The time to confess

We are just friends, aren't we?

 

Soon enough, everyone started to take off from Sun Hi’s place and the only ones left where Dae and Seung Hyun.

Seung Hyun kept watching his pair of donsaengs, he didn’t want to leave them alone, because he knew that once Daesung had set his heart and mind into something, it was practically impossible for him to walk away from it. On the other hand, he kept playing back the argument he had the day before with Sun Hi and was waiting to be alone with her to try to see if she really didn’t remember or was just bluffing, paying him back with the same way he behave in the past.

“Yah, bingu Oppa” you said interrupting Seung Hyun thoughts “Gwenchana? You seem so off today”

“Yah! Sun Hi, how many times I have to say to you to not call me Bingu” Seung Hyun finally said trying to act like his usual self.

“If I see a Bingu in the room, I will call him by his name” you said sticking out your tongue and went to hide behind Dae in case Seung Hyun wanted to punish you for your behavior.

“Angel, protect me, I feel Seung Hyun is about to make me pay for going missing yesterday” you said while back hugging Daesung.

Dae blushed a little bit, “Ani, hyung will never hurt you, plus im here for you” he said trying to calm himself down from the hug.

Seung Hyun just saw them and couldn’t take it anymore, he need it to get out of there as quickly as possible to try to sort things out.

“Aish, you are a bunch of kids. Im off, I need to finish some work stuff” he said and start walking out.

“Buuu, you are so boring, Seung Hyun… But well, we cant help it” you said trying to a bit more “but I’ll see you off, Dae I’ll be right back”.

Dae just nodded, he was anxiously waiting to get the chance to be left alone with you.

You and Seung Hyun finally walk out the house and he grabed you by the shoulders and look straight into your eyes.

“Sun Hi, be completely honest with me, you really don’t remember anything that happen yesterday?”

“Aish, Seung Hyun-ah, what are you doing??? And no, like I say Ji Oppa earlier, although I wish I could, I cant really figure out what I did yesterday. This is the last time I drink this much…” you said while trying to set free from Seung Hyun’s strong grip.

“You are telling me you don’t recall anything and I mean anything, about yesterday? You don’t remember talking to me at all?”

“Ani, nothing at all... But wait I talk to you yesterday? If I did, why are you telling me this until now? You could have save me from part of the scolding Jiyong gave me earlier, aish… you only wanted to see me being nagged and laugh afterwards” you said while crossing your arms.

“Nothing, just think about last night… try to remember what happen, when you remember about last night, call me and I will be here in a heartbeat” Seung Hyun said while finally letting you go “And remember, no matter happens tonight, listen to what your heart really feels”

“Seung Hyun, you are weird today, what the hell did happen yesterday that you are acting out like this?” you said

“Nothing ,im leaving, your smiling angel must be waiting for you inside, don’t make him wait too long” he replied in a slightly sarcastic and bitter tone.

“Aish, all man are crazy today… and they said im the weird one by disappearing… Arasso, go, tell ommonin that I said hello, take care” you said while waving goodbye to your friend and making your way back in.

This silly girl, how could you forget you confessing yesterday?” was the thought that kept Seung Hyun’s mind occupied while he made his way to his place.

You walk into the living room looking for Dae, but he was nowhere to be found… “that’s weird, where could he have gone?

You saw the garden door open and made your way over there, seating on the bench you could see Dae’s figure standing still, he looked so dashing from the back, and you couldn’t help yourself to think “my angel is surely such a handsome guy, he is going to make some girl so lucky in the future”

“What are you doing out here Dae?” you asked while seating next to your friend.

“Im just admiring the beauty” he said while looking at you.

“Aigoo, you are so cute Dae, you always know how to cheer a girl up” you said while resting your head into his shoulder.

“I wish time could stop still right in this moment, Sun Hi-ah, making us stay like this, doesn’t it feel just right?” Dae said trying to gather the courage to finally said those 3 words to you.

“You are right Dae, being here like this, sure makes one smile” you said but added “but why are you acting like this today angel? Are you ok?”

“Yes, Sun Hi… actually im more than ok… But I want to ask you one thing”

“Sure, tell me, Dae”

“You know we have being friends for heavens know how long now and we are about to graduate… Unfortunately that means that since the first time since we met, we wont be able to see each other everyday, have you ever though about this?”

“Omo, dae you sure know how to kill the mood… Well of course I have though about it and to be fully honest, it does makes me feel a bit sad. Im so used to having you around, always by my side, im used to being able to lean on you whenever I need extra strength to keep going. You are the best remedy for whenever im feeling sad, you always defend me and take my side, even when I know im completely wrong. Aigoo, i cant picture life without always having you around me” you said while smiling to your friend.

“Well Sun Hi, I feel the same, I love spending my time with you, you always make me laugh and whenever you feel sad, I cant help myself but to run to your side and protect you from everything that may harm you. I just want to see you smile for the rest of my life” Dae said while looking deep into your eyes.

“See, this is why I care about you so much, I don’t know what I did in my past life to deserve someone as caring as you Dae” you said while giving your sweet friend a big smile.

“Sun Hi, I want to keep being by your side always, always being the one that you turn to for whenever you need to borrow strength… But I cant keep on just being your friend, my heart cares about you much more than that… Sun Hi, I like you... will you be my girlfriend?” Daesung finally said while holding your hands and looking straight into your eyes.

You simply stood there, you where too shock to be able to mutter something in the next minutes, but when you where about to say anything Dae cut you short.

“I know this is a big shock to you and that you have being trough a lot this last months, I don’t need an answer right away, I just want the chance to prove you how much I like you and how much I wish to keep you by my side. Please just go out with me, just think about it… I wont force you to do anything you don’t feel ready to do. But for now I will take my leave, is a lot of information and I guess you need time to process everything… But Sun Hi, don’t keep me waiting too long” Daesung said while kissing your forehead and making his way out of your place, without giving you a chance to say anything about his sudden confession.