#Request: Zh1912

(Shop) ❝ Atemporal ❞ Story Request Shop || CLOSED & COMPLETED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Love bond

Relationship:

Genre: Romance with light , Arranged marriage

Idol pair: VKook (V and Jungkook of BTS)

Character setting: Omegaverse AU

Story and character description: Kim Taehyung has fallen for Jeon Jungkook secretly since they were kids. Taehyung was so happy to know his parents arranged him to marry the guy he loved but because of this arranged marriage, Jungkook began to hate him. Taehyung tried to stay the same kind him towards Jungkook but Jungkook’s hatred drove him to change and ignored Jungkook coldly. How the marriage will turn up now a girl found flirting with Taehyung?

 

“What?” The two looked at their parents in shock. One was with pleasant shock while one looked with terrified shock.

“Why him?” The younger of the two said. His mother looked at him.

“Because why not? Kookie, you know Taehyung since young, that’s a good one reason. Not that I arranged your marriage to be with some strangers.” His mother said. “Plus Taehyung is a good handsome guy.” The guy in question just smiled softly, thankful for the praise. Jungkook huffed and rubbed his face.

“But-”

“No buts. Behave, Jungkook. You’re going to get married with Taehyung no matter what.” Jungkook’s father said in firm tone while looked at the Kim couple apologetically. Jungkook bit his lips, leaned into his seat in defeated. He really didn’t like the idea. He felt the elder guy was looking at him, Jungkook didn’t turn ignoring the elder completely. The dinner went on with the parents talked among them about the marriage.

“Jungkook, wait.” Taehyung called up the younger when the guy went upstairs after dinner. Jungkook ignored the call and just walked away. Taehyung managed to catch the wrist. “Jungkook.”

“I don’t like their plan and I want you to know that I won’t like it forever. I hate it.” Jungkook said, snapping his hand away and left. Taehyung blinked, startled to the response. He felt a tinge of sadness and bit his lips. They’re a good friend previously, even though Jungkook is one year younger, they treated each other like a friend. So Jungkook didn’t call him hyung, and their friendship is better than this. Taehyung felt hurt when Jungkook gave a look of distaste earlier. ‘Does he really hate the idea so much?’

Compared to Jungkook, Taehyung is happy with the arranged marriage. Well, he has feelings for Jungkook for the long he remembered. So he was thankful when he heard the news over the dinner earlier. Taehyung sighed as he went down the stairs. ‘Perhaps he needs time to accept, well this is sudden anyway.’ Taehyung tried to console himself and smiled again.

 

 

How his words had been wrong, Taehyung bit his lips. It had been two weeks since the news of marriage dropped onto him and Jungkook, and since then Jungkook ignored him to no end. Every time he went to the house, Jungkook won’t even look, talk or reply to his question. Only when his parents spoke up, Jungkook will give curt and short reply to him. Taehyung felt hurt every time but he tried not to lose his cool. The next week, Jungkook will attend classes for his final semester; currently the younger was still in college while Taehyung worked for his father. As they now somewhat ‘engaged’, Jungkook’s father passed the job to send and pick up Jungkook at the college to Taehyung. Jungkook protested so hard but his father won’t listen while Taehyung thought maybe it should have been his chance to try start over with Jungkook again.

But that’s the start of another disaster and outcome.

The first day, Jungkook obediently went with Taehyung. The ride was so silence, Taehyung tried to talk but Jungkook gave no response. When Taehyung asked Jungkook about the time to pick up (even though he practically already knew as he received a copy of Jungkook’s timetable from Jungkook’s mother), the younger finally spoke one word to him after two weeks and two days. “Three.” With that, Jungkook left as they had arrived. Taehyung smiled even with tiny response – at least he got one – before he drove away. Because he just listened to Jungkook’s answer, Taehyung didn’t check the timetable he had, just to realize that Jungkook actually had lie.

After finish his class at one, Jungkook sneaked around the place Taehyung dropped him off that morning and smiled seeing there’s no Taehyung around. That meant that’s his lies succeeded. Jungkook left the college to the town, spending time with his friends over lunch and a movie. He was with his friends until seven, and he did silent his phone.

Taehyung waited at the same place sharp at three, he got permission to leave as his boss aka his father knew Taehyung got the job to pick up Jungkook starting that day. He waited there patiently, thinking it might take some time for the younger to come out. But when it’s almost half an hour, Taehyung felt restless. He thought an hour will sufficient for him picking up Jungkook but now he didn’t have much time. Taehyung took his phone and called Jungkook’s number.  And of course, no answer. Taehyung tried dialing the number few times and no one answered. He couldn’t sit still and got out from his car, looking over to the building. No familiar figure. Taehyung bit his lips, trying to call Jungkook’s number again. Failing for numerous time, Taehyung had the guts to check the timetable and he was shocked to know the actual time.

“Two hours ago?” Taehyung bit his lips, thinking. He didn’t realize someone approach him.

“Sir? May I help you? You look so lost since you come out from the car.” Taehyung jerked slightly and found a guy standing beside him. Out of habit, Taehyung sniffed secretly wanted to confirm this guy meant no harm. Taehyung was glad he sensed a kind aura of an alpha on that guy. He smiled awkwardly.

“I suppose to pick up my partner, he told me the class ended at three but he’s nowhere to be seen.” Taehyung dropped the matter that he knew the class wasn’t end at three. The unknown guy hummed.

“Who is the name and what major? I maybe didn’t know all people in the college but maybe I know your partner, sir.” Taehyung nodded.

“Jeon Jungkook, final year student of electrical engineering.”

“Oh, I’m in the same major but a junior. Jungkook sunbae… I know him. But I think I saw him leaving already.” The guy thought for a while. “Yeah, he did. I come back from early lunch to attend my class at 1.30 pm and saw him leaving the college.”

Taehyung hummed. “Oh. Do you see he left with whom?”

“I think his group of friends. Not sure, but he’s not alone and not with some strangers.” Taehyung nodded.

“Hm, that’s okay. At least I know he’s safe. Thanks anyway… uh.” The guy smiled.

“I’m Choi Chani.”

“Ah, thanks Chani.” Chani smiled and nodded. Taehyung excused himself and got into his car while Chani continued his journey home. Taehyung gripped the steering wheel, feeling hot and angry from inside. He took his phone again and opened texting apps, typing and sending a message to Jungkook. And then he drove back to work with foul mood.

To Kookie: We need to talk. I will find you after work.

 

 

“Do you really hate the arranged marriage?” Taehyung asked. They were both in Jungkook’s room. Jungkook saw Taehyung’s message when he was arriving at his house, kinda expected it after what he did. His parents had been waiting for him in the living room and he kind of expected his parents were mad as he spotted Taehyung’s shoes at the door. Jungkook thought he’s going to get a word or two from his parents when his father just coldly told him to get upstairs as Taehyung was waiting in his room. Both of his parents gave a look to threaten him going up without a word.

Jungkook was placing his bag when Taehyung asked that. He saw the look on Taehyung’s eyes were different as usual. No longer warm and Jungkook felt suffocated to that but he masked it well. “Answer me, Jungkook.” Taehyung said when Jungkook stayed silent. The voice was void of emotion. The younger turned to him, their eyes met. Jungkook shivered inward when he only found icy stares in those eyes of Taehyung.

“Yes, I hate it.”

“Why?” Taehyung asked standing up from the bed he was sitting. Jungkook kept his eyes on Taehyung.

“Because I don’t agree. I don’t even like you, I hate this arrangement. Ugh, I hate it. I hate you.” Jungkook blurted out frustratingly. Taehyung froze on his spot to Jungkook’s words. It left scar on his heart and it bleed as his head can’t stop replaying Jungkook’s last sentence. I hate you.

Because the lack of response, Jungkook stared closely at the elder. Taehyung wasn’t looking at him for a while. A pregnant silence passed by before Taehyung turned to look at Jungkook. “Fine. If that’s so.” Taehyung said as he stepped towards the door. Jungkook frowned, slightly disturbed to the dejected tone. He didn’t say anything as he watched Taehyung disappeared behind the door. Jungkook stood there unmoving for short while.

Taehyung smiled and bade his goodbye when he saw Jeon couple at the living room. The parents smiled, the mother sent him to the door. Taehyung kept his smile until he was at his car. He purposely parked a bit away from the Jeon’s resident earlier and now he was thankful that he did so. Getting into the car, Taehyung sat still, eyes b with tears but not spilling. He stared blankly to the front. Not really knowing how long he did stay like that, Taehyung later drove back home with wounded heart and blank face.

It was the start of the day Taehyung and Jungkook no longer talking.

The next day over breakfast, Mr Jeon said that Taehyung will still drive and pick up Jungkook no matter what and the father warned him if Jungkook tried to do something like yesterday again he’s going to get punished. Jungkook didn’t like to anger his father knowing it could be doomed for him so he listened obediently. It’s one of why he hated the arrangement, because he could never go against his parents. He hated how he was forced. His mother also didn’t side with him, well the mother always stood by what is good for her son and currently she felt the arranged marriage is the best for Jungkook.

Jungkook felt weird once he stepped into the car. Taehyung didn’t even look at him, let alone talk. When they arrived and Jungkook got down the car, Taehyung drove away right after Jungkook closed the door. The younger felt a tinge of sadness, but very little. And when he ended his class, he already saw Taehyung’s car waiting. Didn’t want to anger his father (or maybe deep inside of him he felt guilty for yesterday), he went home with Taehyung. The same cycle went on for a month and Jungkook felt terribly disturb when the kind Taehyung turned so cold, he wasn’t use to it. Now he even felt awkward to be with Taehyung or be near him. The Kim and Jeon often got a dinner together during weekends, even before the marriage was told. So Jungkook saw Taehyung often and he felt heavily affected with changes in Taehyung.

One day, for the first time after what happened, Taehyung sent text to Jungkook when he was in the class.

From Taehyung: I’m not gonna pick you up today. Your father knows already and told me that you need to come home by your own.

Jungkook bit his lips. ‘Not even a sorry or explain why he can’t come.’ He sighed and continued to focus on his class. It passed like a wind as Jungkook wasn’t exactly focusing. His head was thinking about the time had passed and how bad it’s between him and Taehyung. They weren’t attached by hip even they’re friend since young but at least it’s comfortable to talk, nothing like what they’re now. Jungkook bit his lips. ‘Did I go too much?’ Jungkook questioned himself that he even didn’t know the answer.

The class was done and Jungkook went out to get home. He turned to the usual spot and found no familiar car. Jungkook sighed, unconsciously lacing with disappointment. He looked at his wristwatch and hummed. Suddenly he was hit with ideas and went further to hail a taxi. Lucky his college wasn’t too far from nearby town so it was in the taxi’s radar. Jungkook told the address to the driver and the taxi moved away. Jungkook watched outside as the car moved. Soon he arrived at his destination and paid for the fare before going out as he thanked the driver. He turned to the building in front of him, across the road. Jungkook sighed.

“What the hell I’m here?” Jungkook cursed himself, couldn’t understand his impulsive decision just now. Here he was, standing in front of Taehyung’s workplace. Jungkook looked at the building for a while before decided to take taxi back home. He didn’t know why he was there and what he tried to achieve by coming here. As he tried to get a taxi, he saw a familiar male across the road walking to the building entrance. Beside him, there’s a girl. Judging from the way she appeared, Jungkook was sure the girl is an omega like him. He narrowed his eyes when he saw the girl placed her arm around the male’s as she pushed him to walk faster. The male looked calm but a chuckle came from him, so do the girl. They were talking in front of the building. The girl beamed as she held the male’s face, one hand playfully ruffled the hair. The male looked fluster but let her did that, not really trying to stop her. She smiled and leaned closer to whisper before giving a short peck on his cheek. The male just gave short smile and the girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter