Labour room_II

I Can Never Stop Loving You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yonghwa’s short nap had awoken by a noise. A nurse accidently dropped the medical tray on the floor. He opened his eyes to find he was falling asleep on the hospital couch. He rubbed his eyes and looked around the hallway. There were a few nurses going back and forth, doing their stuff. He wiped his face with both his hands and glanced at his watch.

It has been five hours since Seohyun left in the labour room. And he still got no answer from the nurses regarding his wife’s condition. He released a heavy sigh. He was worried about her and their baby.

 

*flashback*

At the moment, a female doctor walked, approaching the counter. “Are you Mrs. Seo Joohyun’s husband?” asked the doctor with a plain face. She was a little shorter than Seohyun, with chubby figure and wearing half-framed spectacles. Kang Ha Young, written on her name tag.

“Yes, I am. Can I see my wife?” Yonghwa looked at the doctor, patiently waiting for her answer.

The doctor sighed. “I’m afraid you can’t, Mr. Jung.” She put the stethoscope around her neck.

 “What?” Yonghwa frowned. “Is she okay? Is the baby okay?” He was more restless than before.

The doctor stayed silent for quite a moment. She was trying to find the easier words to explain his wife’s condition.

“Calm down, Mr. Jung.” Dr. Kang cleared . “Your wife is fine. But her baby is in breech position which means the baby poised to come out buttocks or feet first.”

Yonghwa nodded. He understood what the doctor means. Thanks to stack of parenting magazines that Seohyun bought for herself. At least he knew how to handle himself in such situation.

“So in order to save both, baby and mother, we need to perform a Caesarean section. And the procedure might take a few hours.” Dr. Kang explained.

“Will it be any risk?” Yonghwa asked. He was worried.

“When her water broke, she was also bleeding. Don’t worry, Mr. Jung. We’ll do our best.” Dr. Kang smiled to Yonghwa, giving him an assurance.

“Please, save my wife and our baby.” Yonghwa looked at the doctor with eyes full of hopes.  

Dr. Kang nodded and walked away from the hallway. Yonghwa leaned against the wall, feeling restless. His heart beats faster.

******

 

Yonghwa got up from the couch and walked back and forth in front of the operation room. He kept glancing at the operation room door, hoping for good news. But it seemed no one will send him any good news in the meantime. He sat down, and stood up again, and sat again. He closed his face with his palm and praying in his heart.

I don’t know why but this restlessness is killing me. I hate this feeling. Dear God, please save my wife and our baby. That’s all I’m asking from You.

Suddenly, someone patted his shoulder. It was Dr. Kang. She was in her surgery garments. Yonghwa rapidly stood up.

“Mr. Jung, congratulation. You have a healthy baby girl.” said Dr. Kang. Smile cornered her lips.

Yonghwa sighed of relief with a smile on his face. Thank God. Tears of happiness begin to form in his eyes. If he wasn’t in the hallway of the operati

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter