The In-Law

I Can Never Stop Loving You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yonghwa just got home from a TV show performance. He was weary but relieved to be home. After a whole day of recording, home is always the best sanctuary to release all the tiredness he’s been hold. He stepped in the house and he then heard the voices of giggling ladies. We have guest?, thought Yonghwa while taking off his shoes.

“Yonghwa...” A lady called him when she saw Yonghwa entered the house. She smiled to him. She was holding the baby in her arms.

“Sieomoni?” Yonghwa was surprised to see his mother in-law. “Annyeonghaseyo.” He bowed to her. “Why didn’t you tell me that you’re coming? When do you come?” He asked while approaching the lady who was sitting on the couch in the living room.

“I got here a few hours ago.” replied Mrs. Seo.

“Where’s Siabeoji?” Yonghwa asked.

“I’m here.” The voice came from the kitchen. Yonghwa turned around and stood up. Mr. Seo walked to the living room and gave Yonghwa a warm hug.

“Why didn’t you tell me that you guys are coming? I would get home early.” said Yonghwa as he let go of the hug.

“It’s okay. We know that you’re busy.”

At the meantime, Seohyun walked out from the room carrying two jackets in her hands. “Appa, here’s your jacket.” She handed the jacket to his father.

“Oh, you’re leaving already?” asked Yonghwa in surprise.

“I have some work to take care of. And now you’re home, I know you want to spend more time with your family. You must be tired too.” said Mr. Seo while putting on his jacket.

“Working is always tiring but that’s what the man of the house should do, right?” Yonghwa smiled.

“You go first. I’ll be down in a few minutes.” said Mrs. Seo while still playing with Minhee.  It seemed like she was reluctant to leave her precious grandchild. 

 “I’ll walk you to the car.” replied Yonghwa.

“Ey, it’s okay. You don’t have to.” Mr. Seo declined. He didn’t want to trouble his son in-law.

“Please Siabeoji, I insist. Besides, we rarely see each other so at least let me walk you to the car. That’s the least I can do.” Yonghwa insisted.

“Well, if you say so.”Mr. Seo nodded and walked out from the house with Yonghwa following him from behind.

“I’m sorry for not be able to serve you much.”

“No need to apologize. I understand. You’re a hardworking man. But you’re a father now so you need to take care of yourself too.” Mr. Seo patted Yonghwa’s shoulder. “I still remember the day Joohyun told me that she likes someone. I was surprised and scared at the same time.”

“Scared? Why?” Yonghwa looked at him with a curious look.

“As you know, Joohyun don’t date

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter