As If You Knew

220

Yoochun sat at the tea table near the glass wall. He sat there since early afternoon. His tea was already cold, untouched. He let his eyes roamed around the nice view of the city. It didn't shine so brightly in the evening like it did at night but Yoochun didn't care about it at all.

He was mourning his lost. It wasn't a death but the incident that made his heart stopped and died.

He could've moved on loving him just the same way as before, but he couldn't. Things would not go the same way again. He was devastated when the memory came back again.

And now, he had shivers just to think about it. What was inside his father's head when he took the twins in? What was his true intention? Did he ignore the facts of what the twins had done?

Who was crueller? The twins or his own father?

Yoochun clenched his fists and absentmindedly he hit his own thigh while he stared out the glass wall.

Junsu...Junsu...how in the first place I could fall in love with you?

It brought him a physical pain.

How could he forget? Who made him forget?

***

Yunho almost screamed when the eggs he was trying to fry fall off the table kitchen after he had washed it. He groaned under his breath. His head was hurting.

And he was hungry.

He missed Jaejoong, too.

Jaejoong didn't call him and all his calls went straight to voicemail. He went to Jaejoong's apartment a few times and every trip brought a new wave of disappointment to him. Jaejoong was never there. He had disappeared into the thin air.

Yunho cleaned the mess that he made on the floor. Somehow the smell irked him even more but he would gain nothing if he spent his energy mad at something. He stood up and sat on the stool.

He stared absentmindedly at the frying pan while he was cooking his own breakfast. It hadn't even been a week but he felt so lonely. He was away, being deserted by his own boyfriend who chose a much more superior to him. It hurts his ego, of course seeing that he was the one who picked Junsu up when his everything scattered on the ground.

But he couldn't stay mad for long at Junsu. After all, he was the love of his life even if Junsu didn't feel the same way. He was sure Junsu was his until...

Yunho wasn't so sure. Somehow he just slipped away.

He flipped open his phone. There was a picture of Junsu kissing him.

Where is Junsu?

Why wasn't he here when they obviously need each other?

***

Ren hugged his knees. They were still alone, both of them still in the same old room. He stinks so much he started to hate himself. He would very much like to keep clean but it was impossible to do so in this setting. But it was fortunate due to the fact that he's not always sweating due to the temperature of the room.

"They are moving." Suddenly Junho said. "They're leaving us."

"What?" Ren turned to Junho, his face puzzled. "You can hear them?"

"I can hear their thoughts. It's loud. Clear." Junho shifted in his position and closed his eyes, like he was concentrating to doing what he does best, eavesdropping into people's mind.

"Will they separate you and me?" that was one biggest fear of Ren in this moment.

"I..." Junho shook his head. There wasn't any plan and their voices jumbled up. They were on their way to come to their cell. Junho opened his eyes and abruptly took Ren's hand in his.

The door was opened from outside. Junho held tighter to Ren.

"We're transferring you out." the tallest guy in the group, Ren remembered him as Seunghyun, said. He looked calm, confident. There was that one person who was responsible to capture him in school. He didn't get to know the name.

"Where are you taking us?" Junho asked back. There was a hint of fear even if he looked at Seunghyun straight in the eyes.

"Somewhere."

"Somewhere as in?"

"You don't need to know. You're under our care now." the shorter one scorned, as if he was very disgusted with Junho. Junho however had mutual feelings too about him. "The boy will come with us. And you, Kim Junho..."

"I'm not letting go." Junho bickered.

"Huh!" he grimaced and sniggered. "Trying to act noble? You're nothing, Junho. Do you even know why you're here? If not for crippling Park Group that you loved so much, you are useless. What's that inside your head that you're willing to sacrifice?"

Junho didn't answer.

"Fine. Idiots will stay as idiots." he rolled his eyes. "I don't know why they hadn't decided to kill you guys yet. It's not that we could convince you guys to convert. We don't have what Jung Yunho could do." he tsked.

"Please don't separate us." Junho knelt down, which brought surprise to Ren. The others' reactions were superficial as if they were trained to look stoic like that.

"Hyung..."

Ren stared at them.

Why did Junho beg? He could easily kill them all with a stare but...

Suddenly the shorter man looked at him. Ren turned away quickly.

"What was inside my mind, Junho?" he asked nonchalantly. Ren shut his eyes tight.

Junho took a deep breathe.

"What was it, Junho?"

Junho held on to Ren's hand. But he didn't say a word.

"Or do you want me to say it out loud?"

"Don't, please..."

"You should."

"Motherfu..."

"Uh-uh-uh..." he laughed. Even Seunghyun smirked. "Swearing is not the answer. But yeah...I would like to know if what I've been thinking..."

Still, Junho refused to give in. But Ren could see that he was in pain just hearing what was inside their heads.

"Maybe that's why they put you in that asylum. To prevent you from becoming crazy, hmm?"

"Shut up."

"Because just being there is not enough..."

"I said shut up."

"What a rude little fellow." he scoffed. "Come on, then."

Seunghyun stepped forward and snapped his finger. In a blink of an eye, Ren fell asleep and down to the floor. Junho couldn't move. The man smirked and left.

***

Jaejoong pressed the play button once again.

'Jaejoong-ah...I'm sorry for what I did. I could never justify for what I've done. I was confused. Yeah...' there was a nervous chuckle. 'I was stupid. I was afraid because these feelings started to fade away. I want to relive it again by kissing him, but when I did, I realised who it that I am in love with is. Jaejoong-ah...I love you. I know that now.' the voice stopped. 'Please come back. I love you.'

Jaejoong closed his eyes. His tears had dried. There was hundreds of them, the voice mails but he kept this one. It was from Changmin. He recorded it, listened to it over and over again. He tried to detect the lie but how could he? He was hurt and he was still hurting. Changmin could never understand.

But he couldn't deny the fact that the voicemail made his heart flutter, more than it should indeed.

He didn't reply to it, though.

He pulled a cigarette that was on the table. He had been abstaining himself from smoking but recently he just gave in. The amount of liquor he consumed could last for another lifetime since the incident. He snapped his fingers to light the cigarette. He took a drag, held the fatal smoke in for a moment, and blew it off. He closed his eyes, imagined Changmin in the earlier days of their meeting. His words seemed so genuine, like he was crazy about him just like how he was in love with him.

Jaejoong played the voicemail again. Changmin's voice was still the same, and he was listening to the same recording like a broken record. He took a deep drag, blew it into the air.

"Such bastard." he murmured before he chuckled to himself. "I'm going to wipe you out."

***

"It's freakish." Seunghyun shook his head. Jiyong smirked as he poured the beer into his glass and chugged it down in one go. "Why didn't they announce it yet?"

"He's waiting for the right time."

"Who?" Seunghyun took a seat and pulled out a smoke.

"The Leader." Seunghyun lit it and took a drag. Jiyong poured another shot of beer. "He likes to observe," Seunghyun nodded. "Maybe he was just waiting for Park Shin Geun,"

"He's the dangerous one, that Park Shin Geun." Jiyong tapped his finger on the glass. He watched the liquid rippled. "The Leader wants Park Shin Geun dead after the other."

"Don't you think something is wrong, hm?" Seunghyun inhaled the deadly smoke. "The way they just let us idly keep the most precious gem in their care."

"That's what I thought too." Jiyong muttered. "I could never decipher his mind even if I have the same ability as him."

Seunghyun gave out a sly smile. Jiyong has the ability to quickly know people who are special, people who are like them in just one glance.

"Are you jealous?" Seunghyun cocked a brow. Jiyong scoffed before he poured more beer to his glass.

"Jealous is my middle name." Jiyong pursed his lips. "I just need to know." Jiyong held the glass tightly as if he wants to break it by merely holding on to it. "I want to. Why? Why didn't they do anything? I want Park Shin Geun himself to act and not his scruffy bastard."

"It's too early, don't you think?" Jiyong turned abruptly to Seunghyun. "Don't assume. Assumption is not good."

"Then put a test on it. Experiment." Jiyong stated, his tone infuriated.

"The Leader said no more experiment." Seunghyun was calmer, he put out the cigarette and took a sip from Jiyong's glass. Jiyong rolled his eyes.

"So much for waiting. One of us has to put some effort. Either it's Park Shin Geun or us."

"Don't be rash, Jiyong." Seunghyun shook his head. "We can't do anything by the way."

"Bull." Jiyong swore under his breath. He was tired. He was tired of waiting.

"Swear in front of the blonde kid and look at him flinch."

"He could ing kill us with one look. It's a wonder he's scared of us." Jiyong rubbed his eyes. "It's a wonder we are still alive."

"I wouldn't be that thankful, though." Jiyong stared at Seunghyun. He poured another glass and wanted to chug it down but Seunghyun stopped him.

"Stop drinking."

"You can't stop me." Jiyong said grudgingly as if not drinking would take his own life.

"Jiyong-ah...you're not yourself. You practically listened to what Kim Junho asked. You didn't separate both of them."

"You don't understand, hyung." Jiyong drank another shot. He put down his glass harshly. "If he's not with Kim Junho, that bastard will kill us."

"He can't kill us. We are with Seunghyun-nie."

"True. But actually whoever sits beside Kim Junho would get their power lowered down. That's how Park Shin Geun utilises him. That's how..."

"You're jealous." Jiyong sulked, but he didn't reply. "Stop it. It's not cute anymore,"

"Shut up." Jiyong hushed him. Seunghyun gazed at him, there was quite a tension starting to rise between both of them. Jiyong turned the other cheek; it was hard to watch Seunghyun now. Seunghyun sighed, it's hard to get through Jiyong now after his wedding. It's always hard to get along without fighting these days.

And it's making both of them not as close as before. Jiyong gritted his teeth. A surge of fury came over Jiyong and he stood up.

"Jiyong."

"Don't talk. As if you know what's going on." Jiyong left, making Seunghyun as confused.

A/N sorry for the short and delayed update. i am very confused with this story, and i gathered that i actually needs to put some happy stuffs in here due to the mere angst and confusion that were always in my story.it will come soon, but you will be more confused by it, but anyway...

aaahhh...thank you for reading. i don't even know what i was saying because it's too late in the night and it's been a while since i wrote.

please do tell me if there's any discrepancy or incontinuity in my story. thank you very much.

i love you guys.