Break Out

220

Ren's POV

I followed Baekho to our class. I was back in high school, and fortunately I was in the same class with Baekho and Minhyun. It took me three days to agree to go to school again after Junsu persuaded me to.

I was grateful that he took me in, I really did. I was trying to run away from him when he spotted me looking at his food intensely and he chased me. He ing chased me. My first instinct was to run as far as I could. Who wouldn't? But I got caught and like he read my mind to spare me, he let me go with one condition.

He asked me how I made his hotdog hot.

What kind of question was that? When I thought of it, it was actually a very weird question. He should be asking me 'why did you want to run away from me?' or, maybe 'what do you want? My hotdog?’ but no he asked the question 'how did you make my hotdog warm again?'

So I told him that I have a special power that was terrifying to people.

Junsu registered my name into the same school as me and four others. I am in the same year as Baekho, Minhyun and JR, while Aron was two years senior from us. I didn't know if they were orphans or just living together for the sake of 220, because I never asked. I was not a talker myself.

I dyed my hair blonde just like Baekho. I wanted to look different. When I was still living in the orphanage, they wouldn't let me dye my hair even though I'm dying to. I just wanted to change my hair, that's all. It's not that I wanted to change my whole body. The blonde hair actually looked good on me after it was done. It might be because of my fair complexion.

"Here is our classroom." Baekho's words killed what was inside my head. I looked at him, and he made way for me to enter the classroom after Minhyun. Most of the kids here were as cool as Baekho. They were all using expensive stuffs and talked about concerts and TV programs just like there's nothing else in the world that's more interesting.

I sat down on my chair. My seat was beside Minhyun who after he got the books out went to talk to JR that was in the class next door. I glanced at Baekho who was laughing and playing with our classmates. Baekho always seemed like he enjoyed living anywhere he went and in whatever he does. Meanwhile I was always sulking and didn't confront the world like I used to.

It was all about the power that I had. I knew about it when high school only started, and the boys in my orphanage knew. It was a hell from that moment.

I closed my eyes and felt my body shivered.

"Are you okay, Ren-ah?" I opened my eyes immediately and saw Baekho looking at me. I nodded my head and put a hand on my forehead.

"Yes." I tried to smile but it came out bland. Baekho came on to me, and put a hand on my arm. I pulled away instantly and glared at him. He gasped, and realised I hurt him I pulled away my gaze.

. I'm going to kill people at this rate.

I lowered my gaze, and I wanted to run away so much.

"Baekho-yah," Minhyun entered the class and I still hadn't the courage to look at them. "Omo," Baekho was touching his face, maybe it burned. "What happened?"

To my surprise Baekho chuckled a bit, like someone who tried to deny something awkwardly.

"Nothing. It's...something was in my eyes." I tilted my head upwards and saw Baekho was smiling at Minhyun. Wasn't he hurt by what I did? Minhyun looked at me and then back at Baekho.

"You should be careful." Minhyun sat down beside me, and he flashed a smile too. It seemed sincere. I had to doubt it, because people rarely smiled at me and when they did, it had a hidden agenda.

"What is your special ability, Minhyun?" I asked. He looked at me like it was his first time.

"I...uh..." he scratched the back of his neck. I watched him and praised him silently in my head because he was so handsome. I think he was more handsome than anyone in the class. "I can...actually my eyesight is very powerful. I can see miles ahead, I don't know...how far could it be...it's just so stretched far ahead,"

"Oh." he smiled at me and blushed.

"I know it's not much, that's why I didn't know why they picked me..." his voice trailed off and he didn't continue then. I my lips absentmindedly and that's when the teacher came in.

***

Baekho's POV

I stole a glance at Ren who was scribbling something on his notebook. He looked hurt and I felt the need to make him cheer up again. That's just the way I am, I couldn't stand looking at someone sulking all day. Or in Ren's case, it seemed so hard to see him smile. He just didn't feel like smiling. I know why he was that way, if I had been chased all day and threatened because the power that I had unintentionally, I would despise people too. At least he tried to control to not gaze at people. I think the recent acquire of the power made him felt helpless, thus it was even harder for him to control himself.

