Chritsmas Gift

I Can Never Stop Loving You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun was almost set, turning the blue sky to orange-ish black. Seohyun was walking to her car on the parking lot when the phone in her hand suddenly ringing. She glanced at the caller ID and picked it up. “Yeoboseyo...”

“Hyun...you should be home by now. It’s Christmas Eve.”

“I know, Oppa. I’ll be home soon.” Seohyun got into the car.

“This tree...” Yonghwa sighed. He was having trouble with the Christmas tree decoration. “Yah...Minhee-ya, don’t that. Those balls are not tomato...” He said on the other line.

Seohyun giggled as she ignited the car engine. “Alright, Oppa. I’ll be home any minutes.”

“Where are you?”

“Err...I’m at...um...” Seohyun stuttered. “I’m at...err...SM building.” She lied. She wasn’t at the SM building or even near the building.  She was at the hospital, picking up her medical check up result.

“What are you doing there?”

“I-I...um...” She didn’t know what she was supposed to say.

“Okay. Come home hurry.” said Yonghwa. “Got to go now. Minhee is trying to eat the decoration ball again.”

“Bye.” She said. The conversation ended. He hung up. She blew a relief sigh. She hated lying, especially to her husband. But she felt that she has to. It was just a white lie, she thought. Seohyun then accelerated the speed and drove home.

 

While at home, Yonghwa was busy decorating the Christmas tree with his little angel, who was busy toddling around the house, playing with the decorations; mostly and throwing the balls all over the house. He heaved a sigh once in a while as he picked up the mess she made.

“Minhee-ya...look what you’ve done.” He knelt down to her as he pointed at the mess on the floor and smiled. “You’re such a ‘great’ assistant.” He kissed her cheek a couple times and continued hanging the LED string light around the tree.

At the moment, Seohyun walked in the house. “I’m home.” Her eyes widened at the sight of the messy living room. “Wow! This is not what I expected.”

Yonghwa grinned. “Thanks to our little creative interior designer here.”

“Yah, Jung Minhee...looks like you’re really helping Daddy.”  Seohyun approached her daughter and pecked a soft kiss on her head as she lifted the three years-old little girl up into her embrace.

“Indeed.” Yonghwa nodded in mocking gesture. He then sat on the couch, comforting himself. “I don’t know decorating a small tree would take this much energy.” He said as he glanced at the tree.

She knew he wasn’t really into decoration thingy, but he was trying his best for his family. It was their first Christmas in their own house. Last year, they celebrated Christmas with Yonghwa’s family in Busan. “You did a great job anyway, Oppa. It’s nice.” She beamed at her husband. Although the tree was half done, she appreciated his effort. 

“Are they still open on Christmas Eve?” Yonghwa glanced at his wife who was standing near the tree, playing with Minhee.

“What?” Seohyun turned her head to him.

“SM. You said you were at SM building. What are you doing there?”

Seohyun was surprised with the sudden question. It took her quite few seconds to answer. “I’ll take Minhee for shower and then we can cook dinner.” She hastily walked to the bedroom, leaving the question with no answer.

Yonghwa looked at her with furrowed eyebrows as some thought come to his mind. She’s acting strange, he thought. But he didn’t bother prolong whatever he had in his mind. She might just do whatever she has to. SM was her workplace anyway. 

 

The trio had done with their dinner. It was a simple dinner, and it was momentous. To gather around the same table, enjoying the festive night as a family was truly an amazing feeling. Seohyun cleared the dishes on the table while Yonghwa tried plug in the string light.

“Yah, yah...don’t touch that.” Yonghwa patted softly the little girl’s hand when she tried to pull out the electric plug, making the girl startled by her father sudden action. “It’s dangerous. You might get electric shock and it could be fatal. Sit here next to me and watch. Don’t touch anything, arasso?” He said. Minhee was obediently followed her father’s order.

Seohyun was smiling upon seeing the scene. As much as he would spoil their daughter, he would scold her too. What’s wrong is wrong and as the parent, he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter