The New Director

220

Yoochun opened his eyes. His brown eyes roamed around the interior of the room that felt unfamiliar to him. He moaned lazily, and turned towards his left side, where he felt a burden on his arm. He nearly gasped when he saw Junsu was sound asleep beside him. Yoochun shifted a bit to make himself more comfortable and Junsu's head tilted closer to him that he could feel Junsu's soft breathe upon his face. He scanned his secretary's face, which was actually more than friends to him, and spotted more features than he usually did. His skin was porcelain-smooth, fair and pale like a girl's, and there's a minute mole on his jaw.

Yoochun smiled, and he traced his face with his fingers. He thumbed Junsu's tear-stained cheek, felt the skin was so soft.

Who hurts you, Junsu? Who hurts you until you cried this much tears? Was it your boyfriend? What can I do other than holding you till you fall asleep?

"Umm..." Junsu mumbled something, and he frowned. Slowly he opened his eyes. Yoochun pulled his hands automatically and turned his gaze elsewhere. "Yoochun?"

"Awake already?" Yoochun sneered. "My hand is about to fall off."

"Oh," Junsu sat up, and rubbed his eyes. Yoochun couldn't resist seeing how cute his secretary was. "Sorry," he muttered.

Both of them stared at each other. Junsu's face was void of emotions, might be he had become numb by all the crying that he'd done.

"Don't you want to tell me what happen?" Yoochun asked in a gentlest way ever. He knew Junsu was still in a very delicate state and he could be hurt easily. Junsu was silent for a while.

"Why do you sleep here?"

"Yah!" Yoochun poked Junsu's rib with his finger. "You think I want to spend my time here? I'm supposed to ask you out to eat."

"Eat?" Junsu looked dumbfounded.

"I'm hungry. The dinner wasn't satisfactory enough for my big tummy. I need more." Junsu rubbed his eyes, and blinked them twice. "Have you eaten?"

"No." Junsu put a hand on his stomach.

"Do you want to go out?" Yoochun glanced at the watch. It was three in the morning. Junsu fished for his phone on the table and checked something.

Yoochun's POV

"Aaah..." Junsu typed something on his phone. He might be replying to something based on how he frowned and then smiled when he was typing the text he was going to send. I don't want to say it out loud but my heart was not at ease when I saw Junsu like this. He finished doing stuff with his phone and he put it down on the table again.

Even though it was three in the morning I believed there are still going to be stalls open for eating. Damn it, I'm hungry and spending time with Junsu made me even hungrier. What did the boy do to me that he had my energy drained like this?

He walked to the closet and pulled out a blue jumper and a muffler.

"Do you really want to eat out?" Junsu asked me as he wrapped the muffler around his slender neck.

"Of course." I stood up and followed suit after Junsu grabbed his wallet. He didn't need that actually, I would be the one paying for our meal later on. Both he and I knew that, it was like a universal rule between both of us. If we eat out, I would be the one paying. I didn't mind at all, because somehow I didn't think the meal price could pay his effort to be with me 24/7.

Junsu and I walked alongside each other, he talked about the new people that he met at the theme park and the food that we ate there. I, in return, complained about how bland the food was at the dinner and my speech was extraordinary. I however didn't tell him about Changmin, the new director. Something bugged me from inside, telling me I should tell Junsu about him. I shouldn't keep this as a secret, but it's not like I would shut my mouth up for it forever. I would tell him anyways. I could never hide anything from him.

We both ate at a small restaurant that served only grilled mackerel and seafood side dishes. We didn't have any other choices. The food was quite delicious and we ended up eating plates of grilled mackerel with soju.

Junsu was still quiet about what happened previously. He quickly returned to his own bubbly self when he was eating, like he hadn't cried himself out like he did just hours before.

Did the tears really wash all his sorrow away?

"Don't just stare at me." Junsu said, as he poured me another shot of soju. I was poking my mackerel with chopsticks, and it was getting cold. "Eat."

"I'm full already."

"Aish, how can you be full when it was only fishes that you ate?" Junsu complained and asked for another helping of grilled mackerel. Junsu had had plenty of them and it looked like he really loved them. I grinned at Junsu and shook my head.

"I have to keep my body in shape."

"Fishes are not carbs."

"No sassing tonight, Junsu. I need to go back to Kahi," his face changed a bit blue, or was it only me who saw it? Not that kind of cyanotic blue, but sorrowful blue. "You don't mind?"

"No." Junsu shook his head vehemently. "She would be worried when you didn't come back early."

"She'll understand." Junsu looked down at our food and this time he was the one poking at the innocent mackerel in our umpteenth plate. "You still don't want to tell me what happened?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"I just want to know. Shouldn’t I know something about you? At least, about this?" he chugged down his soju and thought for a while. "You know how our relationship is."

"I know." Junsu said, pouring himself another shot. He pulled his gaze towards the road and supported his chin with his hand. He was silent. I took the soju bottle and poured myself another shot.

"Your boyfriend back there?" I tried to guess, and he closed his eyes. I saw him swallowed dryly, and his ears started to redden. "Just nod if yes." he stayed still as a stone. I chewed my lower lip, and tapped my fingers on the table.

Suddenly the delicious grilled mackerel was not so appealing to us anymore.

He was acting up, and I couldn't do anything about it. I should be the one in control but this wasn't actually my business but I wanted to know so badly. I stared at him, waiting and waiting. We could stay here forever, if not for Kahi's phone call.

"Hey," I answered the phone and saw Junsu's eyes lingered at me. I turned sideways so that I could cover my conversation with the back of my hand. Junsu lowered his face, his eyes stared down at the sad mackerel.

"Yoochun? Where are you?"

"I'm sorry. I'll be back soon." I looked at the watch. It would be dawn soon. Kahi hadn't sleep yet? Did she really wait for me?

"I..." I heard she cleared , and laughed lightly. "...woke up suddenly and thought I should call you." I smiled, she was so sweet.

"I'll be back. It's just...we got caught up with a new project. I'll get back to you later,"

"Okay..." I heard Kahi cleared . "Good night. Don't forget to go back to the hotel."

"Sure." I threw a swift glance at Junsu who was still having a staring competition with the mackerel. I think he's drunk. "Hey," I tapped his arm and he looked up at me. "Come on. Kahi is already checking up on me."

"Oh." his eyes looked distant and not focused. I stood up from my seat and put a generous amount of money under a plate for the ahjumma that served us this late in the morning. I took Junsu's hand and dragged him to stand. He wobbled a bit, and it was a queue to me to be more careful. I encircled my arm around his waist and oh wow his waist is tiny! I think I can break it with only me hugging it!

Third Person POV

Yoochun and Junsu walked side by side. Yoochun wasn't drunk; it took him an awful lot of liquor to do that, and Junsu was basically intoxicated. He couldn't stand straight.

"Aish, what kind of secretary that makes his boss brings him home?!" Yoochun whined under his breath. Junsu wobbled when he tried to catch up with Yoochun. Yoochun finally ended up by having to give a piggy back ride to Junsu. Junsu practically drooled on his shirt, and Yoochun was going to scold him when he's sober later on.

When Yoochun was carrying him, he heard Junsu mumbled things.

"Yunho..." he heard that name over and over again, came out from those heavenly lips. Yoochun's heart was tickled by fury, because he could only assume it was the name of Junsu's boyfriend. And for a moment he heard Junsu started to cry again, and the name came out again.

Yunho, Yoochun would remember the name. Who are you, Yunho? Who the are you that made Junsu this way?

With many difficulties, Yoochun and Junsu finally arrived at Junsu's floor. Yoochun put Junsu down and supported Junsu to walk on his own. He could feel his back bone breaking.

They went to Junsu's room which was at the end of the corridor. When they arrived, Yoochun was shocked to see someone was crouching near Junsu's door. Junsu held on to Yoochun's hand, and he staggered forward. Yoochun held his waist. The man looked up, and it was none other than Shim Changmin.

Yoochun stepped forward, tried to hide Junsu behind him. But Junsu pushed him lightly.

"Changmin-ah!"

Wait. He knows him?

Junsu practically skipped towards the tall man. Yoochun couldn't help but felt irritated. He deserved his affection more than anyone else.

"Where did you go? I called your phone but you didn't..."

"Sorry, Changmin-ah...I left it inside the room." Changmin darted a death glare at Yoochun. Yoochun scorned. Why did Junsu look so sober now compared to when he had to break his back to carry him?

And how did Junsu knew this guy from a rival company? For how long did they know each other and how close are they?

Questions started to swarm Yoochun's mind when he saw Junsu talked to Changmin. Junsu turned around and saw Yoochun's expression changed.

"Yoochun-ah!" Junsu wanted to touch Yoochun's arm but Yoochun waved it away.

"Since when did you know him?" Yoochun gestured rudely at Changmin. Changmin was still glaring at him. Junsu was stuck in the middle.

"He's my friend." Junsu said.