His power was a whole lot more superior to mine. His power could kill people just like that, and my power was photographic memory which means I could remember things with just one look and would stay in my mind like, forever. I had the same power as JR. 220 trained us to use our ability to help Park Group. We were guaranteed jobs in the company in our early age as soon as we entered 220. We worked to remember important stuffs from other company and if we got hold of one picture that was significantly important, just one look is enough. For me, I love doing it because I felt useful. It was something when you do those things for adults, you know. You felt important.

When recess time came, the four of us went to the canteen. Aron wouldn't be eating with us because he had his club to lead. He was the leader of archery club. He forbade us to join him because he wanted to shine alone. Crazy bastard.

But I can't help but love my hyung, even though he rarely acts as a hyung to us.

We were walking at the corridor to the canteen when we crossed into Koji, the kingka of school. He noticed we had a new friend and stopped us.

"Who are you?" he asked with a rude manner. He always wanted to pick up a fight with us, even though we did nothing to annoy him. He glared at Ren, and Ren lowered his gaze as low as possible.

"Piss off, Koji." Minhyun stood in front of Koji to block his view of Ren. Ren scooted nearer to me and I could feel his body shivered.

"He's blonde."

"And you're brunette." JR added which made Koji even madder. He shoved Minhyun aside so I quickly pushed Ren to stand behind me.

"Who is he?"

"Why do you want to know?" 

"I just want to, okay?"

"You don't have to." Koji pushed me harshly. He grabbed my collar but I wouldn't budge. I made a promise to Junsu I would protect Ren. "Piss off,"

"You'll regret this, Kang Dongho." Koji brought his finger close to my face but I stayed calm. He gritted his teeth and left.

That was then I could breathe again. I turned around and gently I touched Ren's arm. He flinched. His face looked terrified.

"Who...who is that?" he asked. Ah...I wish I could shoo his fear away.

"It's just a damn bastard. As long as we're around, he won't be able to touch you, don't worry." I said. He looked at JR and Minhyun. Both of them gave him a reassuring look and he tried to smile but we knew he was scared.

We ate silently. Minhyun and JR exchanged nervous glances while eating. Koji would come again, if he's not in a good mood. He would come and harass them until he knew who the new boy was. Words had spread around that Koji had spotted Ren, because of his feminine look and how he was close to us.

In this school, we were the exiles. Except for Minhyun of course but he was more popular with the girls. We didn't want to stand out too much. I didn't have much good memories but I have Minhyun and JR here with me so it's okay for me. We also have Aron which was very popular in this school. But it's not right to use his popularity here.

I looked at Ren who was playing with his food.

"Are you okay?" he nodded. He didn't look okay, of course. Who was he kidding? I looked at Minhyun, and saw he was poking his carrot with his chopsticks.

We knew we're in deep trouble if Koji comes to confront us again.

***

Baekho let Minhyun and JR to go home first because he wanted to stay with Ren. He wouldn't dare to leave Ren alone on his first day in school. People started noticing him because of his unique look, and it actually scared Baekho too. He would try his best to stay by his side, to protect him.

"Ah," Baekho stopped walking. "Baekho-yah, I forgot something in the class,"

"Oh?" Baekho wanted to say to leave it but Ren already ran towards their classroom without further ado. Baekho let out a sigh.

Ren went to his classroom. He had left his notebook that Minhyun gave him so that he could catch up with what he had left off when he didn't go to high school. It was important for him because even if it was his first day, he felt like he was so far behind the other kids. Minhyun was a pretty brilliant student, his notes were all neat and systematic. He had lent it to Ren so that Ren could maybe read it at home.

He entered the class and grabbed the notebook under his table. He stuffed it into his bag and slings his bag to his back. He quickened his pace to leave that he didn't notice there's someone else in the corridor.

"Ouch!" she screeched when he accidentally knocked her. He fell on her but quickly scrambled back up.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Ren wanted to help the girl up but she pushed his hand away. Ren stumbled back a bit and tried to take a good look at the girl.

That was when Baekho arrived.

"Ren!" he grasped Ren's elbow and the latter flinched.

