Conciousness

I Can Never Stop Loving You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yonghwa entered the hospital with heavy steps. His face looked tired, his eyes were full of sorrow. He wasn’t the same playful and jolly Yonghwa. His smile seemed to fade away ever since Seohyun was admitted to the hospital. Seohyun had been unconscious for almost a week and he visited her almost every day with hope that she would wake up.

 

*flashback*

The night passed. And the morning sun shines. The maternity ward was pretty much busy even on that early in the morning. Well, there was countless of pregnant mother is waiting to deliver every day. Yonghwa was sleeping on the hospital couch in the ward hallway. It marked the second day he spent his night sleeping on the hospital couch. At the moment, a nurse patted his shoulder, tried to wake him up.

Yonghwa hastily woke up and fixed his messy hair. “Yes?” He looked at the nurse.

“Your wife...” said the nurse with a plain expression.

Yonghwa looked at her with full of question in his eyes, but he didn’t seem bothered to ask. He glanced at Seohyun’s room and saw two nurses were walking in and out the room. One of them were escorted Dr. Kang into the room with the blood pressure machine in her hand. He was confused. He didn’t know what happen to Seohyun but he was sure something had happened.

“Hyun...” Yonghwa called her name silently as his heart beating faster. He slowly walked to the room, approaching the nurses who were gathered around his wife.

Dr.Kang was standing on the right side of the bed, checking Seohyun’s eyes with her penlight then checking the ECG machine and told something to the nurse. Yonghwa just stood near the curtain, watching whatever they were doing. He couldn’t understand the medical term they were using but he suspected something happen to his wife.

“Doctor...” Yonghwa called for Dr.Kang. He was eager to know the truth.

“Her suture showed recovery and there’s nothing serious so far.” said Dr.Kang while put the penlight in her robe’s front pocket.

“But why she isn’t wake up until now?”  

“That’s because her body is still very weak due to the blood loss while she gives birth to your daughter. Her blood pressure is still low.” explained Dr. Kang.

“When will she wake up?” Yonghwa looked at his wife. He was trying to hide his sad eyes.

“I can’t tell. It depends on Mrs. Joohyun herself. Her body is weak but her spirits aren’t. It might take some times for her to wake up but keep praying, Mr. Jung. Never lose hope on her.” Dr. Kang encouraged him. She knew Yonghwa was distressed. Well, who wasn’t? Especially when the one you love was in unconscious state.

******

 

Yonghwa stepped out from the elevator and walked to Seohyun’s room. Suddenly, he saw Dr.Kang walk hurriedly to Seohyun’s room, with a nurse following her. He froze. He didn’t know how to react. His heart pounded rapidly. He could even hear his own heartbeat. He looked around, with eyes full of questions. He gathered all the courage and slowly walked into the room. He wasn’t ready to face any possibility that might happen to his wife but like it or not, he knew he needed to face the reality. He entered the room. The courage he had seemed to fade away as he saw Seohyun’s unmoving feet. Then, he heard a moan, almost a whisper. He gulped. He recognized the voice very well but he wasn’t sure if it was only his imagination.

“Mr. Jung...your wife has gained consciousness.” said Dr. Kan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter