Alive As We Are

220

Junsu's eyes flung open. He sprung up and looked around. It wasn't his bed, it wasn't a familiar place for him. Junsu muttered something under his breathe to keep calm. He touched his forehead, he was sweating profusely. Junsu exhaled.

It was Hyukjae's house. Hyukjae had asked Junsu to stay together when Junsu told him what happened with Jaejoong and Changmin. It's fortunate that Junsu accepted just because Hyukjae told him he would be safe there. Only sometimes when Donghae come by to check out on Hyukjae that he would be quite shy.

About Changmin, he had made a grave mistake by telling Junsu that he loved him. It was an old feeling, ancient even when compared to how he feels about Jaejoong. He loves Jaejoong now. He wants Jaejoong, he wants him so badly it hurts his pride. Changmin tried to make Jaejoong understands that he really repented on what he did but Jaejoong would not answer his calls.

Junsu let out a small groan as he rises to go to the bathroom. He had so many things in his head that he's willing to turn off his ability all day to avoid hearing other's mind.

"Are you going to go to the office today?" Hyukjae's voice came from behind the bathroom's door when Junsu was brushing his teeth.

"Uh-huh," Junsu looked at himself in the mirror. He looked like a ghost. He wondered how with that face Yoochun managed to love him.

"I thought you would tell him you lost your home."

Junsu spat into the sink before rinsing his mouth.

"Yeah. About that...I want to find a new home before Yoochun finds out."

There was a long silence amongst them. Junsu continued to clean himself, took a bath and washed his face. After he had put on his work attire, he sat down with Hyukjae. Donghae was also there. Turned out he spent the night at Hyukjae's house too.

"How about you and Yunho now?" Junsu felt like his appetite had died when Hyukjae asked that question. He lifted his head to see Hyukjae was staring at him, and Donghae pretended he was not listening.

"I don't know."

"Did you discuss with him? Break up with him?"

"We don't discuss anything." the last time Yunho came to see him, he was almost and was with Yoochun. There was no way a good conversation could be held in that situation. "It's hard to talk about anything with him these days,"

"Let's be honest. Do you want to break up with him?" Junsu said nothing. "Did he want to?"

"No."

"You sure?" Junsu nodded. Hyukjae sighed. He glanced at Donghae who stood up to put the plates into the sink. "Your relationship is very complicated."

"Tell me about it." Junsu picked the anchovy from the bowl and put it in Hyukjae's bowl. Hyukjae ate the anchovy and soon he did the same to Junsu with the fermented radish.

"Did you tell him about your house?" Junsu nodded. "He offered a place to you?"

"He's concerned with Jaejoong more." Junsu stopped chewing his food. It felt rubbery inside his mouth. Hyukjae's mom's kimchi was the best he ever had but today it didn't appeal to him.

"Jaejoong." Hyukjae repeated the name. Junsu nodded. "Yunho only loves you, yes?"

Junsu shrugged.

"I don't know. He was never a predictable person." Junsu picked another pickle and put it in his bowl, and then another one for Hyukjae. "He told me that he loves me but in the same time he was chasing Jaejoong too. I didn't know which one he wants and I'm tired because I'm confused,"

"You don't think it's because you're giving mixed signals to him?"

"Maybe..." Junsu put down his chopsticks. "I'm full..." he stood up and put his bowls and cup into the sink.

"You always avoid this talk."

"It's because it's none of your business."

"Junsu," Junsu shrugged and later just left Hyukjae and Donghae alone.

***

"What do you mean he is sick?" Junsu was shocked when he came by the office and was told by Park Shin Geun's secretary that Yoochun was not able to come to work today. Junsu tried to call Yoochun many times after that but his boss didn't pick up the phone.

As a last resort, Junsu called Park Shin Geun himself.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

"It's not the first time," Park Shin Geun's cold voice spooked him.

"But at least..."

"So what if I asked him to tell you? What would you do?"

"I..."

"Now don't waste my time. There are things to do and I believe as his secretary you should know better of your job." with that, Park Shin Geun hung up the phone. Junsu was surprised at the very least but he kind of expected it already. He came to work as usual, finding Yoochun's office was empty. He cancelled all his appointments for today and made new ones. He even planned dinner for Yoochun to attend with the big bosses, the important ones. He had always done it for Yoochun and occasionally Park Shin Geuk since he worked as a secretary there. What Park Shin Geuk said was right, he shouldn't worry much about Yoochun not coming to work.

***

But still, Junsu wanted to come and see Yoochun for himself. He had come by to Yoochun's house by taxi. As he was Yoochun's right hand, he was invited in without any doubt at all. He went to Yoochun's room and his heart almost stopped when he saw Yoochun lied peacefully in his bed.

"Yoochun?" Junsu walked nearer. He touched Yoochun's forehead, he was having a fever. He sat down on a chair next to Yoochun's bed, watching Yoochun slept. He looked paler than he should. "I'd settled all the meetings for you. I even met the fat president to tell them you're sorry for falling sick today,"

Junsu looked at the door. It was closed. He grasped Yoochun's hand and held it tightly.

"Ugghh..." Junsu let go of Yoochun's hand immediately. Yoochun was waking up.

"Yoochun?" Yoochun opened his eyes. He turned aside and saw Junsu. His eyes widened.

"You..." Yoochun sprang up to a sitting position in a second. He pulled his hand away from Junsu's grasp making the smaller man gasped. His eyes glared at Junsu. Junsu cowered. His heartbeats fastened like never before.

"Yoochun-ah..." even when he was saying that name out loud.

"What the hell did you do to me...?" Junsu lifted his head again only to meet Yoochun's eyes, filled with fury.

***

"Why didn't you tell him the true story behind what happened in the past? Who is that father? Who falls in love with who?" the man challenged Junho again. Junho gritted his teeth but didn't say anything. "It seems like I have to be the one..."

"Stop it!" Junho roared. "I'll tell him. But, not you."

"Why?" the man smirked, making Ren shivered.

"Not you, Hyunseung. I don't trust you,"

"Aaa...." Hyunseung looked down upon Ren. He ran his fingers on the boy's jaw. Ren flinched. "Cute."

"Don't you dare..." Junho's face was distorted of disgust.

"Ah, why? You're reading my mind?" Hyunseung chuckled. He put his arms around Ren and buried his nose in Ren's hair. Ren closed his eyes. "Yes, you must have known what I wanted to do to him..." he Ren's ear, making the boy whimpered. His body still couldn't move at all.

"Stop. Please..." Ren pleaded.

"Such a beauty," Hyunseung grazed his teeth on Ren's neck while Junho watched in horror. "But it's no fun doing..."

"Stop it, Hyunseung! Just..."

"...with him unable to move like this. But only Seunghyun hyung could make him move again..."

"Help me, hyung-ah..." Ren sobbed because he was so afraid. He was helpless.

"Don't you dare..." Junho almost lost his mind. He had read the dirty thoughts that popped in Hyunseung's mind when he entered the room and laid his eyes on Ren.

"Don't you find it funny?" Hyunseung nibbled on Ren's collarbones, before he kissed Ren's neck sporadically. Ren shut his eyes tightly, biting his cheeks to prevent himself from letting out any sound.

"Don't touch him!" Junho screamed again.

"What good can you do, Junho-ah?" Hyunseung winked at him. His hands started to Ren's shirt. Ren panicked. He couldn't do anything to help himself. He was helpless. "Watching me violate him?"

"Stop! Please..." Ren pleaded.

"He's beautiful. Just like how Jaejoong was. But will he end up like him?" Ren's eyes flung open when he heard Jaejoong's name. He gazed at Junho, the man's face had paled like he had seen ghost. "What do you think?" Junho froze. Hyunseung was enlightened. He pulled Ren from his seat harshly and shoved him to the floor. Ren fell helplessly head first, unable to anticipate what was coming and his limbs were still not functioning.

"You...bastard!" Junho's eyes were red. Hyunseung hummed a song while he effortlessly pulled off Ren's shirt. He tossed it on the floor, and pulled Ren's limbs apart. Ren sobbed louder, his eyes were pleading for this stranger to stop what he was doing.

"Please don't..." Hyunseung leaned in and kissed Ren's tears. "Hyung..."

"He can't do anything, dear love..." Hyunseung cooed as if he didn't plan to do anything filthy to him. Ren sobbed even louder.

The door suddenly opened from outside again. A tall man, the same man who came to abduct Ren from his school stepped in. He clicked his fingers and suddenly Ren could move again. He took this opportunity to push Hyunseung and ran to hide behind Junho.

"What are you doing, Hyunseung-ah?" the tall man didn't show any emotions. Hyunseung stood up and brushed off his shirt.

"Nothing, hyung." Hyunseung his lower limb as he eyed Ren like he was a prey. "Just playing around."

"You know what he's capable of?" the man asked. Hyunseung nodded.

"Don't worry, Seunghyun hyung. I am The Shield. His power didn't affect me." the tall man scoffed.

"But Junho's did." Hyunseung's smug smile died. "And Junsu too. There's always someone with better abilities, stronger power than all of us, Hyunseung. Don't forget this." the man turned and stared at Ren. Ren already hid behind Junho who couldn't move at all. The man snapped his finger and suddenly Junho could move again. However, Junho refused to say a word of grateful.

"You would not get away with this. The Park family will come and haunt you down."

"We are expecting that, don't you think so, Junho?"

"Don't be nonchalant about that, Seunghyun. You might be powerful in this crappy organisation, but in Park Group you can't even be consider a member." Seunghyun's face which was void of emotions before changed. His brows form a tiny taut. Junho smirked. "What can you do by kidnapping me? You can't stop them from progressing,"

"Two." Seunghyun showed his right index and middle finger. "One of two. You are not there. We crippled the system already,"

Junho said nothing. Seunghyun smiled devilishly.

"Only one that we need to take the system down. You're the stabiliser. We only need to find the other stabiliser, and then, boom." Seunghyun clapped his hand. "Park Group will collapse."

"It's not as easy."

"Easy." Seunghyun snapped his fingers. "Once you're here, your brother Kim Junsu will panic. You don't know what happened out there." Junho gritted his teeth. "Things are quite chaotic. Just like years ago when that happened."

"Enough..."

"I wonder what Park Yoochun will react when he remembers everything back."

"He is fine without it. He does not need to remember..."

"Ah...yes, you should say that because Kim Junsu, your brother is in love with him. Love...love...what is a human without love?" Seunghyun shot his eyes towards Ren that made the boy flinched. "I wonder..." Seunghyun let out a small laugh before he left the room.

***

Yoochun didn't say a thing. Junsu bowed his head down. Being sorry was the last thing that Yoochun had in his mind. Junsu was very still in his seat as if moving any muscles would result in Yoochun's rage.

Yoochun stood up. His steps were clumsy he almost tripped. Junsu rose immediately to hold Yoochun before he fall down. However Yoochun pushed him back and his fist bumped with Junsu's face. Junsu could hear something broke. He quickly touched his nose and almost fainted when there was blood trickled down from his nostrils. His eyes watered of the pain. He looked away from Yoochun.

Yoochun froze.

But he didn't apologise. He was just standing there, his eyes darted elsewhere.

"Ahjumma!" he called out loud that Junsu flinched because it was so sudden after moments of silence around them. Less than a minute later, Park household's maid came by. "Bring him out, do something about his broken nose." Yoochun's voice was firm and cold. Junsu blinked, his eyes were still focused on the floor. The blood was dripping from his palm that covered his nose.

"Please come here, Junsu-ssi," the maid gestured so that Junsu would follow him. Junsu bowed down before he found the door.

When he and the maid exited, he could hear Yoochun shouted profanities in frustration.

Junsu's heart shattered into pieces.

***

Ren leaned his head on Junho's shoulder. He was very tired. His eyes were swollen because he cried too much. After the two guys left, Ren buried his face in Junho's chest. He put his hand on Junho's tummy and closed his eyes.

"I'm sorry." Junho rubbed Ren's face with his thumb.

"Don't be." Ren took Junho's hand and squeezed it, as if he was sure he would get instant energy by doing that.

"What happened years ago?" Ren suddenly asked. "It crippled me because there's so many things that I didn't know."

"You shouldn't know."

"But I want to!" Junho shook his head.

"If you know, you will never see us the same way again,"

"Us?"

"Yes, us."

"Who?" Junho bit his lips. Ren's mind was chaotic but one thing that Junho was clear of was he suspected 'us' were him and Junsu. He wanted to know the real reason behind this abduction, he wanted to know who were the guys who just left and what had happened before.

Was this organisation a spin-off from Park Group?

"No." Junho was wrong when he answered to Ren's questions in his head. Ren's eyes widened. "No, no...this is not something that is related to Park Group."

"Hyung, how dare you read my mind like that!"

"I can't help it, Ren. I can't control my powers,"

"Did Junsu hyung have it too?"

"Yes, but he could turn it off whenever he wanted to." Junho crossed his fingers behind his back. "I can't. I hear them all the time, even when I'm not looking at them."

Ren snuggled closer to Junho. Junho's body was warm and his hands were cold.

"Hyung."

"Hmm?"

"If I tell you a secret, will you tell me yours too?"

Junho froze in his place. Why would Ren suddenly ask that?

"What secret?"

"You choose." Junho ly to see Ren's determined eyes. They were milky chocolate, mild and beautiful. "You know."

"You have a secret?"

"Best well-kept." Junho exhaled loudly. "Do we have a deal?"

"I can't agree with your suggestion." Junho tried to brush him off but the boy was persistent. His mind kept challenging him to accept his offer, and being Junho he couldn't ignore it. "But I'll get to choose my own secret,"

"Fine."

"You first."

"Okay." Ren pulled Junho closer and whispered in his ear. "I killed someone before."

Junho's eyes widened.

"That's how I discovered my power."

A/N how did the boys survive afterwards?

what actually did happen to Yoochun?

the answer for it is : Kahi has an ability to revive the fear in people, and she just woken up the fear in Yoochun.

thank you for reading this! i'm sorry it's been late, i have been very busy with life. i can't promise immediate update, but i promise to keep the quality of the story, (even though i know it's quite impossible due to i alway kind of forget the progress of my own story)

but thank you for sticking with me! ^__^