I Have Never Been More Honest

220

Yoochun heard the knock on the door just when he was watching the sun rises from his hotel window. He couldn't sleep at all after he got back from Junsu's room. He had been searching information from the Internet about Shim Changmin. He couldn't rely on Junsu if he didn't actually tell whatever connection between him and Changmin. He didn't want to be off guard and be stabbed on the back by his own bodyguard. Maybe lying about his boyfriend would be okay for him, but this was about his own loyalty to his company.

But they're friends! That's what bugged Yoochun so much.

Yoochun went to the door and opened it, knowing full well that it could only be Kahi. She sent him a text this morning, asking him to come down to breakfast together. He smiled down when he saw Kahi, who beamed at him back. Yoochun held out a hand and Kahi took it. They didn't say a thing when they went to the elevator. Yoochun pressed the 'close' button and leaned on the elevator's wall after the door closed.

"Don't you want to ask Junsu to come down for breakfast?" Yoochun sensed his breath hitched by the name. Kahi was scanning his face when she didn't see the usual adoration that comes to light whenever that name was mentioned. Plus, Yoochun never not included Junsu's name in his conversation. There was always Junsu this and Junsu that.

"He can eat on his own." Yoochun replied, resentful. Kahi cocked an eyebrow, quite amused by what she just heard.

"But Junsu-ssi..." Yoochun grimaced, Kahi immediately knew that Yoochun didn't want to talk about Junsu this morning. Kahi held Yoochun's hand even tighter, like telling him that she understood. However Yoochun knew Kahi didn't understand one bit at all about their relationship. Kahi grew up in an environment which made her couldn't mingle with other boys her age. She went to all-girls school until she went to college. But even when she was studying violin, she made sure she was surrounded by only girls. Only seldom she lets herself around boys, that was when she had to such as in social events that her families held. Yoochun never felt compelled to learn why Kahi behaved that way, as he thought she grew up to become a fairly decent lady who knew how to socialise with gentlemen.

When they arrived at the floor to the cafeteria, they were still holding hands. Yoochun led Kahi into the room. Kahi looked around and she spotted Junsu who was sitting at a table, alone. She looked at Yoochun, and saw her fiancé was gazing at his secretary but upon realising Kahi saw him, he pulled his eyes away. He strutted to the table where the food was placed, not caring to even say hi to Junsu. Kahi followed, still confused but kept quiet. Yoochun went and took a plate, which resulted with a loud clang, and stomped his way to the bread section. He took two croissants, and picked up two cheddar cheese. He then went to put salad on his bowl, which Kahi then thought was too much for him to eat alone. He focused on the food too much, but Kahi was sure he realised that Junsu had noticed their entrance.

Yoochun went to the farthest table in the hall, which was nearest to the window with the town scenery. He put down his plate and bowl, and went back to get his tea. When he came back to the table, Junsu was standing there waiting for him. He sat down without acknowledging his secretary at all.

"Yoochun," Junsu's voice sounded like he was pleading. Kahi came, her hands full with plate of fried rice and dim sum so there's no way she's not going to sit down to avoid the awkwardness that might happen.

"Junsu-ssi," so the best way was to greet Junsu, maybe lured out the good in Yoochun back. Junsu acknowledged her by nodding once, and she smiled. But then his focus was back on Yoochun.

"Yoochun-ah, about last night..."

Kahi turned at Yoochun, Yoochun looked like he had swallowed a stone.

"I'm going to my room." Yoochun put down his fork and stood up and pushed the chair.

"Listen to me, Yoochun. He's...Changmin..." Junsu grabbed Yoochun's arm desperately. Yoochun shoved him away.

"I don't want to."

"Yoochun, I'm not what you think...I'm keeping my mouth shut. I didn't tell anything. I'm only loyal to you," Junsu said quickly in one breath. Yoochun ignored him, and swung his legs to leave the room. Kahi stood there, aghast and silent while her eyes fixed solely on Yoochun and Junsu. "Yoochun-ah, please believe me. He's just my best friend from school and, and he's here because of my private issue and..."

"Then, you knew that he's going to come here as a new director of Shim Group already?" Yoochun suddenly turned around, attacking Junsu. Junsu was shocked but at least Yoochun was talking to him again.

"It...It was a coincidence."

"Not believable." Yoochun cut him off as he strides his way to the elevator.

"But...but I'm telling the truth!" Junsu chased Yoochun into the elevator, leaving Kahi dumbfounded behind. All she knew was the elevator door closed right in front of her and both guys didn't even notice. "Please believe me..."

"How should I when you never tell me anything?! I asked you about your private life, and you didn't want to answer, that's fine with me because I would respect you don't want to mix private life with your career, but being friends with the director from a rival company?"

"He's my friend from high school! Should I isolate him just because I'm working under you?" Yoochun huffed. He folded his arms in front of his chest, refusing to look at Junsu. Junsu sighed loudly, his teeth bared. "Look, I knew you're going to flip out like this,"

"You should have the decency to tell me that you /know/ a certain someone, not stabbing your own boss' back,"

"I'm not doing anything! I just hid the mere fact that I'm a friend of Shim Changmin who happened to be here. I'm loyal to you, Yoochun-ah. I will never do anything that would make you regret hiring me..."

Yoochun tsked loudly. He rolled his eyes. Junsu who saw this gesture felt angry. He held Yoochun's arms and shook it. Yoochun pushed him away.

"But I figured it out differently. What if I never saw you and Changmin together? What if he didn't come here? You would never tell me that he's your dearest friend, right?!" Yoochun glared.

"Yoochun..."

"Stop with the pleading. You're a lot closer to him, you even called him to your room, right?"

Junsu's mouth gaped open, aghast. Yoochun scoffed.

"How did you...how did...?"

"You don't think I noticed? I saw every little thing, Junsu. When you're not with me, my senses are sharper." Junsu knitted his brows together, totally doubting what Yoochun just said. He stared at Yoochun for a while, contemplating something and then hugged himself.

"So...? Now what you're going to do? Fire me?" Junsu was blunt, and it shocked Yoochun. The director turned to his secretary. Both of them glared at each other.

Yoochun hadn't thought of it.

What would it be like without Junsu?

Fortunately the elevator door opened. It was now on Yoochun's floor. Yoochun was still staring at Junsu.

It seemed like the table had turned. Junsu looked disappointed but Yoochun's fury hadn't subsided. Yoochun balled his fists and stepped outside the elevator. Junsu stayed inside.

When the door closed again, Yoochun turned around at it for a long time. Secretly he wished Junsu would step out too and follow him.

***

Yoochun's POV

I pulled my coat from the hanger and tossed it into my baggage. I didn't feel like packing up even though my flight was three hours away and I needed to be ready in one hour. I groaned when I thought about getting on that airplane and meet Junsu again.

I still hadn't made the decision if I would let Junsu stayed in my company or not. He's my secretary, the closest one to me. I never thought he would have the guts to do this to me. I sat on the couch, my head lowered until my neck hurt and I think for a while.

Kahi knocked and I let her entered. She must know something was wrong when I just left her like that in the venue when Junsu showed up.

"What happened down there?" I shook my head. "Junsu looks upset."

"Oh, I didn't see it though." I replied sarcastically. My head hurts even to think I had made our conversation bitterer. Kahi hugged herself.

"Something happened last night?" Kahi tried to fish the answer out from me. I closed his eyes and massaged the bridge of my nose.

"He..." I swallowed the bitter saliva, and clasped both my palms together. "...we got into a fight because suddenly I knew he's actually a friend of Shim Changmin."

"Shim Changmin?" I nodded. "Isn't he the new appointed director of Shim Group?"

"Yes. Junsu knew him long before me. They are friends since high school, and are so close to each other."

"Close?"

"I don't know how close but I think they're like best friends." I huffed. Kahi sat beside me and took my hands in hers.

"So, you're mad because of him knowing Shim Changmin before you did?" I didn't say anything but Kahi already knew the answer. It was basically pasted on my face. I seemed like a brat right no. "Yoochun dear..." she spoke like an old woman but I adored the 'dear'. "...you shouldn't do that to Junsu," I rolled my eyes. "Junsu should be able to befriend whoever he wants to, and you can actually use this opportunity to extract information for your own company."

I opened my eyes and looked at her. Her eyes were bright and shiny, even though she was wearing minimal make-up.

"You can ask him about his company, lured some important information from him."

"But, Junsu's his friend..."

"I know, but he's working for you, dear. Didn't you secure his loyalty to you yet?"

"He's difficult." Kahi hugged me even tighter. I wondered if it's really her plan to make me forgive him. I didn't know why, maybe she liked Junsu more than she likes me. But I didn't want to elaborate on that.

