Seeing Something That Causes Heartbreak

Secrets of The Eclipse

Elayna woken up early the next morning feeling rejuvenated after the sleep she had. She saw Minki too woken up as well and fed him milk. She look out the window and saw a sort of like a birdcage with a small little white bird perched on top of it. 

After feeding the baby she got up and went to get dressed but something caught her eye as it was hung by the chair. She knew it was meant for her. She quickly worn the dress and look at herself in the mirror

"I feel like Cinderella" she said aloud and there was a knock at the door. "Come in" she said and the door opened revealing JiEun 

"Miss, the king and queen would like you to join them for breakfast at the dining hall. They personally asked me to you there" 

"Oh. Alright! W-what about the baby?" she ask and JiEun said "Do not worry miss, the queen requested a nurse to take care of him for you" Elayna nodded as a young nurse who look about 18 years old came in.

Elayna followed JiEun and soon they arrived at the dining hall where she saw the king and queen as well as Ren were already sitting at their seats. Elayna bowed and sat down politely. "How did you sleep Elayna?" Queen Hyori ask and Elayna replied "Splendid your majesty" 

"Good! I hope you had a nice rest after your dinner" Queen Hyori said and Elayna nodded "I did. Thank you for your concern your highness" 

"So Miss Elayna, care to tell us about your family background?" King Andy said and Elayna was surprised by the sudden question. 

"I lived with my dad and the 11 guardians of the Eclipse who would come often to our home. My mother passed away when I saw young at the age of three due to an accident which I found out recently and I found I am the descendant of the Eclipse ring" she explained

"I see. You have both your father and mother's traits I suppose. Rather courageous for a young lady such as yourself" King Andy said. 

Elayna nodded despite the fact that she was embarrassed. Then she heard a voice she wished she'd never heard again. "Good morning your highnesses, and Ren" 

Her eyes widen as she turned her head and were face-to-face with Seolhyun. "Oh, Miss Elayna. You're here" Seolhyun said with a bright tone. 

"Yes..I am....it's nice to see you again Princess Seolhyun" Elayna said politely eventhough deep inside she was confused as she saw Ren and Seolhyun sitting side by side.

"Princess Seolhyun and Prince Minki will be married soon. Their wedding were postponed after a war struck Nu'est right after they came back" Queen Hyori said and Elayna felt her heart shattering bit by bit. 

Elayna was being polite as she answered the questions asked by the king and queen avoiding the glances of Ren who was constantly being distracted by Seolhyun. She never felt angry nor jealous before. 

As she finished her meal, she excused herself thanking the king and queen and soon left the dining room area before anyone could utter a single word. 

In the room the nurse left as soon as Elayna came in laid down beside the sleeping baby his chubby cheek "Minki-ah...ottokaji? I don't know what to do anymore"

She sighed and looked at the sleeping baby beside her. "You're the only one in my life now. I knew coming here was a bad idea" she said. The heartbreak was just a beginning as she will see more of what she didn't expect but what will happen changes everything. 

AN:Hi! Just a quick one before I go to bed! Hope everyone like it. Will update tomorrow most probably...soon. Bye for now!