"Baekho," Baekho looked at the girl that Ren accidentally knocked and his jaw dropped to the floor.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Kim Jiwon-ssi."

"Tell him to be careful." she darted a death glare at Ren and Ren could feel the shivers. Baekho glanced at Ren but Ren lowered his gaze to the floor. Kim Jiwon folded her arms in front of her chest, evidently displeased. She huffed and clacked her heels leaving both the boys alone.

Ren followed Baekho to the exit after Jiwon left. Both of them didn't say anything and Ren was too afraid to ask anything even though he was a bit offended by how the girl treated him. He knew it was his fault but he said sorry, didn't he? She should not act like she was being hit severely. It was an accident for God's sake!

"She's the girlfriend of the kingka,"

"Girlfriend of Koji?" Baekho nodded. They started talking when they were on the bus to go home.

"Her name is Kim Jiwon. You should be careful too around her. She is very influential, that had to do with her celebrity's status."

"Celebrity."

"She's a Hallyu star, you know. But she still go to high school, I bet this is her last year because high school's too heavy for her. She had to maintain her grade, but she couldn't do it. Not when the demand is this high,"

Ren was silent. He was thinking about the way Kim Jiwon looked at him. It was a glare but she was shocked too. There was a hint of surprise in her eyes when she first laid his eyes on Ren and he kind of caught it for a millisecond before he looked down on the floor.

"Don't worry," Baekho said and patted his right tight. "If anything, we're here." Ren smiled and let out a small sigh.

"I just...didn't want to create trouble. But I think I already did." that was the most that Ren had said and it made Baekho astonished. He thought Ren was still unable to talk his feelings out.

"We're here. Don't worry,"

***

When they arrived home, the other three told them that they're going to a restaurant that they always come by. Baekho immediately agreed to go to, and he would drag Ren together.

It was actually new to Ren to have someone tow him everywhere. There were actually people who wanted him to be around them, to look out for him even though he was being difficult and bitter all the time. He just didn't want to be hurt anymore. He didn't want to be alone but he was scared if he lets anyone in, he would end up hurting himself again.

Baekho asked Ren to get ready and they went to the restaurant ten minutes after they arrived home. The other three already waited for them there with the meals in front of them.

"Guys!" Baekho pulled Ren towards the table absentmindedly. It left Ren wide-eyed. When Ren sat down, he was still shocked. Ren looked at Baekho who grabbed his chopsticks as fast as lightning when he saw the food displayed in front of them. "Thank you for the food!"

Baekho dug in without further ado. JR handed Ren a pair of chopsticks while Minhyun and Aron continued eating and talking about something. Aron was quite enthusiastic today, and Ren noticed there were bruises on his wrist.

"Are you having fun?" a voice came from behind Ren, and the boys looked up.

"Jaejoong-hyung!" Minhyun smiled. Ren turned around to see a very gorgeous man smiling the widest grin at them. His eyes were so big like beads, made his features so likable.

"Oh," and when he noticed Ren, he couldn't help but blushed. This man called Jaejoong was too handsome for his own good. "And who are you? Is he your new friend?"

"His name is Choi Minki. But he prefers it if we call him Ren." Jaejoong lifted his eyebrows and smiled at him. He offered a hand and Ren nervously took it. Jaejoong's hand was warm, as warm as his gaze.

"Did you cook this fried noodle for me, Jaejoong-hyung?" Jaejoong turned to JR and let go of Ren's hand. He nodded.

"Finish it. I don't like it when you waste your food." Jaejoong said and JR nodded.

"How could I not finish your noodle hyung? It's so delicious I want another one!" Jaejoong shook his head.

"I'll come by your house later to bring some kimchi." Jaejoong tapped his fingers on the table. He turned towards Ren and grasped his wrist. Ren was shocked, his mouth gaped open. Jaejoong shook his head. "Omo, you are so thin. I bet you will look better with fat in this cheeks," Jaejoong pinched Ren's cheek and Ren almost screeched out loud but couldn't because he was busy staring at Jaejoong's flawless face. "I will give you more kimchi this time." Jaejoong said before he let go of Ren's hand. Ren was still flabbergasted when Jaejoong returned to the kitchen. He turned to look at Jaejoong. His eyes were still big from watching him.

"People tend to be like that for the first time, though," Baekho suddenly said. Ren quickly turned back at the boys, his face reddened. Baekho grinned at Ren. "People tend to stare at him for too long before they realised they do it."

"He's too pretty for a man." Aron said and smirked at Ren. Ren lowered his head down to his plate. "He's just like a mother, Ren. Don't worry. He'll come to our house always to bring us food."

"He's really beautiful..." Ren murmured, still perplexed by what he'd seen. They continued eating until a tall man came to their table.

"Hey!" again Ren and Baekho had to turned their head to see who's coming.

"Yunho-hyung!" Baekho looked so happy when this person greeted them. Ren blinked twice when the man noticed him too.

"Hi!" he looked happy to see Ren, and Ren nodded.

"Annyeong haseyo," Ren greeted him, still hadn't recovered from meeting Jaejoong before.

"Eat as much as you can," Yunho said.

"Aaaa...do you want to treat us today, Yunho-hyung?" Aron asked, Ren swore he could see the lights in his eyes.

"Aish...no. If I give you extra food again, I better just close my restaurant,"

"Aaah! It's no fun!" Baekho whined.

"But who's this?" Yunho gestured at Ren, and Ren could feel his cheeks warmed up again.

"My name is Choi Minki, but you can call me Ren," Ren introduced himself when he saw not one of the boys felt obliged to do it to him when they heard Yunho wouldn't give free food for them today.

"Nice to meet you, Ren. I'm Jung Yunho. Call me hyung,"

"Yunho-hyung," Ren smiled when he said this. He could feel the warm welcome already within this group that he never gets before.

"Go on. Eat, I'm not going to stop you." Yunho waved at the boys before he headed to the kitchen. The boys continued to savour their meal without much conversation. All of them were hungry and they still have school tomorrow so they couldn't stay out much longer as long as they wanted.

"Say..." Ren suddenly opened his mouth to talk voluntarily, it was new to them. "Why are you guys here? I mean...why do you live in a house together, away from your family? Is it just because of 220?"

"Woah. That was a lot of questions coming from you, Ren!" Aron smirked and put his spoon down. "My parents aren't here. They're in the US,"

"Mine are in Busan. They had given me permission to live here because of the job offer that 220 gave me. Being a high school student is a lot of stress when you had to study 24/7 without any guarantee of what you gonna get," Minhyun said matter-of-factly. Ren admired that about Minhyun, he always seemed cool all the time. Ren looked at JR, who pouted and his hand stirred the noodle a bit harshly.

"My parents wanted me to work with Park Group," he smiled but the smile didn't reach his eyes.

"But, why..."

"My parents and JR parents are friends. So we got along well, we came here together." Baekho suddenly cut in. "My parents were like JR, they wanted me to work with Park Group. Nowadays, people are getting brighter and we had to compete for places in good university. By taking 220's offer, we had secured a good future."

"How did you know about 220? Did someone or..."

"People recruited us." Baekho and JR exchanged glances.

"Someone came to my house and told me about Park Group and 220," Minhyun said.

"I won a maths competition back in US and they recruited me." Aron explained about himself. "My parents were okay with it."

"So..." Ren felt his appetite had died. "...you guys aren't like me at all?"

The boys were shocked, their jaw dropped open and no one dared to say anything.

"It looks like I'm different from you guys from all aspect."

"Ren-ah..." JR was the one who had the gut to talk to Ren. Ren shook his head.

"I understand. Don't worry," but all of them started to concern about how Ren really feels.

A/N here you go the other side of the story! a little bit of Yunho and Jaejoong here and there....more will come i promise!

and those two : Seto Koji is a Japanese actor/singer, he's very  talented and cute too and i love him

Kim Jiwon : she's cute and adorable, kissed Jaejoong(!) and even though i hated her character in What's Up, I adored her in To The Beautiful You! hehe~

thank you for reading this story and supporting this story! i really really appreciate it and i love you guys!