"Are you going to make it more difficult by blindly accusing him like that? Have you ask him if he really betrays you?" what a stupid question to ask. But I promised myself that I wouldn't be angry with Kahi, she's not the one I supposed to throw my fit on.

"No. Even if I ask, he wouldn't tell." I grumbled.

"Are you sure?" I kept silent. Kahi wrapped her arms around my shoulders. Her arms were cold, even though it was quite a warm season right now.

"I don't know..."

"Let's pack up and leave, hmm?" Kahi stood up and touched my face. I smiled at her, because it would be not nice if I always frowned. Kahi smiled back, and instinctively she my bangs and kissed my forehead. It was a sign that Kahi wanted me to consider what she's been telling me.

I sighed silently. Kahi hadn't known Junsu as long as I did but she had such faith in that guy. What if Kahi was right and I'm just being paranoid?

"Okay." I stood up and she backed her steps a bit. I nodded, telling her that I got this and she shrugged before she left.

Junsu's POV

I am really mad at Yoochun, and Changmin right now. When Yoochun left, I went back to my room only to see Changmin was waiting in front of my door again. I didn't want to smile so I just walked past him.

"Do you want to eat?" I shook my head. I already went downstairs and lost my appetite because of Yoochun. Changmin looked like he hadn't eaten in weeks, but I had no intention to accompany him today. Changmin made the goo-goo eyes for me to pay attention to him.

"Go alone, Changmin-ah. I need time for myself." I took out the card key to the door and swiped it. Changmin hugged himself, watching me doing it silently.

"I'm hungry. At least..."

"No." I declined ever so harshly. He looked dejected, like a puppy. I would smile if I was in a better mood but my head was filled with my conversation with Yoochun.

Changmin pouted but I would have none of it. I walked into the room and he followed me in.

"Why don't you...? Was it because last night?"

"Last night. Yes." I glared at Changmin. He was at fault for making me like this. I pretended that I was drunk so that Yoochun could carry me back to hotel. Scratch that, I was really drunk because I said Yunho's name out loud.

Damn it. After all that I've been through with Yunho, now I had a fight with my boss.

"You...Junsu, do you want to work with me?" I bit my lower lip. I had had this conversation before with Changmin and it didn't end well because I didn't want to leave Yoochun. I didn't want to say no again to Changmin but I didn't want to say yes either.

I turned around and saw Changmin watching me intently. I heaved out a small sigh.

"Changmin-ah...please understand, hm?" I pleaded, knowing that he would give in. Changmin looked away and I saw his fists were all balled up. He didn't say anything afterwards and just left me alone in the room.

I watched the door when it closed again, and felt how empty my heart had been. I shook my head, I couldn't let his guilt trip get me. I went to my baggage and started to pack my things. Changmin's voice kept disturbing me as I folded and inserted my clothes into the bag. I knew I had let him down but this was for his own good. Even though he used his 'best friend' card, I still couldn't leave Yoochun.

Now it's up to Yoochun to leave me or not.

***

I went to the lobby and waited for my taxi there. I called the transport to go to airport earlier on and I had called a taxi for Yoochun and Kahi too. I informed him by only texting him. I'm still mad at him to make a phone call.

I went to the airport first and waited for them there. I still would have to board the same plane with Yoochun as much as I opposed it. How surprised I am when I saw Changmin at the airport again. Not.

I already knew he would be here. He sat beside me, he didn't want to give up just yet. We didn't talk, and he got the picture already that I'm mad at him for last night and I would stay that way for a relatively long period.

Yoochun and Kahi arrived later. He was astounded when he saw Changmin sat beside me but he didn't say anything. I knew he was angry but this was not a place to fight over childish things. Yoochun would have to think over things on the plane before we reach Seoul whether he's going to keep me or not. It's not an easy decision to make, but the time was short for him.

He held my gaze when he arrived, and I could feel my breath slowly left me. I tried to look sincere for my job's sake.

When the time of boarding was announced, I stood up and instinctively I went to Yoochun's side but Changmin stopped me. He grabbed my wrist and didn't want to let go.

"Don't leave me." he said. He dragged me to the gate. I threw my glance at Yoochun and saw he's glaring at us.

I'm so going down after this.

A/N annyeong everyone!

so, the story started to come up slow, i guess...aaah but i can't write in faster pace, because it's just the way i write! *mianhe*

and i felt sorry for junsu T__T

please look forward to this story and thank you for MissCrazyAtic  for the wonderful poster! hehehehe ^^

*not my image* thank you! ^^