The Guy Behind The Kitchen

My Only Angel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qIt7992To8

----------------------------------------------

 

 

 

It has been a week since you went to Seoul, lived in the dormitory and worked at the restaurant. Since the school hasn’t started, you were required to report to your work every day.  In one way or another, you had adjusted to the protocols of the restaurant. Ms. Hyohyun was a two-faced for you. Sometimes she’s so strict that blood furiously rushed through your veins, feeling you want to throw all the dirty plates at her face. But at times, mostly whenever you cause some commotion because of clumsiness, she automatically attends to you like a mother. Junsu was still cold to you. But weirdly enough, you sometimes saw him observing you. You just don’t give a damn and continue doing what you suppose to do. On the other hand, you’re very much curiously who the cook is. The only time you hear his voice is whenever you or Junsu need to get the food from the small window dividing the counter and his kitchen.

 

Another day had come. You groaned as you heard your cell phone ringing, bugging your heavenly sleep.

“Hel~~lo?” You sleepily answered.

“Nayoung here.”

“Geezz~~~ 10 more minutes please?” You hung up the call and pulled your blanked. Minutes later, you reached out your alarm clock. You rubbed your eyes for you to see the clock clearly.

“OH MY! WHAT THE?! WAAAAAAAHHHHHHH~~~” You jumped of your bed as soon you saw the clock. It was already 9:15am and you need to be in the restaurant at 9:30. Last night, you called Nayoung and requested her to give you a wake-up call at 9am.

“Stupid ~~~~~~! You’re just so stupid!” You quickly done the stuffs you’re usually doing before going to work. You checked everything and went out of your room. You just wished that time you have a supernatural power so you can teleport immediately to the restaurant.

 

You hurriedly went down to the lobby. You saw Nayoung fixing some files.

“Eonni, I’m sorry for the attitude I shown earlier.” You bowed numerous times.

“You don’t know how to say good morning?” She chucked as she saw you hit your head.

“Might as well have this and run for your life. Check out the time.” She gave me a sandwich and pointed out at the wall clock behind me.

“OH SHOOT~! Thank you for this, and I’m sorry.” You bowed for the last time and went out of the building.

 

 

Ms. Hyohyun’s angry face flashed in your mind. You cursed as you ran as fast as possible just not to be late. Of course, you just don’t want Ms. Hyohyun get angry at you.

Finally, you made it in front of the restaurant. But you hesitated to enter because you feel that Ms. Hyohyun’s angry face is waiting for you inside.

*Ok ~~~~~~ this is the plan. Go inside and apologize. Make sure to speak first before Ms. Hyohyun do. AJA~!* you gathered up all your courage and went inside.

 

“SORRY FOR BEING LATE! I promise not to be late again. Please spare me. PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!” You close your eyes as you bowed one after the other. Not knowing, Junsu awed and hold up his laughter until he can’t take it anymore.

“YAH! Will I eat you because you’re late?! Ms. Hyohyun is not around! ” Junsu laughed really hard. He stopped when he saw you hid your face in your hands. Junsu looked tensely at you.

*! Did I make her cry! You’re just so stupid Junsu!* He panicked.

“Junsu, don’t make our angel cry.” Someone sang out from the kitchen. Even though you’re standing near the entrance, you still heard it since the kitchen window was wide open.

“In your face, idiot!” Junsu cursed him. The guy from the kitchen laughed out loud. Junsu’s attention went to you when he saw you went to the locker room. He tried to follow you but he chickened out.

*Junsu, you’re a complete stupid guy!* He cursed himself.

 

You were inside the locker room. The truth was that you really didn’t cry. You just can’t show your face to him because of embarrassment.

*What a day! You’re just so unfortunate today.* you changed your clothes and fixed your things inside your locker.

*~~~~~~, just forget everything, ok?* you took a deep breath. You went outside and saw Junsu looking at you tensely.

“You! Cl-clean the en-t-trance and t-the count-ter.” He nervously ordered you. You acted as if nothing happened earlier.

*I hope she’s not angry at me. Should I treat her good today? Or not?* Junsu battled out his thought.

 

As you wipe of the dust in the counter table, you eventually took a far peek at the kitchen window. You can’t see his face because the window was leveled lowly. You just heard him humming and rapping.

*He’s inclined in music? So cute!* you giggled. Since you’re too curious about the guy, you took the opportunity to talk to him.

“Ajusshi?” you leveled your head in the window.

“I’m not that old, you know?” he chuckled.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I just…”

“…that I’m too old because of my food? Yes, I’m very much knowledgeable about cooking, but I’m not that old.” He interrupted. Once again, you have faced another embarrassing moment.

“I’m sorry!” you embarrassing said. “By the way, I’m…”

“Stop chatting and get back to work!” Junsu shouted.

“I’ll talk to you later.” You smiled and went back to work.

*such an interesting girl. But Junsu is always ruining our moment. Tsk Tsk Tsk!* he again sang as he cleaned his kitchen tools.

Junsu went close to the kitchen window. “It looks like ~~~~~~ wants to be your friend.”

“How do you say so, my man?” he rapped.

“She’s very much curious about you. And besides, anyone can be a curious to a cook who doesn’t go out of his kitchen, right?” Junsu answered as he looked at you from afar.

“You’re just jelly.” He rapped again, making Junsu giggled a little. “You’ve been acting weirdly these days, you know?” The guy laughed so loud. You heard it and looked where the noise came from. Suddenly, you met Junsu’s gaze.

“Just get back to work!” Junsu coldly said, breaking off his gaze to you.

*Are they talking about me?* you curiously thought.

 

After minutes of preparing, you now opened the restaurant for customers. You saw an Audi R8 parked in front of the restaurant. A semi-long haired guy went out from the car. Tossing his car keys from one hand to another, he makes way inside the restaurant.

“Good morning sir.” You greeted and bowed at him.

“Are you new here?” He said like he was hitting on you. He stepped near to me, leveling his face to your. You sure got struck by his beautiful eyes.

“I’ll take care of this creature. Just take care of the incoming customers.” Junsu pushed you aside.

“Why?” you whispered at him.

“You’ll see.” He warned.

“Protective Junsu, huh?” The guy chuckled as he dusted of Junsu’s shoulders.

*He knows Junsu?* you curiously looked at him. “Ok, as you said.” You just went to the counter, waiting for incoming customers.

Junsu led the guy to a table. He didn’t hand over the menu. He just spoke with him.

Minutes later, some girls went hysterically inside the restaurant. They looked as if they were finding someone until they saw the guy who entered earlier.

“OH MY GOD! It’s Yoochun!”

“I told you so. Thank God I was so right that the guy I saw entering here was Yoochun.” the other girl said.

Yoochun saw the girls’ commotion. He waved his right hand manly and elegantly to them. The girls screamed and giggled. It was like a group of fan girls saw one of their idols.

*What the?!* You raised your eyebrow.

The girls eventually stopped as soon Junsu shot a deadly stare at them. He signaled me to attend to the girls.

“Good morning.” You bowed. “Let me take you to your table.”

“There’s no need to do that, we’re almost leaving.” One girl said, not leaving Junsu’s stare. She tapped the other girls and they nodded in agreement.

“Oh yes. Sorry for the commotion.” They bowed and left the restaurant. Dumb-folded about it, you just let them leave.

“That was a nice commotion.” Yoochun pointed at the fangirls. “Junsu, you’re one great monster!” he laughed out loud. I chuckled because of Yoochun’s cuteness.

*He’s handsome, but he’s surely childish.*

Junsu coughed, signaling you and Yoochun to stop.

“So, what really brings you here?” Junsu asked seriously.

“Oh well, Ms. Hyohyun just asked me to be your temporary boss. She said she has some things to work on.” Yoochun played again at his car keys.

“Y-YOU?! … Our boss?... MY boss?!” Junsu was shocked at the sudden replacement.

