One step at a time

We are just friends, aren't we?

 

You stayed at Seung Hyun’s place for 3 more days, until you decide it was time for you to go back to your house and try to figure out what to do from now on. It wasn’t easy walking into a place that it was always lively but now it was completely silent.

“So, Sun Hi, what are you going to do?” Dae ask you while helping you clean up the kitchen “Are you going to stay here or in Seung Hyun’s place?”

“I think I will come back here, I still don’t know if  I will keep the house or go rent an apartment, but for now I think the best is to keep myself of anything too messy or that requires too much of my attention, I need to take things slowly, you know?” you reply your friend while showing a shy smile.

“Yes, I think is for the best, one step at a time, none is going to rush you to make any decisions if you are not ready to make them. But you are coming back to classes tomorrow? I don’t know how long you can keep on missing classes”

“Yes, I will… To be honest with you Dae, I think the only reason im going to finish my major is to honor my parents wishes of seen me graduate from college” you said while leaving out a sighed.

“Mwo? You aren’t going to work with me?” Dae said dropping the container that he was taking out of the refrigerator “So, what are you going to do?”

“Aish, Dae, molla…” you said while scratching the back of your head “I mean, don’t get me wrong, I love our major, but I don’t see me working every day of my life in this… I just don’t feel the passion that I see you have towards it. You are so good at writing, while I’m just average, we both may love to read and investigate, but you are by far way better than me”

“But, you know you can always lean on me when you need help, we have always being like this, ever since we met Sun Hi-ah” he replied giving you a smile so heart-warming.

“Yes and I will always be grateful to you, but don’t you think I depend way too much on you? I even hadn’t notice it before, but this last few days made me realize that I have being always being shelter and taking care by my parents and by you guys. Is time I start doing something for myself, to start to take care on my own and stop relying so much on others” you said while finishing taking out all the things from the fridge.

“But you don’t have to do this all alone and we don’t mind helping you, you know that?”

“Yes Dae, of course I do, but sooner or later we all are going to have to move on, we will eventually get married and have families of our own, so I can’t expect for you guys to be always on the lookout for me. I need to grow up, I owe this to my parents, the feeling that they didn’t leave a harmless daughter behind, but someone they can feel proud of” you said while smiling and looking back at the picture of your family that was hanging on the wall.

“So what are you planning to do after we finish up? Is only 5 more months until graduation, we are about to finish” Dae said while taking a seat on the breakfast nook.

“I still don’t know, I think I will definitely ask for a job either at Jiyong’s and Youngbae’s company or with my uncle as an assistant, until I decide what I really want to do. Thankfully my tuitions for college are already covered and I can manage to live well the next months with the savings my parents left me, but I want to become independent and start taking care of myself”

“You sound like a different person Sun Hi and I dare to say I like this new you, your parents sure will be proud, because I know I am” Dae said showing you such a lovely smile it gave you comfort.

“Awww, that’s why you are my smiling angel, you always are there to cheer me up and give me comfort, and really I am so blessed to have you in my life Dae. I mean, who will take time off from studying to come help his friend to clean up her home? Only you my sweet friend” you said while grabbing Dae’s hand and squishing it a bit. Dae’s cheeks blush a bit and you said “Aigoo, you are so cute, why do you blush?? Are you trying to be cuter than me? That’s not fair Dae, you know that?” you said while laughing.

“Why are you bullying Dae, Sun Hi? Isn’t it enough he takes care of you when im not around?” Jiyong’s voice reach from the living room.

“Aish, ani Oppa, no bullying, just admiration” you said while running to your cousin’s arms for a hug.

“Wow, aren’t you so cute today, donsaeng?” Ji said while hugging you back

“Did you bring food??” you said while making puppy eyes to your cousin.

“No wonder you where being cute and all with me, this girl always has a hidden motive” Ji said while ruffling with your hair.

“And yes we brought food, donsaeng” Young Bae said while carrying the bags to the kitchen “we already knew when we got your text that you didn’t had anything to eat here”

“Thanks Bae Oppa, you always take such good care of me. But like I just told Dae, I need to start taking care of myself and stop relying on you guys so much” you replied.

“I have to see that to believe it, but I will cheer for you Sun Hi, fighting!” Jiyong said while chuckling at the idea.

“Aish, Oppa, you are no good… You don’t have any faith in me, but I will show you… I will make my parents proud of their daughter”

“They will always be proud of you Sun Hi, don’t you forget that. But now let’s eat before Dae dies from starvation, because I bet he rush here without having any lunch before and its already past 8pm now” Ji said while looking to a pale Daesung.

“OMO, DAE, OTOKE!!! Why didn’t you tell me anything earlier… I could at least go bought us something to eat earlier… I am so sorry, jongmal minhae” you said while bowing to your friend.

“Don’t worry Sun Hi-ah, Ji is just kidding, im fine see?” He replied while smiling again.

“Dae, you sure are an angel” Jiyong said while laughing.

“Ok, let’s eat before it gets cold” Young Bae said while serving up the food.

You look at the 3 guys that where at the table with you and you though: “Mom, Dad… I can do it, it might take a while, but I will achieve it one step at a time”