukjae and Junsu very well that he knew both of them would continue to fight until someone hurt the other physically and he didn't want that. "We must find a way to find Junho back. And the only thing that we can do now is to tell President Park,"

***

Yoochun stared at the phone, he was astounded by whatever just happened. Junsu called him and then he just terminates it without further explanation?

He put the phone on the table and went to his bed. His mind was haunted by Junsu. He couldn't sleep when he returned from Yunho's house. He had a quarrel with Yunho because of Junsu. He couldn't even look at Yunho in the eyes actually because everything about him reminded him about Junsu and it disturbed him.

Yoochun went out to the kitchen just to find some tranquillity. This calamity was killing him inside, thinking about Junsu was really painful. What charm had he cast on him that he couldn't stop worrying about him?

There was someone at the study. Yoochun peeked and saw his father was on the phone with someone. He leaned in and tried to eavesdrop which was something he wasn't keen to do unless it was very urgent. He had been restless all night. He wanted to at least know something that could make him calm down a bit. His father was talking in a low voice, and his face indicated that it was a very serious issue. Yoochun looked at the clock in the room, it was nearing four o'clock in the morning.

Who would have called his father in this early hour?

"Let Junsu rest for a bit. Don't let him come to the office tomorrow." he heard his father said. "We will find him." his father was listening to the other person. Yoochun saw he closed his eyes. He looked distressed. Whoever was calling brought a bad news, he supposed. "I understand. Keep him there. I'll tell Yoochun myself. Be careful too, Joongki. Enemies are lurking and there were a lot of them."

Yoochun bit his nails. Junsu. He didn't hear it wrong. Something happened to Junsu!

"Dad!" Yoochun dashed into the study without waiting for the phone call to end. "What happened to Junsu?"

Park Shin Geun was surprised to see him barged in but his face returned to stoic state.

"I'll call you later. My son is here." he put down the phone.

"You actually knew where Junsu is. Why don't you tell me earlier?"

"Watch your tone, young man." Park Shin Geun shook his head and gave a look at Yoochun. Yoochun clenched his fists, refraining himself from losing his patience. "There's nothing wrong with him..."

"I want to know where he is!" Park Shin Geun turned away from Yoochun who was glaring at him. "Please don't make another excuse again." he sighed.

"He's not coming to the office tomorrow. I'm giving him another day off."

"I didn't ask you that."

"You will have to find out about his whereabouts from Junsu himself." Yoochun frowned.

"You can't..."

"He's going to tell you if he wants to. I can't tell you anything."

"What?"

"Even though you're his boss, you can't force someone to spill about his personal life if he didn't want to." Park Shin Geun said before he leaves Yoochun alone.

***

Yunho tried to call Junsu for the umpteenth time but like before, no one answered. He had been trying since Yoochun came to his house. He was shocked when the director came because never once he thought Yoochun would come to see him for help. It was such a nuisance that both of them hated each other to the core but obviously loved the same person. Yoochun might never admit it out loud but Yunho could see through him like a glass.

The worse thing was Yunho could feel Junsu was fading away from him. He was letting go of his hand and silently, slowly he fell into Yoochun's hands. Yunho shook his head. He rubbed his jaw with his right hand and his left hand was holding his cell phone. His calls remained unanswered. He almost gave up but what could he gain when he do that?

Yunho couldn't sleep a wink that night. At last, he decided to call Jaejoong and tell him about the news. He actually didn't want to bother Jaejoong about Junsu because he knew Jaejoong actually wasn't comfortable about it even if he didn't say it out loud.

Yunho glanced at the clock and it was four o'clock in the morning. He sighed, he had dialled Jaejoong's number and no way would he back off now.

It took a while before someone picked up the phone. And it wasn't Jaejoong. The hoarse voice on the other line was actually unrecognisable and he sounded sleepy.

"Yeah?"

"Jaejoong?"

"No. Not him. Wait..." he heard the man woke Jaejoong up. Yunho narrowed his eyes, tried very well to remember.

"Hey..." Jaejoong's sleepy voice hit his eardrums. "What?"

"Are you sleeping with someone?" he couldn't decipher whether his tone was angry or annoyed or just...lifeless. Jaejoong yawned and Yunho heard him giggled.

"What do you think? Hey...if there's nothing..."

"Junsu's missing."

"What?"

"Junsu. Is. Missing." Jaejoong gasped. "I don't know what to do, Jaejoong. I'm sorry I called you at this hour but I really need to let this out from my chest."

"You can't be serious. Junsu's missing? Wasn't he with you last?"

"Ah...well, something happened."

"Something? Don't tell me you did anything...hey..." Yunho heard Jaejoong shuffled. "....Changmin!"

Changmin?

"...no, where are you going?" Jaejoong's voice panicked. "Wait...Yunho, I'll call you back. Changmin...he's..."

All Yunho could hear after that was a dead tone.

A/N Yes, GD is in the house with...let's just guess who he is. hehe

i love you guys. thank you for reading this story. feel free to write whatever you want in the comment. i won't judge because i need it, and thank you again for reading this hehe~