“Don’t worry dude! You know me, I don’t like these stuffs. It’s just that Ms. Hyohyun asked my parents for this. Obviously, my parents agreed and they ordered me to do it. I’ll just be here until the class starts.” Yoochun stood up, tapped Junsu’s shoulders, and went to me.

“Hi pretty lady. I’m Park Yoochun.” He reached out his hands.

“I’m Park ~~~~~~. Nice to meet you.” You bowed respectfully, ignoring Yoochun’s hand for a handshake. He chuckled and pulled his hands out.

“Oh! We are both Park!” He held up my hand and faced Junsu. You laughed at his childish attitude.

“Whatever.” He rolled his eyes and went to the counter. *Another idiot! Dare hitting on ~~~~~~?!*

 

Hours passed by very quickly. You didn’t know it was almost your closing time until all customers left already.

*Oh! I wasn’t able to get ajusshi’s name!* you ran at the kitchen window.

“Are you still there?” you peeked inside.

“He left already.” Junsu butted it.

“Ahh. Ok.” You nodded in disappointment.

“YAH! Don’t just stand there! Help me clean this all!” He pointed at all the mess.

“Ok… Mr. Arrogant.” You whispered the last part.

“Did you just say anything?” Junsu smirked at you.

“Non…nothing.” You said in disbelief. *This guy sure has big ears.*

 

Minutes later, you both finished cleaning and fixing everything. He first entered the locker room, followed by you. Your jaws dropped as you saw him ing his polo.

*! What was he trying to do?* you panicked.

Junsu saw you. *Stupid Junsu!* He stopped whatever he was doing.

“I-I’ll just g-get my thing a-and…” you panicky said as you covered your eyes using your hands.

“N-NO!” Junsu shouted embarrassingly. “I’ll just get my things and change in the CR.” He hurriedly got his things and went outside the room.

*Gosh! That was close!* you put your hands in your chest as you felt your heart went ba-bump.

 

You went out of the locker room. Junsu did a final check inside the restaurant.

“Just wait for me outside.” Junsu ordered you.

As he said, you went out of the restaurant. You saw a blonde guy stopped in front of you.

“Uhm, sorry sir but we’re already close. Just come back…” you bowed as you apologized.

“Did you forgot something inside?” Junsu interrupted you.

“Huh? What are you talking about Junsu?” you asked.

“I just want to meet my pretty co-worker.” The guy pointed at you. Junsu just gave a chuckle.

“Co-worker?! Which means you’re…”

“Yes, I’m the ajusshi you’re talking to a while ago.” He chuckled. “I’m Lee Byunghun. Nice to meet you.” He held out his hand for a handshake. Shockingly, you accepted it.

*Woah did she just accept his handshake? But she didn’t accept Yoochun’s!” Junsu eyed at him.

“Nice to meet you.” You prettily smiled at him. “and thanks for the food you cooked to me when I passed out days ago.”

“That was nothing. Just tell me, and I’ll be happy to cook for you.” He winked at you. You sure like to pass out again because of that wink.

“Yah! It’s disgusting, you know?” Junsu looked at him with distaste.

“Hyun, you’re je…”

“Stop!” Junsu covered his mouth.

“What’s wrong with you boys?” you laughed at them. “Well, I should be get going. Bye! See you guys tomorrow.”

“Should I walk you home?” Byunghun offered but you declined. You said your last goodbye and walked away.

 

The two boys walked at the other way. Byunghun broke the silence, “Hyung! Why didn’t you walk her home? That’s rude for a…”

“It’s not yet the time.” Junsu flatly said. *You’re just scared, Junsu. Just…scared.* he thought of himself.

 

“HAA~CHOO~!” You rubbed your nose. “Did someone just talked about me?” You laid your body at your floppy bed.

*I didn’t think Byunghun will be that approachable. In the first place, I really thought he was arrogant just like Junsu. Well, as for Junsu, I really don’t know why but he seems weird today.*

Minutes later, you were in dreamland with your prince charming. You can’t see his face but just holding his hand makes you cheerful.

“I love you.” You whispered in your dreams.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I'd love to read comments from you. I need some love! <3

^^.

-kimyuriko