Fix A Soul

220

Yoochun clenched his fist absentmindedly when he noticed the vacancy in Junsu's place when he came to work that morning. He could still remember every bit and words that were typed upon the mere piece of paper.

He resigned.

He freaking resigned, signed the paper and just left the company.

Yoochun warped his face with both his palms. He felt empty inside but no way in hell would he return back to where he supposed he belonged to.

Well, he supposed to not actually think about where the hell had Junsu gone to. He had to think about the solution of Ren's disappearance. They only returned Junho, well, in a very bad way and didn't contact them at all for further orders. He was absolutely sure Ren was with the other side, which he had no idea who. He didn't know who was behind this entire confusing scheme, he didn't know his enemy but they were willing to screw the company.

Yoochun had tried to assign a new secretary, and he somehow had a talk with Ahin to find someone preferable to replace Junsu. In the end, Yoochun didn't think he would want anyone else.

He had been so used to Junsu's presence by his side that he felt it awkward to find someone else.

But he supposed to hate Junsu for what he did.

But did he? Really?

***

Heechul scratched the back of his head when he woke up, startled by the sound of the bell of his house. He looked at himself and scowled to see the hideous nature of his hair. He tried to straighten it down with his hand but to no avail. He sighed and slowly and lazily picked himself up from his bed.

The bell rang again, irritating the detective. He put on a simple shirt before he opened the door.

There was Yoochun in front of him.

He almost choked by his own saliva.

"Do you have time?" the director asked.

"Uh...of course." Heechul grinned sheepishly. "Come on in."

Yoochun sat down on a humble sofa, which made Heechul embarrassed of himself.

"Do you want anything?" Heechul asked, even though he knew Yoochun wouldn't request anything.

"No, but thank you." there was a moment of silent, as Heechul sat down and served plain water, just to celebrate the guest. Yoochun looked down upon the glass and took a deep breathe.

"Did you have a good recovery?"

"Oh?" Heechul glanced at his feet. The wound was still there but he's coping. It's not like he stopped working. Somehow there was somebody who kept transmitting money to him when he was still in pain during ambulating.

When Yoochun appeared in front of him today, he knew it was Yoochun who sent him the regular money.

There was a large frown on his face, and he looked even gloomier than when he first asked him for help.

"Did you hear the news?" Yoochun asked. His voice was clear in spite of the sorrow.

"About?" he was basically living in a hole since the incident.

"Here." Yoochun brought out his tablet and showed Heechul a news article. There was a picture of Ren as the highlight of the story. "Did you know about my company well?"

"I wouldn't say I didn't know anything." he did dig up some dirt actually but he wouldn't tell it frankly.

He read the main headline.

'Teenage boy a new scandal from Park Group?'

Heechul glanced at Yoochun who kept his stoic face. He went back to read the rest of the article.

'We could barely see the interior side of the weaponry corporate company, Park Group even as an adult. Park Group is well-known for its secrecy, upholding the secrets of the country's military information. But how did the boy of 17 years old could easily enter and interact with the director of the huge company?'

Heechul tilted his head, his eyes widened.

Yoochun shrugged.

"A bastard reporter made an article about Ren, and it's been two weeks since his disappearance." Yoochun stated. He leaned on the sofa and brought out a pack of cigarettes from his pocket. "Do you mind? There's a lot I need to tell you."

"No." Heechul clumsily reached out for his lighter in the drawer and lit Yoochun's cigarette. He watched Yoochun took a drag, and blew it out. He looked distressed.

"I could do this only when he's not around." Yoochun mumbled. "And it's been many days now."

"What's the purpose of you here?"

"Did you know about Ren? Or any of the kids?"

He read it but he didn't understand a thing.

"What the article spread wasn't true. But he said that he got the interview from Ren, the one in the main picture. His real name is Choi Minki, he was under Park Group scholar ship. We had been giving scholarships and trainings to special kids like him." Yoochun offered Heechul a smoke but the detective politely refused.

"You consented of him giving interviews?" for all he knows, Yoochun was never one to do that. Yoochun shook his head.

"The reporter claimed he did the interview two days ago." Heechul pushed the ashtray in front of Yoochun. "Ren had been missing since two weeks ago."

Heechul blinked. He ingested the information, and looked at Yoochun again.

"We lost him, and suddenly he came out giving interviews about my company."

"They..."

"The newspaper company is trying to label me as a e." Yoochun's voice was firm as if he wasn't scared at all. "They tried to push me to the limits so that they could bring my company down."

"Who wants to do that?"

"It's my enemy. But I didn't know who, I'm searching for them. They succeeded in making me fire my own secretary, and lost my conscience."

"It sounds bad."

"Very."

"What about this kid? Choi Min-ki, I recalled?"

"He produced the statement. In my company there was an organisation named 220, which involved young kids, teenagers as young as Ren."

"220," Heechul repeated the name. "Ah,"

"If you read about my company, you must have heard about it,"

"I stumbled upon it." Heechul realised he had crossed the line. "I mean..."

"Well, you're a detective, you should be curious to whatever secrets my company's holding. So I figured even if I asked you to stop being nosey, you wouldn't do it."

Heechul had nothing to say to it.

"And I know I'm right."

"Yes, you are. But what's the purpose of the kids, if..."

"If I tell you, will you stay by my side?"

Heechul was appalled.

"You want me to..."

"I want you to investigate something for me."

"Now we're talking." Heechul clasped both his palms together. "What do you want me to do this time?"

"Investigate someone." Yoochun put a picture on Heechul's table. Heechul took it, his brows rose when he recognised the person in the picture.

"Why?"

"I know nothing about him." Yoochun looked determined. "Find everything about Shim Changmin. Find out about Shim Bongdal, his late grandfather."

"Why do you want to know about him now? Did the collaboration go down the drain?"

"No." Yoochun shook his head and jabbed the smoke to the ashtray. "Turned out, it worked better than I thought."

***

Changmin took a deep breathe when he finally finished reading his grandfather's will. He had been putting aside reading the whole of it because he wasn't ready. He couldn't accept the fact that his beloved grandfather had gone and left him alone. He thought he could cope with the loss, but he kept running away from it. He refused to talk about his feelings about it, even with Junsu. But he knew Junsu knew how he really felt even though he said no words at all.

Two weeks working together with Yoochun brought him to a new paradigm. He stopped worrying from being too responsible or too serious in his job. He stopped looking into small matters that bothered him a lot when his grandfather suddenly left him.

It might be because he had not seen Junsu by Yoochun's side. The truth be told, he was glad Junsu was fired even though at first he was devastated and angry. But it's for the best, Junsu had told him when he asked him. He remembered too that Junsu did call him the day he was sacked even though he was silent about it.

He was relieved to be the one person that Junsu turned to.

Changmin grabbed the carrot stick in the glass at the edge of the table and nibbled at it. He reread a sentence in the will. He understood everything, knew what was bestowed to him and whatnot but not this sentence that was on the second last page of the will.

'Be good to power. Power is disturbance in a body not strong enough to contain it. Power is supposed to be hold gently and not force it to act out. Be good to power, the only thing that could control it.'

He speculated that the will was something related to the AI technology that Park Group pioneered in their country. But he couldn't be sure.

He wasn't sure what he really wanted instead.

Two weeks ago, he thought he just saw someone who miraculously similar to his grandfather. He chased after the suspicious person but he lost him right when he found him. His eyes were playing games with him but he refused to play along.

He went back to his grandfather's memorial after that. He scanned through everything, he even tried to recall the day he knew his grandfather passed away even though it was hurting him so much. He reread every document that Shim Bong Dal ever planned on, every detail that he needed to prove to himself that he wasn't seeing a dead man walking.

He even doubted his sanity. Furthermore he doubted his logics more than ever now.

He stood up and walked to the garden of his house. As soon as he stepped his foot on the grass he could hear a faint sound of a camera click. He turned to see if there's someone near him. As far as he knew, his staffs wouldn't want to take pictures of him.

"Who is it?" Changmin cried out. He walked to the gate, elongated his neck but he saw no one. He was sure someone took his picture. He had been stalked before when he first started as a director and he could feel the aura. "You better come out now!"

Of course, there would only be silence.

"Hello?!" Changmin closed his eyes, tried to focus his sense to listen to anything that's moving. But he could hear nothing.

Changmin ran inside his house again. What the hell? He couldn't live in peace like this. Who could be possibly interested in him anymore?

***

Junsu smiled at Hyukjae when their eyes met at the bar that night. Junsu's mood was good tonight, his smile looked even more convincing than other nights. He had been working in the same bar as Hyukjae since he was sacked from Yoochun's company.

Something happened two weeks ago after Yunho left the house. Yunho just left, and didn't seem to bother the smaller man like he used to. Junsu looked happier and livelier.

Hyukjae couldn't figure out what happened. He knew Junsu well, so he wouldn't ask further.

But he was happy to see Junsu returned to his bubbly self after he started working as a host here, like him. He was shy at first, but he adapted well. He learned from Hyukjae on how to work as a host and he even got a fan on his day two working. He was still shy, according to Hyukjae but he'll live.

"Enjoying your life?" Hyukjae hooked his arm around Junsu. Junsu only smiled.

"I wish I'm as happy as you."

"You can if you let yourself be happy. But you won't." Junsu said nothing. "Come on. Have some fun. Your brother is recovering. He'll be back with you in no time."

"I know. It's only that I'm a rookie in this business. I still don't know what to do."

"You'll get a grip. Don't worry. Once you're all set up, you'll enjoy this work more than ever."

"Thank you."

"Your welcome. Just..." Hyukjae patted Junsu's cheek affectionately. "Take your time. Your soul needs it. Time will fix your soul."

***

Jaejoong entered the room without caring about the security guard who was trying to stop him. He would meet him in whatever circumstances. He had done his portion of waiting and listening over and over his explanations.

"Sir, I tried to..." Changmin looked up from his table when he heard the commotion on the door. His heart dropped to the pit of his stomach when he saw the face that he missed the most.

He remembered the endless phone calls that left unanswered and voice mails that he shamelessly left on his phone.

"Let him go." Changmin stood up, he wanted to smile like a fool but he had to refrain himself. "Leave us."

The bodyguard hesitantly left and closed the door behind him. Changmin watched the man who currently was hugging himself. He looked even more fragile than he ever was. His cheeks become hollowed and the eye bags were even more obvious.

"Hi." Changmin smiled wider. He walked to the smaller man and without waiting for any cheesier approach he leaned down and sealed his lips onto his.

"I miss you, Jaejoong. How could you leave me without learning my explanation?" Changmin held Jaejoong's face tight. The kiss was getting rougher by the minute because of Changmin's desperation. He pulled Jaejoong, his hands touched and roamed around his lean body. He could taste Jaejoong and he was sweet. Jaejoong's little moan made his little Minnie twitched. He was eager to take Jaejoong. He was close to edge.

"Ah..." Jaejoong pulled away to take a deep breathe. Changmin grabbed him and shoved him to the couch. He climbed on top of Jaejoong, his hand expertly cradled Jaejoong's hip. Jaejoong was as aggressive as Changmin, he clung onto Changmin's neck leaving love bites and soft nibbles to his ear.

"Are you sure you're really here?" Changmin whispered breathlessly.

"Yes." Jaejoong kissed Changmin eagerly. "Take me."

"Why do you appear today?"

"Take me now. Talk later," Jaejoong ed Changmin's shirt and pulled it off expertly. He kissed Changmin's broad chest, which in turned making the younger man hissed in pleasure. He pulled off Jaejoong's pants and smirked when he saw the skin underneath it.

"You're beautiful."

"Shut up and kiss me." Changmin giggled and obliged.

A/N Yes...hey at least Changmin is happyyyyy

and yeah, this Saturday is my wedding hahaha and my fiance still didn't know I wrote gay fanfics