Mistake

I Can Never Stop Loving You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The traffic of uptown Gangnam was congested and Yonghwa had been stuck in it for almost 15 minutes.  He huffed and silently cursed at the situation a couple of times in his head. He the radio and flipped the channel a few times as there wasn’t any songs caught his interest. He continued pressing the button until his finger stop when a familiar song popped on the speaker. It was ‘Mistake’ by the infamous Girls’ Generation. He leaned back on his car seat, switched his focus on bumper-to-bumper movement on the road while enjoyed the song. Although he didn’t know all of GG’s songs, but facts that that particular song was sung by his wife’s group made him unknowingly liked it even more. As he enjoyed the song, he suddenly felt a little melancholy. He remembered the phone conversation they had that morning. 

 

*FLASHBACK*

“Hello, Oppa.” She said on the other side of the line.

“Yes? Is everything okay?” He asked while his eyes were fixed to the computer in front of him. He and Jungshin were in the recording room, working on to ensemble a few sounds they have recorded earlier.

“I’m on my way to meet with Hyoyeon unnie at her dancing studio. She just opens a dance class for kids so I want to see if I can sign Minhee up for the class.”

“Okay.” He answered nonchalantly. Although he heard her, he obviously didn’t pay attention on what she was saying.

“Oppa, would you be available to join me for a goguma latte this evening? I think maybe we could have a coffee date afterward.” She said. Her voice sounded cheerful and hopeful.

There was a brief silent on his side of the line. His right hand was busy navigating the mouse.

“Oppa? Are you still there?”

Her voice snapped him back to the phone call he supposed to have with his wife. “Oh yeah, I’m here. Uhm… you say you want to meet Hyoyeon, right? Just go and have fun. Send her my regards.”

“Oppa, you’re not listening to me. I’m asking if you’re available to meet me for coffee. It’s been a while since we had a date, just two of us. So are you in?” She asked again with a hope he would say yes.

“Uhm…Hyun, I uh….” He stopped whatever he was clicking on the mouse and leaned back on the chair, sighing in displeasure. “I can’t, I’m very busy right now. There are a few things need to be done. You can have coffee with Hyoyeon instead. It’s just coffee anyway. No need to fuss me out of it.” The sound of his voice filled with irritation. “Besides, you two can have a long talk like you guys used to. So…just go do whatever you want.”

She huffed. “Oppa,” Her tone sounded bitter. “You know that I’m always in touch with my sisters especially Hyoyeon unnie and I just met her two weeks ago. I would’ve asked her if I want to have coffee with her anytime. But it’s alright then. I thought I can go on a date with my husband and it looks like today is definitely a wrong day.” She sighed in frustration. “I see you at home.” She hung up. 

He opened his mouth, about to answer to his wife when he heard a long beep on the other side. When he realized what he just said, he regretted it immediately. He shut his eyes tightly and muffled a curse under his breath.

Jungshin who sat there the entire conversation raised his eyebrow as he looked at his brother and shook his head. Although he didn’t hear what exactly they’ve been talking about, but judging by Yonghwa’s reaction, he could guessed. “Hyung, work can wait.” He tried to reason Yonghwa’s attitude toward his wife. “You’ve been working so hard and spend most of your time in the studio these past few weeks and it’s not fair for her. I know I’m not in the right position to give you a marriage advice, but I know Seohyun. She probably looks like she doesn’t mind, but she does. You’re lucky to have Seohyun as your wife. She understands your job, but it doesn’t mean you can take advantage of that.”

Yonghwa looked at the youngest of the team with a nod. He made a very good point. “But the mixing…”

“You are not the only producer here.” Jungshin cut off. “I can work the sound with Jonghyun hyung and get back to you. Go home, hyung.” He subtly kicked him out of the studio.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

 

The unexpected honk snapped him back to reality. He looked at the rearview mirror and to the front when he realized there was a huge gap between his car and the car in front of his. He slowly pressed the gas pedal and the car moved on a minimal speed. After a few more minutes of slow rowing, he managed to escape the hectic traffic and drove home.   

He entered the house with cautious steps, trying not to cause more trouble than what he already done. He glanced at his watch and the time was 7.30pm. He looked around the living room, but not be able to find the figure he was looking for. He then noticed his wife sitting on a chair of the dining table in the kitchen. She was engrossed in the book she was r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter