#Request: sehundazed

(Shop) ❝ Atemporal ❞ Story Request Shop || CLOSED & COMPLETED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Business engagement, or Not?

Relationship: Normal

Genre: Romance with slight angst

Characters: Lay [EXO] and Choi Hana (OC)

Characters setting: College students

Story and characters description: Lay, the bad boy and Hana, cold college president have this cat and dog relationship. She hates the boy's guts and the boy was amused by her strong character. And when one day they found out they were engaged by their parents’ agreement for business matters, will the engagement continues as business relationship or will it develops into something more?

 

“Hana, meet your parents-in-law.” 

Hana was literally rolling her eyes inside but being a good girl to her parents, she flashed a fake smile. She already knew about the engagement her parents agreed without her concern and she can’t argue them at all. The father-in-law-to-be was smiling greatly while the mother praised her beauty. Hana politely thanked them.

“I have to apologize for my son’s lateness. He’s working hard to finish his assignments so he’s running late from the library.” The mother said. Hana gave a roll of eyes behind their back.

‘I wonder that’s the truth…’ Hana whispered to herself. The mothers were talking about the engagement and marriage while the fathers talked about their work. Choi’s empire is going to combine with Star enterprise, Hana’s father-in-law-to-be company – one of the reasons that this engagement happened. Hana just smiled and replied here and there each time the mother-in-law-to-be included her in their talks.

“Ah, my Hana is the college president. I think your son know her. They attended the same college.” Hana startled. Her mother didn’t tell her anything at all about her future husband. Not even which family is, she got to know the family just now and of course, she didn’t have time to look on the rich family in front of her. The husband’s mother smiled.

“I didn’t get the time to tell him about Hana. He refused to listen.” The mother looked at Hana. “I’m sorry if he’s going to hurt you. That boy is a bit rough and senseless. But don’t worry, you can always tell me if he done something bad to you. I will talk to him later to be good to you. You have me on your back fully, Hana.” Hana just awkwardly nodded and smiled. Well, so she’s not the only one didn’t want this marriage to happen. Perhaps she can persuade her future husband to stop the marriage as she can’t. Or…maybe not.

“Sorry I’m late.” Everybody turned to the voice. Hana blinked in surprise and got up at instant. The male also looked at her direction.

“You!” / “Don’t tell me…”

“Oh, you two know each other.” Hana’s mother got up and smiled to the newcomer. “You must be Hana’s future husband. Nice to meet you, I’m Hana’s mother.” The male didn’t hear that introduction as his eyes fixed on Hana. Hana grunted unconsciously. Her polite manner already gone once she saw him. Her number 1 enemy in the college.

“Lay. Have some manner; your mother-in-law is talking to you.” Lay startled when his mother nudged his side. He didn’t even realize when did his mother stood beside him. Lay quickly turned to Hana’s mother.

“Nice to meet you too, auntie. I’m Lay.”

“I won’t do this marriage, mommy, daddy.” Hana said quickly and left. Hana’s parents startled. Lay’s parents frowned. Mr. Choi quickly apologized for that and assured them the marriage will still go like planned. The other man nodded in understanding and let the Chois leave after their daughter. Lay turned his parents when Mr. and Mrs. Choi left. Mr. Zhang narrowed his eyes on his son.

“Tell me, Zhang Yixing. What did you ever done to your future wife? I see you know her.” Lay bit his lips and scratching his hair. His delay made the father gave a deep glare. Mrs. Zhang just stayed silent in between the two males.

 

 

Hana groaned and threw the pillow away. She was nagged by her parents along the way back to Choi’s mansion. Her father insisted for the marriage and she will be engaged in a week. Hana gritted her teeth and punched the bed angrily. “Damn! Out of everyone, why it has to be that stupid, bad jerk?” Hana growled. Her mind went crazy a moment she saw him there.

(Flashback – in college)

“So you’re the famous president?” Hana was stopped by three guys after closing her locker. She looked up with the usual cold face. The flashes of faces in front of her gave her clues of their identities. Hana would always remember the faces and basic details of bad students for her own good as the college president.

“What do you want?” The middle guy smirked. He had dusty blonde hair and few inches tall than Hana, somehow the tallest among the other two guys. Hana didn’t back out or even flinch when he bent over Hana a little bit.

“You know what I want, Miss President.” Hana snickered and pushed the tall male’s shoulder with her hand. Even not that strong but managed to get some distance again. The guy looked at her, amused by her strong personality.

“I don’t know that and I don’t even want to know. Excuse me, you’re blocking my way and I’m running late for my class.” Hana said, brushing off the other two males who gave her a way. Hana chuckled inside as she can see slight fear in the other two guys. Hana gasped when her wrist caught by the tall male.

“I’m not finished yet, Choi Hana.”

“Let me go.” He smirked as their eyes met.

“Oh well, you’re interesting one girl. I’m going to make you fall on my feet.” Hana startled. The male smirked again. “Even I’m confident you already know my name as you’re the one reported me to the council, but I’m still introducing myself. I’m Zhang Yixing and people call me Lay. As y my name sounded, I will make sure you will be lying underneath me in our next meeting.” Hana widened her eyes and snapped. She slapped Lay with her free hand. Lay startled.

“Jerk. ert. Unmannered brat. Let me go before I report you for another assault.” Lay frowned as he touched his cheek. Hana yanked her hand away as the grip loosened. People who watched was shocked to see the famous bad boy got slapped in the middle of hallway by the president. They’re whispering, wondering why he got slapped. Lay’s friends also stunned but somehow understood the slap because they heard him. Hana gave a death glare before leaving. Lay looked at the leaving step.

“I won’t let you away! I mean it, Choi Hana!” Hana ignored the shouts and left the place quickly.

(Flashback end)

Hana messed her hair and groaned again. After that day, Lay always came and bothered her in every way he could. Flirting, touching her (which get slapped right away), picking fights, mocking, humiliating her and many more. Hana never failed to fight back and even reported it to the council but they just dismissed her as they believed Lay is just an innocent boy in love who tried his all for his crush which it’s not true at all. Lay is a sly fox which faking each of their fight like a lover fights to people’s eyes but somehow, Hana who the one is facing it was a powerless victim that can’t stop Lay but had to fight him. That’s the reason why Hana hated Lay a lot. The two developed a cat and dog relationship throughout the year. Some students and friends paired them together and always teased them to get married. Hana groaned to that thought, she felt the wants to kill people who kept saying that before and now it’s happening.

“! I won’t marry him, never!”

 

 

Contrary to what Hana wanted, she had to go through the engagement the following week. She tried her all to protest against her father but to no avail. Not when currently she’s standing before the crowd (Choi’s and Zhang’s acquaintances) and her father was about to announce the engagement. Hana wanted to run so much right now.

“I welcome the hero of the night, Zhang Yixing.” Hana just captured the last line from her father. The claps echoed through the enclosed small ballroom. Someone came closer to the stage, walking behind the crowd. Hana’s eyes followed together with the guests. She’s lying if she denied that she stunned when her eyes fell upon that male in navy blue suit. He looked so different.

Each step he took towards her, Hana could hear her heartbeat. A part of her was cursing herself and the heart but a part of her paid attention to the every detail of the male. A smile was given when he stood beside her. He turned to the father and the guests, greeting them. Hana didn’t catch any of the words when she tried not to show any of her nervousness with their closed distance. ‘What the hell is happening to me?’

“Hana?” Hana startled, a shiver sent through her spine when that voice she hated so much before called her name so softly, sweetly sincere compared to the usual sweetly playful. Hana turned. Lay was asking her hand. Hana caught the ring in his hand. It came to her that they’re doing the exchanging ring ceremony. Hana reluctantly brought her hand up. Lay just smiled and took it, putting the ring on her finger. Hana’s eyes didn’t leave the face all the time. Lay smiled and gave signals for her to put the ring on him. Hana absentmindedly followed, not like earlier when she was thinking of running away right when they’re exchanging the ring. Hana stared at the ring. ‘What I’m doing?’

The engagement party passed by like a wind to Hana. She didn’t aware of her surrounding and just notice right now she had been left alone with Lay in his car. She didn’t remember how did she ended up there but Lay already drove away calmly to somewhere she didn’t even know.

“You didn’t say a word at all, do you noticed Miss President?” Hana jumped to the sudden voice. She found that usual tone again. Hana bit her lips, regaining her composure. This is the real Lay. Just now just an act, Choi Hana. Wake up.

“Do I have a need to say anything?” Lay snickered.

“Well, you do want to get married to me? Aww, did I succeed to get you fall on my feet?” Hana groaned and turned s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter