My Old Friend

My Only Angel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1zOhQQpw6U

 

----------------------------------------------

 

 

As Junsu, you and your parents eat happily while chit-chatting; a familiar girl then approached your table.

“Annyeong haseyo, abonim, omonim.” Victoria greeted Junsu’s parents.

*Abonim? Omonim?* your tongue was tied up when you saw her greet your fiancé’s parents.

 “And what are you doing here?” Junsu became furious.

“I’m just greeting the elders.” Victoria said calmly, as if nothing happened between you and her.

“You don’t have the rights to greet them, you…”

“Junsu.” You cut it off before he can say something bad about Victoria. “Calm down.” You held his hands.

“Junsu, your manners!” Mr. Kim said in a firm tone. “Be a gentleman to your ex-girlfriend.”

*What?! Ex-girlfriend?!* your eyes widened in shook. *Did I just hear it right?*

“That’s already the past.” He said it flatly with a gloomy expression.

“It’s fine abonim. Don’t push Junsu too hard.” Victoria said with a sweet smile.

*What the ?! Being nice in just a snap of a finger?!* you hid your irritation.

“What a nice child.” Ms. Hyohyun complimented her. “Are you alone?”

“I’m with my friends.” She said politely.

“You must have known ~~~~~, right?” Mr. Kim looked at you as he talked to Victoria.

“Yes, actually, she’s my classmate.” She smiled at you.

*Oh please stop this act of yours.* you faked a smile at her.

“They are ~~~~~~’s parents.” Ms. Hyohyun introduced your parents to her.

“Anneyong haseyo.” She bowed. “Uhm I guess I’m disturbing your night.”

“Yes you are.” Junsu mumbled and only you heard it.

It was like Victoria just read Junsu’s mouth. “Have a pleasant evening.” She bowed again and left.

*Thank god, she left.* you sighed in relief.

 

“Junsu, I don’t like your attitude earlier.” Mr. Kim said to him.

“Honey, that’s enough.” Mrs. Hyohyun stopped him. “Let’s just enjoy this night, ok?”

“That girl is nice.” Your mom said to Mrs. Hyohyun and your dad nodded in agreement.

 

You ignored the elders and just concentrated your attention to your fiancé. “Are you alright?” you whispered to him as you held his arm.

“Yes.” He said coldly to you.

The elders just chit-chatted while awkward silence filled up to the both of you. To ignore it, you just concentrated your attention to the food in front of you. Mrs. Hyohyun then observed the silence between the two of you.

“Junsu, how are you and Victoria?” she asked to Junsu, trying to breaking of the silence but he just looked coldly at his step-mom and continued eating.

“Junsu, your step-mom is asking you something.” You shook his arm, trying to get his attention.

“Well, if she didn’t go abroad before, she must have been even closer to you nowadays.”

“I had enough!” Junsu stood up in disappointed.

“Omo…” Mrs. Hyohyun mumbled, hiding his mouth using his hand.

“Sorry but I’m so tired now.” He said to the elders.  “I guess ~~~~~~ will go with me, right?” he then gave you a lets-go-home look to you.

“Ah… yes.” You understand what he was trying to say. “Abonim, omonim, I’ll be going now.” You bowed at his parents. Junsu bowed also but didn’t say anything to them.

“Mom, dad, take care.” You then hugged your parents. Junsu just bowed.

“We’ll be going now.” Junsu said as he held your hands. The both of you then left the elders, dumb-folded about the situation.

 

 

Junsu didn’t say any word since the both of you left the elders. He got the keys from the driver and dismissed him for that day. He even didn’t open the car door like he supposed to do. Instead, he ignored you and got inside the car. He automatically drove the car as soon as you got inside.

Silence was even occupying your whole ride with him. You tried to get his attention by occasionally glancing at him but his full attention was on the road. *What’s wrong with him?* you thought, trying to think of other plans. *Hmmp! Whatever Junsu!* you crossed your arms frustration.

 After some minutes, you realized that the road you’re taking is not the way back to your dorm or even to Yoochun’s house.

“Oppa, where are we going?” you got the courage to ask him.

“I still don’t want to go home.” He said, still locking his eyes on the road.

“If so, we should have…” you tried to argue with him why did he insist on leaving the elders early.

“Sorry jagiya.” Junsu then softened his tone. “I just want to get out of that place after…” he stopped speaking, thinking if he should say the reason to you.

“Ok.” you sighed. “Of course you’re in charge of the wheel so I don’t have any rights to argue with you.” You smiled at him. Junsu smiled back and eyed again on the road.

 

 

After some more minutes, you reached Han River, to the same place where he let out his frustrations about you.

“Why are we here?” you asked as Junsu stopped the engine.

“I just want to breathe some air.” His voice sounded so sad that the she understood what he was trying to say. He unbuckled his seatbelt and got out of the car. You also did the same.

Junsu walked away from you. *To follow him? Or not?* thoughts were battling on your mind. You then observed him more. “I guess I should leave him first alone.” You mumbled as you leaned on the car. You let Junsu alone but you didn’t take your eyes away from him.

After some minutes, you saw Junsu sat in the grass as he hugged his knees. *Was he hurt?!* you hurriedly ran to him. “Junsu, are you hurt?!” you panicky said, trying to check is whole body.

“Jagiya! Why that panicked look?” He laughed at you.

“Did you just laughed at me?!” you pouted.

“AWWW so cute!” Junsu chuckled. “Sit here!” He pulled you down to sit between his legs and leaned against his chest.

“Junsu-oppa, are you fine already?”

“I’m always fine…” Junsu wrapped both of his arms around you. “… as long as you’re with me.”

“But back in the restaurant…” you tried to look at him but he hugged you tightly.

“I guess you want to know who Victoria and I met, right?” It was like he can read your mind. You just nodded to what he said.

He played with your hand “So, we were friends since our childhood days. The rest of the guys also knew her. The 6 of us were brought in the same elementary school only for rich families. I and she are so close that we almost treat each other like a couple. We knew her as the sweet, innocent and cheerful Victoria until…” he breathed out. “… she went to America with her family and we didn’t had any contact with her. When we landed on Seoul High School, we heard news that 5 girls from America will transfer to our school. We just ignored it until we discovered that one of those was Victoria. We were so happy about it but…”

You felt his hands trembled. “Go on.” You calmly said as you held his hand highly.

He continued. “… we latter found out that the Victoria we knew was gone. The Victoria we saw was a whole different person. She almost act and look like a . She and his group always bully other girls. And the worst thing, she always goes to me like she’s my girlfriend while she ignores the 4 guys.”

“Ahhh….” You let the story sank in your mind. “So, the 5 of you became sad when your old Victoria changed into a whole different person.”

“Exactly!” he agreed. “So we decided to ignore the new Victoria. We see the new Victoria as a ; a .”

“Junsu, stop using those harsh words.” You hissed. “But what happened to you in the restaurant?”

“After I saw her like that, memories with our old Victoria suddenly came back in my mind. I remembered our happy times with her.”

*He and the guys do like the old Victoria.* Your heart sank as you heard those words from your fiancé. “I want to meet the old Victoria.” You mumbled.

 

“How I wish, jagiya.” He leaned his chin in your shoulder, trying to ease the pain he was feeling.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sorry for the short update.

Are you still reading my fic? Please do comment because if I see that only a few only reads my fic, I might not update it anymore. I need more love, ok??

^^