Myths and Legends

220

Junsu and Hyukjae crept out of the car. Junsu was the driver because he was the one who suggested the both of them to go to the countryside together. Hyukjae agreed immediately and because he was boss' favourite, he could get a day off easily.

They went inside the institution and asked to meet Song Joongki, a psychiatrist who worked there. The psychiatrist had been serving there since Junsu first stepped his feet inside the institution.

"It's been a while." Joongki approached them, a wide honest smile lingered on his lips. Junsu returned the smile and when they became close enough, the secretary flung his arms around Joongki.

"It's been a while indeed." Joongki hugged him back, his eyes closed.

"Are you here because of him?" Joongki released Junsu and proceeded to embrace Hyukjae.

"I miss him." Junsu said. Joongki put a hand behind Junsu's shoulder.

"I know you do. He told me you're going to visit him today. So, actually...yeah, he's been expecting you." Junsu's eyes bore wide for a moment before he chuckled lightly to himself.

"I underestimated him again. Of course he did," Junsu exchanged glances with Hyukjae. Both of them followed Joongki strutting through two blocks of building before they arrived at the last building which was single-floored. Junsu's smile widened and he could hear his heart thumping. He watched Joongki said something to the guardian of the building. Junsu took this chance to take everything in, from the appearance of a very plain looking building with very plain paint work and the landscape around it. Hyukjae patted the back of his hand, knowing too well the anxiety that his friend was experiencing. Junsu inhaled deeply just to calm himself down when Joongki granted the permission to enter the building.

Junsu and Hyukjae were walking side by side through the corridor as they tailed Joongki. Joongki walked with an air of confidence and friendliness that almost every medical attendant greets him first. Joongki always had that smile on his face, his eyes always wrinkled because of the smile he wore.

They arrived at the end of the building. Joongki turned around and brought out a bunch of keys. He unlocked a big wooden door.

"He knew you're here." Joongki said. Junsu couldn't help but let out a small laugh.

"News spread fast," Hyukjae laughed too.

When the door opened, there was only a table and a chair which someone was sitting on it. Junsu nearly dropped down to his knees when the man looked up. His identical eyes staring back at him. Junsu lurched forward as the man stood and opened his arms.

"Hyung!" he cried out in joy. There were tears starting to form at the corner of his eyes, his face felt hot.

"I miss you too, Junsu-yah."

***

Changmin looked at his watch for the third time. He had been waiting for ten minutes now. He had been nervous and now he was restless.

He was wearing a vest, just like how Jaejoong asked him to. It was starting to become hot; the weather broadcast said it would be fine sunny day today. He ed the top one, and fanned himself with a pamphlet someone just gave him.

He should buy an umbrella, or a hat to cover his head from the sun. It would be scorching hot in the next two hours, and they would be spending time at an amusement park.

Changmin smiled to himself. When was the last time he went to an amusement park? It's a good thing Jaejoong was so flustered when he called him that night to ask him out. He agreed as quickly as he proposed that both of them just tongue-tied afterwards. Jaejoong then suggested for them to meet here, just like young couples.

"Changmin!" he looked up from the ground. His heart dropped down to the ground when he laid his eyes on the man that only just arrived. He wore a bright red shirt with a pale pink cardigan that somehow looked quite good on his milky fair skin. He wore a straw coloured fedora, almost covering his eyes.

He was drop dead gorgeous.

And now Changmin had to worry about his heart that was on the ground.

He approached Changmin. His face blushed violently when Changmin didn't blink and his jaw couldn't be closed.

"Stop staring at me," Jaejoong said while playfully hitting Changmin on his forearm. Changmin grinned.

"You look..." Changmin had to take everything in. He was wondering if the one before him was a real human. "...stunning." Jaejoong laughed lightly. His face blushed more and Changmin could see the twinkles in his eyes. Indeed, he was pleased.

"Oh, stop it you."

