State of Confusion "What Is Love" Assignments

Secrets of The Eclipse

Elayna woken up and found her mom preparing breakfast. She saw how mad her mom were when uncle Chanyeol placed the chopsticks wrongly. 

"So what are you gonna make?" Elayna ask, as she knew she will want to spend as much time with her mom more than anything in the world. "Huh? Oh just pancakes, toasts, eggs and bacon" 

"May I help?" Elayna offered and her mom nodded "Sure! Help me mix the pancake batter will you" she said and Elayna pulled up her sleeves and started helping. 

When everything was set and placed at the dining table, everyone's eyes went wide as they see the various food placed. "Wow...they look delicious!" the 11 boys said. Elayna saw Kris and Ren eyeing her as well as her mother. Elayna looked down and fiddled with her necklace. 

They all sat down and started eating, complimenting how delicious the food were. D.O. and Baekhyun started fighting over bacon and saw D.O. did mehrong. Elayna was surprised she never seen this side of her uncles before. Thens he saw her mom laughing and then a tear fell instantly making the whole room quiet. 

"Thank you everyone" her mom said and Elayna knew something must've happen. She knew why. *grandma and grandpa* Elayna thought. 

*what are you thinking about?* she heard someone's voice and looked at Ren and their eyes met 

Elayna smiled and replied *my mum, crying I heard dad said something about this to my uncles some time ago* 

Ren was quiet after that knowing the subject dropped after getting that kind of answer. Then she heard her mom's chair scrape and she ran inside the kitchen in an instant Elayna pickd up her empty plate and followed behind her. She witness her mom's face growing red. "Gwenchana ___-sshi?" Elayna ask. She can't call her *eomma* or there will be even more confusion. 

"I'm fine" her mom replied "Just had some thoughts" 

"Thoughts about what?" Elayna turned and her eyes went wide as she saw right in front of her, her own dad coming in the kitchen and placed the dirty plate in the sink. 

"Uhm nothing...I'll just go" her mom said looking flushed as she ran out of the kitchen and Elayna flinched when she heard the door slam. Her eyes were staring at her dad's tall figure and turned around. She went to find Ren still finishing his food and she decided to wait for him in the living room. 

After the breakfast table cleaned up by her uncle Suho and D.O. the 12 sat all around her in the living room. She couldn't understand why they called her mom *princess* and it made her confused and wondered what will happen next. 

She heard a door opened and her mom appeared wearing nice clothing "Well I'm going" she announced and the minute her mom was out the door the 12 scrambled out as well. Elayna looked at Ren and he nodded "We'll follow her" 

Elayna and Ren went to the motorcycle and soon they followed arriving at Dongdaemun. "Whoa" was all Elayna could said "I haven't been here in ages!" 

"Come on! We can't waste any more time" Ren said pulling her inside the building. Elayna doesn't like to be dragged around pulled her hand back and snapped "Stop doing that!" she walked first followed by Ren behind her. 

The few hours were a bore as she saw her mom going in and out of shops with excitement and content shown upon her face. "She must be happy" Elayna thought as she see her mom looking at a bracelet and her mom's eyes went wide placing the bracelet back to its place. 

After she left she saw her uncle bought the same bracelet for her. "How lucky" Elayna mumbled. Ren who were beside her just kept quiet. 

Finally the day grew darker and she followed her mom who were walking and end up hailing the taxi. "Well I think it's time for us to get home too" Ren announced and Elayna just nodded as they rode on the motorcycle and was soon going home taking a shortcut so to arriver earlier than her mom. 

After arriving Elayna sneaked in and saw her uncles sleeping. She saw the gifts wrapped in a corner and knew they bought something special for her mom. "They are so sweet" she thought as she sneaked to go upstairs and freshen up. She heard the bedroom slam and knew her mom was already home. 

Elayna heard the door opened and Elayna decided to go downstairs. When she got down Ren was already in the living room watching TV alone while the 12 were still sleeping. 

She went in the kitchen and saw her mom rummaging the fridge. "What are you doing?" Elayna ask starling her mom. "I'm making dinner. Want to help?" 

"Sure!" Elayna said washing her hands and helped out to cook for dinner. "I wanna ask where did you get that necklace?" her mom ask 

Startled Elayna decided to lie "Is a gift...from someone" 

"Oh from who?" her mom ask again

"Uhm..." Elayna mumbled "my mom" tears falling from her eyes as she stopped cutting the onions. Her mom saw her tears and her eyes were soft as she hugged Elayna. Elayna knew this moment she will cherish it forever. 

"Eomma...died when I was a baby" Elayna said crying and sobbing. "Don't worry! I'm sure she's in a better place now..just like my eomma and appa" 

Elayna knew the sincererity in her mom's voice "I hope so..." Elayna answered. Her mom patted her back and said "Well why not we finish cooking and we can have a girly time together! What do you say?" her mom offered and Elayna couldn't help but smile. "Sounds like a plan" she said cheerfully wiping the tears from her eyes. 

Then she saw Ren  coming in and she felt her heart racing. "What the heck is wrong with me?!" Elayna thought as he smiled and said "What are you doing?" 

"U-uh...helping eo-___ cook.." Elayna said almost called her mom *eomma*. Ren smiled and replied "Oh, okay. I'll be in the TV room if you need me" he said before leaving the kitchen. 

"So how long have you and Ren been together?" her mom ask and Elayna who was still recovering replied "Huh? Who?" 

"Ren...are you okay? You look a bit..flushed" she asked and Elayna hid it "Oh...not that long....I'm fine..I'll finish chopping" she said hiding her blushing face from her mom. "What is this feeling?" Elayna thought. 

She went to called them for dinner and she saw the 12 (including her dad) had something behind their backs. She knew it were the presents they bought for her. 

"What are you hiding?" her mom ask them as Elayna saw one by one showed them the gifts they bought "Omo...why so many presents? I mean...kamsahamnida" her mom said with a smile upon her face placing it aside "I'll open it after dinner" she said "Let's eat first" 

They nodded and Elayna started to get the sidedishes when her eyes met with Ren's gaze. *stop staring at me* she said knowing Ren can hear her as well as Luhan who was confused. Ren looked away as Elayna got the prawns in front of her and took a bite of the bowl of rice. 

"So what what you all been doing while I was out?" her mom ask so suddenly. Her eyes were on to every one of the 12 who looked guilty. "Oh...we" her uncle Baekhyun started but she saw her uncle Chanyeol elbowed him 

"We were at home....watching that thing...what did you call it television...yeah.." her uncle Chanyeol answered. Elayna's eyes went wide. *they actually dare to lie in front of her mom....aren't they scared of her?* 

"yeah" the rest said and Elayna's snorted and mumbled "dirty little liars" only to be kicked by Sehun who glared at her "Shhh" he whispered. Elayna smirked 

"Seriously though, if you were at home where did all these presents come from? Heaven?" her mom ask suspicious with their weird reactions. They were apologetic except for her dad who kept his poker face *seriously dad* Elayna thought. 

Luhan were even more curious as she look at him and continued eating. *I need to be discreet* she thought as she shove another mouthful of rice in . 

"Don't tell me you all followed me today?' her mom scoffed "Wow...all of you are truly unbelievable"

"We had to follow you" her dad said witha  calm tone and Elayna was scared. "We are your guardians we have to protect you wherever you go" he answered with a straight face eating his portion of food. 

"I see...but can I ask you all one question" sipping her drink her mom continued "Do you know what love is?" Elayna's eyes went wide and she knew this was a homework too hard for the 12 to answer. "Love?!' they answered and Elayna knew it is also same goes to her. "What is love?" Elayna thought. 

"Well? Do you all know what love was?" her mom ask only to received shrugs. She could see her mom sigh and said "All of you are truly bizzarre! You all can't find love at your planet?" they shrugged once again and it made Elayna thought *don't they even get married?* 

Her mom placed a hand on Elayna's shoulders and said "I give you all till tomorrow to figure it out!" she said with a wink "This goes for you too..." Elayna was even more confused "Me? Love?"

After dinner as promised Elayna went to sit in her mom's room and saw the surrounding "Wow...your room is so awesome eo-sorry ___" Elayna said, biting her tongue. "Thanks" she answered 

"So care to tell me how you and Ren met?" she ask sitting on her bed and Elayna sat beside her. "Well is a long story really"

"I have all night" her mom said with a soft smile "Well it all started really strange...he just appeared out of nowhere in my room" 

"Oh...just like I had with the 12...now they are living in my house....not knowing about my own past"  Elayna's eyes went straight to the necklace. "Hey that's a nice necklace...same like mine" her mom ask 

"Uhm yeah...I got from my mom....I wish I can remember how she look like but now I feel she's even more closer than I thought she'd be" Elayna said, with a soft sigh.

"Eh? What do you mean?" her mom ask 

"I-I'm from the future" she said 

"EH????!!" her mom said, surprised. The door banged open and 12 eyes were on the two girls sitting on the bed. "YAH!!!" her mom yelled at them "Look at what you did to my room door!" 

"Sorry" they said all together. "Sorry doesn't fix my door! Fix it now before I go to bed!" she said and they rushed looking for tools to get to fix the door. Her mom sat back down on the bed and were looking straight into Elayna's eyes. 

"Well? Care to explain?" her mom said, and Elayna knew this so well "Time will tell...but not now...I also need to know more about you"

Her mom let out a sigh and Elayna knew she gave up "Is fine. Gwenchana....I'll be here if you are ready to tell me...I too not sure of my own past. Is so weird" 

"Well I better let you go to bed. Goodnight eomma" Elayna said and realize her mistake making her mom frozen in place "Eomma?!" she said aloud 

"Err I can explain that, not now...bye! Night!" Elayna said running away towards her bedroom locking it shut. "Phew! That was too close!" she sat on her bed and went to sleep. She knew there will be a lot to explain about very soon. 

AN: Hi! Haha yeah I decided to add something here...ok so that's that...ehehehe yeah....I'll update tomorrow! Wish me luck! Don't forget to leave a comment! Tootles! :D