the little twists of fate…

We are just friends, aren't we?

 

The phone wouldn’t stop ringing. A half-sleep Seung Hyun open up his eyes and saw that it was still the middle of the night. He took out the battery of his cellphone and went back to sleep. 15 minutes later he heard the door bell and footsteps of someone getting into his room.

“Hyung, hyung, wake up, I mean it, wake up now” a sad eyed Young Bae said while shaking to wake up a sleepy Seung Hyun.

“No, Bae, what the hell, let me sleep, why are you here, is too early to go to work”

“Seung Hyun Hyung wake up now, is urgent” Bae said while walking to the closet and grabbing some clothes.

“Why? What happen? What’s with that face?”

“Sun Hi’s parents had a car accident; we need to go to the hospital now”

Just by hearing those words was enough to make Seung Hyun wide awake and start getting dress. Down stairs Seungri was waiting with the saddest look on his face.

“Maknae what happen?” Seung Hyun said but he almost knew the answer.

“Dae hyung just called, his dad is already dead, his mom is undergoing surgery, but she might not make it, we need to get to the hospital as fast as we can” Ri said looking upset.

The three guys rush to the hospital and all that Seung Hyun could think was in her precious girl, how much pain she must be feeling and how in the verge of losing her again he was.

Memories of that awful time keep rushing through his mind and all he could think was “Please God, not again, don’t make me loose her again”.

---------------------------------------------- Flashback-----------------------------------

“Sun Hi is not ok hyung, is like she has lock down herself. She doesn’t smile, nor cries, nor anything. I don’t know what to say to my aunt anymore” a desperate Jiyong said with tears coming to his eyes.

“Of course she isn’t ok Ji, she was in a car accident that took away the life of her only girlfriend. She is feeling guilty of why did she live but why Nari had to die” Bae said trying to comfort his friend “all we can do is give Sun Hi our support”.

“Is so hard seen her like that, lying in bed, not wanting to eat, she Is growing thinner by the second, but nothing her family or I say seems to get to her. Is like her body is only a shell but her mind is God-knows-where” Jiyong said finally crying.

Seung Hyun kept looking at the crying Jiyong and felt a lump in the back of his throat. It had being 3 weeks since the car accident that took away the life of Sun Hi’s best friend Nari and send Sun Hi to the hospital. Since she got the news that her friend didn’t make it, Sun Hi shut herself, she didn’t talk to anyone, she didn’t respond to anything, she didn’t eat, all she did all day was staring at the ceiling of the hospital room she was staying until she was well enough to be release. She broke a couple of ribs but other than that and some bruises she was ok, her friend that was the one driving, took the worst of the crash.

“We need to do something, we just can stay still and see Sun Hi kill herself by sadness” Dae said at the bridge of tears “I can’t see my dear friend becoming a pile of nothingness”

“But hyung, what can we do? Nothing that her family or us have done until now seems to have help out” Seungri said.

“When are you going to talk to her Seung Hyun hyung? You are the only one that hasn’t being alone with her, you always go in when someone is already in there” Young Bae said “You are the only one that knows how to break into her”.

“I want to, I have to try to, but as soon as I walk into her room and see her like that I don’t know what to say, she is nothing like the Sun Hi we all know, she has lost the spark that always lived in her eyes. I’m left speechless and I’m afraid I might say or do something that could make her worse” Seung Hyun finally said.

“Nothing you can do now, can be worse that the place she already is hyung. Please if it’s not for us, for her, go talk to her, try to bring her back to us” Jiyong said looking pitifully to his friend eyes.

Soon the guys left the hospital waiting room and Seung Hyun was left alone in front of his best friend room. He took a deep breath and walked in, but as soon as he saw one of the most toughest persons he had ever known like that, he had to pull every strength of will out of his body to keep on going and not turning back and running the fast as he could out of there.

“Sun Hi-ah, annyeong, is me your Bingu friend, Seung Hyun. How you being silly girl?” he said slowly approaching to the side of the bed.

A zombie like Sun Hi didn’t even move at the sound of her friend’s voice, she just kept staring at the ceiling. Seung Hyun not knowing what to do, just sat down by his friend side, grab her hand and stood like that for 4 hours, no talking, not anything, just holding onto his friends life, like trying to inject all the life and willpower he had in that simple touch.

Weeks went by and the situation didn’t change one bit, but still every day Seung Hyun will come to see his friend and grab her hand all the time he was there. Two months after the accident went by and Seung Hyun went to Sun Hi’s house to visit her like he usually did. He had brought a bouquet of tulips, her favorites and was walking in to her bedroom with the flowers in one hand and a vase in the other.

“Hi silly girl, I brought you flowers today, am I not the perfect Oppa?” he said while smirking, but got no answer. He was placing the flowers on the vase, but the vase slip and felt on the ground shattering into a million pieces. Those single actions send Seung Hyun out of his senses.

“God damn it! Damn it Sun Hi!! Is being 2 months, why the hell don’t you come back??? Don’t you know how much pain and suffering you are putting everyone you love through? Do you think that Nari would have wanted this? Of course not! What the hell happen to my best friend, the outspoken one, the i-don’t-take-crap-from-anyone one? Why are you so stubborn, stop doing this to yourself, just stop it, damn it!” Seung Hyun yell to his friend while holding her in an embrace. Then he felt it, he felt a tear, He look up to his friend and saw tears coming down her eyes.

“Stupid girl, all that I had to do was yelling to catch back your attention? Why are you so stubborn, really?” he said while wiping the tears away of her friend cheeks. He just stood by her side letting her cry all the pain and sorrow she had locked away for the past 2 months.

It took nearly 9 months to Sun Hi to completely recover, both physically and emotionally, but her friends where always by her side. Later on, she told them that she just didn’t want to feel anything, she didn’t want to face the fact that she lost someone so precious to her and that she wouldn’t know what could happen if she lost someone like that again.

---------------------------------------------end of flashback------------------------------------------------------------------

“Not again, I am not going to let you go this time Sun Hi, I promise” Seung Hyun keep telling himself all the drive to the hospital.