"Have I died and gone to heaven?" Changmin didn't mean to be cheesy but that was what inside his head. Jaejoong smiled wider. He hooked his arm around Changmin's arm.

"Let's go."

"Wait." Changmin pulled away, instantly killing Jaejoong's smile. Changmin pulled his fedora, and strains of hair fell and covered his eyes. Changmin stared down at the man before him. "I'm not done yet. Oh God, what did I do to get you?" he mumbled. Jaejoong laughed again and hit Changmin's chest.

"Go away!"

Changmin chuckled and put the fedora back on Jaejoong's head. Jaejoong blinked.

"Let's go." this time Changmin took Jaejoong's hand in his and led him inside.

***

Junsu sat beside Junho, his twin brother on the long bench outside the building. Hyukjae had followed Joongki so that both of them could have their own sweet time together.

Junsu turned aside and watched Junho. He stared at him, and his identical twin gazed at him back. Junho was the stronger twin, the one taller and had the masculine aura. He was even a straight guy but he always supported Junsu's choice.

"Are you reading me?" Junsu asked. Junho smiled and he touched the bruise on Junsu's cheek with his index finger. Junsu held Junho's hand.

"I'm better than you." Junho teased. "I don't want him to hurt you again." Junsu was silent. He closed his eyes and sighed silently. "Don't make him think you're easy."

"I'm not."

"Yes. You're not confident you can win his heart again," Junsu covered his face with both palms and he leaned on Junho's shoulder. "Don't be." Junho pulled him closer. "I may be able to read your mind but I can't know your heart. Right now, Yunho taunted you, made you scared to be who you wanted to be."

"He's..." Junsu burst into tears. "I don't know...things between me and him are so complicated."

"But don't make things hard for you. You're bottling everything. You can't keep doing it." Junsu kept on crying.

"I don't have anyone. You're not there. I can't..." Junho Junsu's hair and kissed the top of his head. "I don't know what to do. I'm lost without you, hyung. Come back with me to Seoul, please." both of them stared into each other again. Junho bit his lower lip. His thumbs were and caressing Junsu's cheeks.

"You know I can't do that. I'll relapse again." Junsu sat straight up. He wiped his tears with the back of his hands, looking messy and dejected.

"I know. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have. It's my heart talking." he choked on his tears. "I miss you, hyung. How long are you going to stay here? I don't have anyone but you."

"No." Junho said, calmly which at first brought a shock to Junsu but then the younger man calmed down. "...but me? Junsu, you have Yoochun. He's the one who stayed through thick and thin with you. All this while, he was the one in your head and not Yunho."

***

The weather was exceptionally hot today. Changmin had to buy several drinks for Jaejoong who seemingly couldn't stand the hot weather. His face blushed and if Changmin had to say it, burned quite easily as they played the games at the amusement park. Jaejoong however tried to remain calm even though Changmin clearly could see the smaller man was quite uncomfortable under the scorching sun.

They were sitting at a small hut provided for the visitors, sipping cold watermelon juice they bought from a nearby booth. Changmin watched Jaejoong while the said man texted someone with his phone. He was still mesmerised by how beautiful the man before him was. Even when his face was sunburned, for Changmin he still had the glow. His eyes glistened like two beads, and his lips were plump and pink.

He wondered what it feels like kissing those sinful lips.

He blushed when he found himself thinking something inappropriate even if it was actually okay for his age. He had been single since like forever. It was all his fault for chasing after Junsu even if he knew he stood no chance.

"What are you looking at?" Jaejoong's voice snapped him back to real world.

"Uh...nothing. Just...admiring your beauty,"

"Don't call me that." Jaejoong laughed heartily, Changmin grinned sheepishly. "Call me handsome."

"Bossy, ey?" Jaejoong laughed again; it felt like music to Changmin's ears. Changmin reached out and touched Jaejoong's hand. It was unexpectedly hot. "Woah, are you having a fever?" his hand darted to Jaejoong's forehead, feeling his temperature there. "You're really...hot!"

"I'm always like this." he beamed when he brought down Changmin's hand back to the table. Changmin blinked. "My temperature is a tad higher than everyone else,"

"But, but..."

"It's hereditary." Jaejoong grasped Changmin's hand, squeezing it and the director could feel his hand warmed up. He looked down and saw Jaejoong's hand was kind of emitting a white light. His eyes grew big.

"What..."

"It's magic." Jaejoong whispered and chuckled gaily.

"Silly." Changmin muttered under his breath and laughed together with Jaejoong.

"I wish I can always be together with you." Jaejoong said.

"You can count on me," Changmin held Jaejoong's hand back and kissed it. Jaejoong blinked, his eyes widened and he looked really flustered.

"Can we go somewhere else after this?"

"Sure." Changmin grinned. "Where to?"

"A spa that I always frequent. It's near here."

"Um...okay,"

They spent the next four hours trying every game there was at the amusement park. Changmin didn't know Jaejoong could be that energetic because he seemed like a very fragile person and with the hot weather he was worn out. However Jaejoong stayed happy and cheerful throughout their date.

He was a brave person too. When they went inside the haunted house, even if he clung dearly to Changmin, he would laugh whenever the monsters appeared and never once did he screamed in terror. Changmin himself was a bit startled when the monsters came out but he had to keep his cool. Furthermore he was supposed to be the manly one.

To fulfil his promise for Jaejoong, they went to the spa but only after Changmin had brought Jaejoong to eat at a restaurant. Jaejoong ate only a little bit meanwhile Changmin ate three times of his portion.

"You have such a big appetite." Jaejoong teased. He looked a lot more comfortable when they were in a closed restaurant with air conditioner.

"I can eat you if you like." Jaejoong giggled and slapped Changmin's hand.

"If you want to eat me, we can do it in private and not here..." Jaejoong leaned in and whispered seductively. Changmin looked down at Jaejoong nervously. He didn't want to be here in this restaurant. It would be bad for his reputation. It would be bad for this relationship.

Fortunately Jaejoong stopped at that. He smiled slyly like he knew what was playing inside Changmin's mind. He trailed his finger on Changmin's forearm and pulled his hand back.

When Changmin finally finished his meal, they walked side by side to the spa that was nearby. Changmin had asked his butler to come and pick his car up because apparently Jaejoong would be spending some more time with him. He didn't want to pass that up.

 

"Isn't it great to be here?" Jaejoong and Changmin leaned on the wall at a corner. Jaejoong leaned on Changmin's arm snugly. "You smelled so nice. I want to fall asleep smelling you."

"Well, you can." Changmin smirked. He started having naughty thoughts about the man in his arm. "Do you know who I am?"

"I don't. Care to tell me?" Jaejoong ran his fingers playfully on Changmin's broad chest which made the director's little Minnie twitched a bit.

"I want to know why you like it here."

"In here?"

"The spa. Yes."

"It's cool in here, if you wear the right outfit. It has walls, and people." Jaejoong grasped Changmin's hand and rubbed it sensually. "I like people a lot. But I like you more."

"You're going too fast."

"Am I?" Jaejoong cackled. "I wished you didn't think of me that way. I know you must be thinking that I was someone who couldn't control my behaviour..."

"No. I never think of it that way." Changmin shook his head. "I think of you as adorable, Jaejoong." he didn't mean to sound cheesy but the damage had been done. Jaejoong beamed, his face turned red.

"I'm happy that I'm with you." Changmin smiled.

He too was happy he made that call.

AN hello everyone! i'm sorry for the long disappearance of me...it's been so chaotic, i had started working and the workload was just so INCREDIBLE. i couldn't even sit and take a deep breath for these past two weeks. but now that i'm back thank you for staying with me!

please give me support! *bows down*