Try smiling

We are just friends, aren't we?

“Hi Dae, can I come in?” you shyly ask, you weren’t sure if it was too soon, but you really need it to set things straight with your friend.

“Sure, Sun Hi-ah, come in” Dae said a little startled by your sudden visit.

You took a glance to the apartment and then saw Seungri seating in the living room.

“Hi Seungri” you softly said

“Annyeong noona and goodbye” Seungri said, sensing that it was for the best to leave his friends alone to talk “Talk to you later hyung”

Dae just nodded while Seungri made his way out of the apartment.

You awkwardly took a seat on the couch and Dae sat in front of you, neither of you could utter a word, until Dae finally manage to gather the courage to ask the unavoidable question.

“So, did it already happen?”

You simply nodded and lower your head, your heart was so thorn right now, one side was jumping in joy of having the guy you have love all along by your side, but the other one was aching at the feeling of having hurt one of your most beloved and treasured friends.

“I’m glad, you both can finally have it each other and be happy” he said while smiling.

“Dae, jebal, yell at me, please be mean to me, I deserve it, please” you finally said trying to hold the tears.

“Why should I yell to my beloved friend? After all I’m the one that broke up with you, so if someone should be yelling here, it should be you” he said while getting up from his seat and getting on his knees in front of you.

“Ani, I know why you broke up with me, I’m so sorry Dae, I’m sorry that I’m not worthy of you, I’m sorry for hurting you and for using you while we were together”

“Sun Hi-ah, don’t be a fool, if anyone should be sorry, it should be me, for being selfish and instead of helping you out with hyung, I just tried to get you all by myself, I tried to fool myself into believing that I could change your feelings for Seung Hyun hyung”

“But Dae, I hurt you. I shouldn’t accept your feelings in the first place. But to be completely honest I did try to give us a chance, I mean the most perfect and honest guy I have ever met wanted to be with me, so I really toughed that I could change for us” you said while trying to keep your eyes stuck on the ground, you felt like you where not worthy of looking Dae in the eye.

“Sun Hi-ah, look at me, please look at me” Dae said while placing his hand under your chin and making you look at him “I’m not mad at you, I know you better that you may think so, I know that when you agreed to date me you where being honest, so don’t be worry, I don’t feel used at all, I’m happy that I got to be with you that time, so jebal, please stop blaming yourself and don’t cry, you have already suffer too much, don’t you think is time for you to try smiling? After all, I bet that’s what your parents will wish for” Dae said while smiling, but you could see his eyes being a bit glassy, trying to hide the pain inside of him.

“Dae, I’m sorry that I wasn’t worthy of your love, I’m sorry for hurting you; but despite being sorry, I’m grateful to God that he send you into my life, being with you this few months did make me happy, you manage to keep me standing when I felt I had nothing else left in this world, in a way, your love gave me strength to keep on going, so thank you for being my savior and my angel, so please Dae, I don’t mind if you are mad with me right now, I don’t mind if you cry, I know you are human and I know you are hurt, but please remember that no matter what, I will be forever your friend and I will be forever thankful for lending me your strength when I felt my world falling down, so please Dae, you too please try to let go, I pray to god that you find someone worthy of the amazing guy that is Kang Daesung” you said while a tear stream down Dae’s face.

You took your hand and wipe off his tear and kept on talking “So Daesung, please keep on shining our world with your smile and I hope that in the near future you can forgive me for being selfish, and that you allow me to keep calling you my smiling angel”

Dae simply hugged you and said “Sun Hi-ah I told you, that I will forever be your friend, so thanks for letting me love you, thanks for letting me experience loving you and don’t worry, Im a big boy so I will keep on smiling, but next time I will keep on smiling for me”

You nodded and hug him back, praying to the heavens that the pain he was feeling right now, will soon fade away.