Of Turning Around the World

220

Changmin stepped inside the Dome and was in awe of what was inside. It was the first time ever he could step his feet inside the legendary Dome. It was a place that only staffs of Park Group could enter. They had security system that was so strict that there were rumours even a fly couldn't pass through. Yoochun's father Park Shin Geun was the one who built the security system for the Dome. It was so sophisticated that made Park Group as prominent now since. It was Park Shin Geun's idea and the whole world was awed by the building. However no one could really enter the building.

And now Changmin was inside it and it felt very alien to him. Changmin inhaled deeply when he looked at the ceiling. It seemed so huge and, confusing at least to him.

"You should try to close your mouth." Yoochun's voice made Changmin turned and then he noticed it was true his mouth gaped open. It was such a relief that he didn't drool.

"It felt different." Changmin blurted out.

"It is different." Yoochun retorted, and the taller man rolled his eyes. Yoochun guided him to a closed door after countless doors before. "The project is based here." the door opened and the two of them stepped inside a moderate size room of what seemed like an ordinary office. Changmin looked at the right wall, and there were electronic charts that strike Changmin as odd. Changmin didn't say anything. Yoochun walked to the table that was located in the middle of the room and Changmin followed. There was a touch screen monitor.

"Here." Yoochun said. Changmin looked at Yoochun, trying to guess what the project actually was but failed. Since the last meeting, Changmin had been wondering about it.

"What?"

"We are doing an artificial intelligence project. We are basing this project on the ability of extraordinary human,"

"What do you mean extraordinary?" Changmin could feel something fishy. He eyed Yoochun cautiously.

"Extraordinary as in very special. Human with special abilities."

"Abilities?"

"Yes." Yoochun's eyes fixed on him, waiting patiently for Changmin to respond. He too was cautious, as if when he spoke the wrong thing it could kill someone.

"What ability?" Yoochun blinked once and looked away.

"Didn't you see everyone around you since you came here?" Changmin felt chills creeping up from his back. He did feel something weird when he entered the building but he brushed it off because he thought it was only natural to feel that when you're in a rival's nest.

"Special ability?"

"We recruited people with powers, Shim Changmin. We use their power to continue with our artificial intelligence project. But the people that we recruited didn't know about this. And we don't plan to."

"You're leeching from their powers?" Changmin shook his head. "I can't believe I'll believe your bull..."

"One of the most important sources had been kidnapped," Yoochun quickly cut him off.

"I don't understand this at all. I can't understand a thing that you had been saying." Changmin said, looking around and seemed as stern as ever.

"What-"

"What is all this? What is all this power? This entire secret? What are you trying to show me? What is our significant in this collaboration?"

"One." Yoochun held up one finger in the air. "Power. Two." he held out another finger. "A new kind of technology that I too only recently knew. I told you before, artificial intelligence." Changmin's face gave a tell-tale that Yoochun felt the need to explain more. "The world might not need real weapon one day. We might fight using imaginary weapon from now, we might fight with online resources and we can also create a new kind of weapon that would surely bring a new perspective in our industry."

"This...? A new weapon?"

"It might not look like it right now." Yoochun pushed a button. The screen on Changmin's left side suddenly was brought to life. It showed a figure of a green tube and a red tube. "One of them is containing energy that would empower these guys," another screen came alive and there were lots of androids, human-like robots. Changmin could literally hear his heart sinking into his stomach. "The powers came from these special individuals that my father and your grandfather had gathered. The green one was the energy that came from them. The red tube was from two people only, which counteracts the powers in the green tube. The red tube was more crucial due to its function to stabilise the androids, more than the green powers that could only give the source of power."

"But I thought...you said that the energy was only from two people?"

"I thought so too. My father quickly corrected me. The two persons that were the most important were the source of the stabilisers and the others were just giving out their energy without stable elements. Their powers are much stronger than the two said persons, but we also need stable ones."

Changmin almost wanted to laugh at himself. It was too much for his heart to take, and it boggled his mind.

"Did they know that you took their energy for this?"

"They wouldn't want to know that their energy was used for something human-like. It was more like defying God himself. But trust me..."

"This is insane!"

"Our ancestors started this, Changmin. Don't argue with me."

"But...do we need all this?" Changmin pointed at the human-like robot's figure. "Do we need to go this far? How...my God. What if this project backfired? Don't you think the robots would started to harm us back just like how the conventional war did to us?"

"We are the pioneers in this, Changmin. Don't deny that. I argued with my father because I don't understand the purpose to lead this technology, but you know what he said to me?"

"What?"

"Learn to grow up and move forward."

Changmin was dumbfounded. He stared at Yoochun who wouldn't back down from his own opinion.

"." Changmin muttered under his breath grudgingly. However he didn't say anything at all afterwards.

***

Shim Changmin's POV

I'm flabbergasted by what I just saw. The portfolio that I had read really blew my mind. I never thought I would read something like this, or even Yoochun letting me know something that could basically ruin his company if I reveal everything.

But he entrusted everything to me as if I was his own business partner for a very long time already. We were working together due to our parents. His father and my grandfather.

I followed him to his office. I wondered how many office he had because as far as I know, the Dome wasn't the Headquarters of Park Group. It's an important building but the headquarters played a bigger role.

I felt humbled and yet threatened when I was in the Dome. As advanced as my company was, it could never be compared to how Park Group had become. Even though I would never admit it out loud, their company actually brought a whole lot of success to South Korea compared to what my company had contributed. They were more innovative and by far, they led us.

Yoochun glanced at me when I didn't say anything. I was still holding the portfolio that he handed me, unable to say anything. His lips twitched as if he wanted to smile.

"What?" I asked.

"I always wanted to ask you this question." he said, and his eyes went straight to mine.

"Hmm?" I gave the utmost benign response that I could elicit.

"You were once schoolmates with Junsu?"

"Yes." his question puzzled me.

"Did he acknowledge you then?" what kind of question was that? I gave him a wondering look. "Junsu is someone who is very secretive about himself."

"What are you implying?"

"Do you know him? Do you really know him?"

"I don't want to talk about this. It's getting old."

"Like I really want to talk about it. Blame my curiousity."

" your curiousity." he cringed, maybe because I swore. He stayed silent for a while.

"I just want to protect him."

"Am I a predator?"

"No..." he clucked his teeth, he was clearly annoyed. "You know..." he clutched my arm, forcing me to face him. "If I wasn't desperate, I wouldn't do this. But I want to protect him..."

"From what?"

"His brother had been kidnapped. By advancing this project, I would build and plant a little bit of hope in Junsu. I want it so he would have just a little bit of faith in me."

"His brother?" my heart plummeted into my stomach. "Junho?" he seemed surprised when I blurted out that name.

"You know him?"

"Well, one shouldn't just know one of them."

"You know Junsu has a twin brother?"

"Uh..." wait.

"He told you?"

"I told you we are close. I know his twin brother."

"Then do you know where he is?"

"He's..."

"You don't even know where he is after high school?"

"If you ask me questions like this, will Junsu approve of it? If you don't even know that he has a twin brother don't you think you're close to him. Their history is not what I should tell to people. Junsu hid it from you, which means he didn't trust you enough to let you in."

He watched me in awe. Well, he should.

"I want to know." he said, vehemently. "Despite everything that he knew about me, I had never known anything about him. He refused to tell me anything."

"If he didn't, then why should I?"

"Do you know why he's so defensive?" I blinked. He couldn't be serious.

"When he felt safe enough, he would tell you."

"Tell me, please. I beg you." well, that escalates quickly. "If you won't tell whatever happened to him, just tell me the idea of it."

"What is wrong with you?" I bickered. He's creeping me out. "What idea? What-"

"What happened in the past? Do you know Jung Yunho?" he cut me off.

"I didn't know Jung Yunho before. They knew each other in college."

"You sure?"

"Do you doubt me?"

"Since when Junsu know Jaejoong?" I choked by the name that spurted out from Yoochun's mouth. Jaejoong. "You, Jaejoong, Yunho. Who knows him first?"

"Of course it's me. I know him since high school."

"Then do you know his high school friends?"

That was when something flashed in my mind. I cringed, bewildered when I felt a severe headache suddenly.

"Are you okay?" Yoochun's voice sounded genuine voicing his concern out. "Changmin?"

"I..." high school. How long had it been? My mind wondered. I gazed at him, but I wasn't really looking at him. "Something's missing."

"What?" my head hurts again that my eyes started to water. Yoochun pulled a chair and asked me to sit down. I obliged helplessly. My legs turned into jelly.

"Something, Yoochun-ssi. My high school memory is missing. I can't remember anyone else except Junsu and Junho,"

"You're confusing me."

"I'm confused too. Now that you mention it, I don't remember my high school." I scratched my head. I wasn't playing around. I really did forget about it. It seemed profoundly blurred in my memory. All I know is the name of that high school and Junsu. "It was like someone erased it from my memory."

"Hah. Just like when you're acting dumb in college."

"You don't understand." I said sternly. "I graduated laude. I only..." I looked at him, damn it. The pricking ache hit my head again. I closed my eyes, tears started to well.

"Do you have any pictures from high school to proof that you're friends with Junsu?" I nodded.

"I'll find one. I'll show you." but I wasn't convinced by my own words.

***

Yoochun looked at Changmin for a while when the younger man turned his back towards him as he browsed the interior of the room. It was obvious that Changmin was really impressed by the company. Yoochun himself had never been inside Shim's building so he guessed it was a lot different than his that he didn't hide his shock well.

"Did you really want to proceed with our collaboration?" Changmin asked again after ages went by. "Are you sure?"

"Yes." Yoochun's answer was firm. Changmin sighed lightly.

"I'm not." he said. His voice was small.

"I'll teach you. I'll guide you, don't worry." Changmin turned around and flashed a weak smile to Yoochun. Yoochun could literally feel the atmosphere around them got a little eased up when Changmin gave him that smile. He couldn't believe it that actually he also needed his mutual accomplice to smile.

Yoochun walked out of the door and was greeted by Junsu. Yoochun had this urge to grasp Junsu's hand and keep it in his but Changmin was watching them closely. Junsu acknowledged Changmin and the younger male bowed his head slightly. Yoochun let Junsu walked alongside him and was joined by Changmin on the other side of Junsu. Yoochun didn't say anything because what's the point in making him angry again. They had made a peace treaty; both of them were tired of arguing.

While Yoochun was sure Changmin was distracted by his own thoughts, his hand crept behind Junsu back. Junsu was startled a bit because he didn't think Yoochun would do that. He looked up and Yoochun winked at him. He blushed violently so he looked away, hiding his smile. Yoochun grasped his fingers lightly, making the smaller man smiled wider. He sighed softly, contented of what was happening around him.

***

Yoochun was sitting at the table in his bedroom after he sent Junsu back home and also seeing Changmin home. He still had to make a little adjustment in his company plan that would fit Shim's heir together. It was only in this AI project that they would work together, and that's that. He would not know about 220 and the others.

"Busy?" Yoochun was shocked to hear her voice rang suddenly. He looked up to see Kahi smiling down at him.

"Gosh." Yoochun swallowed his bitter saliva. After a while, he managed to crack a smile. "You startled me."

"I did knock, though." Yoochun stood up and asked Kahi to sit down on the couch beside the table. "I'm sorry. I didn't know you're busy."

"It's okay," but Yoochun's heart denied it. He didn't feel right tonight when Kahi was here. Kahi looked different. She looked more...what would be the best word...bad-? Her make-up made her seemed fiercer, Yoochun guessed. Or might be he just wasn't comfortable with Kahi's vibe tonight.

"Would you like a drink?" Yoochun glanced at the clock, it was nine. And he had no idea what to serve her in this time of night.

"No, thanks. I just want to see you."

"What for?" Yoochun realised he sounded a bit harsh. "I mean...it's late at night and..."

"I'm concerned about you."

"I'm fine, Kahi." Yoochun smiled, just enough to convince Kahi but the girl didn't. She seemed upset.

Did she come here to ask him the reason he wanted to break up again? Yoochun couldn't say the same answer twice.

"I understood why, but I have another reason to hold on to you."

"Kahi, I thought we already talked about this..." Kahi suddenly grabbed Yoochun's hand that he nearly lost his balance.

"Please...!" Kahi pleaded. Her eyes were wet. "You don't understand..."

"But we don't love each other, Kahi. You know..."

"It's not about love...!" Kahi's tears waited no more. "It's about...!" Kahi stopped there, her tongue froze. It was like she was facing her own death. Her tears rolled down freely, tainting her soft pale cheeks. She grabbed onto Yoochun's hand and he felt shivers ran down his own spine. Kahi blinked, her breathing was rapid and deep. Kahi fell down on her knees. She shut her eyes tight.

Yoochun was speechless.

"I would not hate you for breaking up with me." Kahi said between her sobs. "But give me a chance."

"I can't." Yoochun's answer was simple because he was confident. "I'm sorry." he was confident he loves someone else. "I tried to love you before we get married, but I can't." Yoochun was scared because he would cause Kahi's life miserable.

"But why can't we just try and get married? I mean...we don't have to..."

"You don't understand, Kahi. Marriage isn't something for..."

"It's for business. Strictly. Yes, I know."

"And..."

"I..." Kahi stopped. She seemed like she had given up. She inhaled deeply. "...just don't want to make our parents disappointed."

"Please don't try to make this sound personal, Kahi. We knew that what we pretended to do."

"One day, you'll regret it."

"I'll regret more the moment I try to turn it around again. If ever."

Yoochun locked his eyes with hers, feeling that he had successfully made the sweetest girl's heart broke apart. He gripped on the hem of his shirt, he had started to sweat now.

Suddenly Kahi stood up, wiped her tears with the back of her hands and adjusted her hair and tied them with a rubber band.

He thought Kahi seemed different. Kahi threw her gaze away to the window.

Somehow she didn't seem sad anymore.

"I'm leaving." she said after a moment. She her heels and suddenly she spun around. "You'll see your fear. I can see through you. I know your fear." she snapped her fingers and suddenly Yoochun's world was in fire.

A/N don't worry. i am too is confused with this story as it had come to the beginning of the end...

do subscribe and please comment, tell me what you think ? thank you very much for reading!