"Your friend?!" Yoochun said loudly. "He's your friend?"

"Can't I have friends outside my company now?" Junsu remarked, and Yoochun laughed bitterly. "Yoochun-ah!" he grabbed Yoochun's shirt on his stomach and Yoochun pushed his hand roughly. Changmin rushed forward.

"Hey, watch what you're doing!" Yoochun's mouth gaped open when Changmin shoved him aside. Junsu was wide eyed.

"Who are you to barge in like this? Don't you know..."

"I'm staying in this hotel. I'm one of your guests if you forgotten," Changmin said mockingly as he grasped Junsu's wrist. Yoochun put both hands on his waist.

"I never thought..." Yoochun gritted his teeth.

Junsu was playing with the enemy? Did he just say they were friends?

"Yoochun-ah, it's not like what you're thinking." Yoochun couldn't have any of it. Suddenly he felt so angry at Junsu his ears felt hot. He stomped leaving Junsu's room. "Yoochun!" he didn't wait for any explanation. His legs quickly brought him to his suite. "Yoochun!" Junsu grabbed his wrist but Yoochun pulled it away harshly.

"Look what you've done!" Yoochun's hand was shaking when he fished for the card key for his suite in his pocket.

"Yoochun-ah, there's nothing unusual about us. I'm sorry I didn't tell you before but Changmin is really my friend, he was an old friend that..."

"Do you think I care about that?!" Yoochun eventually managed to open the door and he pushed it open. Junsu followed him inside even though it was evident Yoochun didn't want him in there with him.

"He's my friend from school. He's my hoobae..."

"Are you trying to betray me?"

"No!" Junsu was desperate. "I swear, no! I...he's just a friend. I never told him anything."

"Get out from this room, Junsu."

"Yoochun..."

"Get out now before I lost my mind altogether." Yoochun's voice was deep and low because he tried so hard to contain his angst. Junsu gulped, and lowered his head.

"Yoochun-ah..."

"Get out!" Yoochun almost screamed which scared Junsu. Junsu flinched and he ran to the door, exiting and closing the door behind him.

Junsu's POV

I went back to my own room, as dejected as I could be after Yoochun yelled at me to leave him alone.

I know, I know it isn't wise for me to hide the fact that I'm a friend of a director from a rival company of Park Group. I should've told Yoochun about it but I didn't. It was my own fault.

Changmin was waiting for me when I returned. His face was evident of worry. I smiled bitterly at him; I couldn't blame him for being concerned. I told him that Yunho wanted to break up with me. I know why, but I didn't want to discuss anything with him right now, not in this chaotic state. Changmin came straight away to see me, leaving the oh-so-important dinner behind.

"Why do you..." Changmin touched my hand tenderly and I held it back before leading him into my room. Changmin was a tempered person, but he would always mellow when he was with me.

"I made a mistake of not telling him about us." I said as I took my place on the PVC couch in front of the flat screen television. The room that Yoochun booked for me was a luxurious one, with very nice scenery of a town to look at outside and facilities to die for. "He had every right to be angry."

"He shouldn't." Changmin said, his voice sounded dangerous. "He pushed you away, didn't he? He was not treating you right."

"Changmin..." we had had fights about this issue before. Changmin was a very stubborn man, and so do I. He didn't like it one bit when I told him I'm going to work at Park Group. Park Group was a rivalry of Shim Group, both competing for decades. I knew this fact since high school where I met Changmin, but I didn't think it would break his heart that much when I told him I'm working with them. Changmin was angry at first but I had my own reasons, and he was still doing his studies when I started working so he basically didn't have any power to force me to work with him.

And now Changmin's all geared up after he took over the company, just like Yoochun. He had waited so long for this, even though I couldn't say it was solely because of me.

"I'm still tired of Yunho, Changmin. I don't want to talk about Yoochun right away." I tried to avoid the topic. The truth was, I would never discuss Yoochun with anyone, not even with Yunho. I looked at Changmin and he was staring at me. Words didn't come out from his mouth but I know he was still mad. For who? For both of them. Yunho and Yoochun, but I couldn't do anything about it.

I stood up from my position and silently I peeked through the small opening from the curtain. The sun was rising.

I had to leave when the morning comes, but I still hadn't got my sleep. No, scratch that. I already slept in Yoochun's arm.

And so much for acting drunk. I should drink more if I knew this would happen.

A/N here's an update! if you like it, please support this story! you can subscribe, comment or just put something in my wall! thank you very much for reading this! *bows down*