You lost your chance

We are just friends, aren't we?

Seung Hyun was standing outside of her noona’s room looking like an idiot, feeling his heart racing so fast it felt it was about to burst out of his chest.

Ani, this can’t be true, this can’t be true… She loves Dae, she doesn’t love me… Wait, she just said that she has feelings for me, but she is with Dae? What the hell?” these thoughts and the words he just heard kept replaying in his mind. Soon he heard footsteps from the bedroom and he quickly made a run for the bathroom that was just in front of his sister room.

“Thanks for everything Unnie, you are the best” Sun Hi said while walking out of the bedroom.

“Anytime Sun Hi, aish, I just wish things were different, I swear I’m going to kill Seung Hyun the moment I see him”

“Unnie, jebal, please don’t mention this to him, is not worth it, now let’s go help ommonim, she is going to get mad that I haven’t went up to say hi” Sun Hi said and started making her way down stairs.

Seung Hyun was playing attention to all of this and he didn’t know how the hell he ends up seating on the bathroom floor.

“YAH! CHOI SEUNG HYUN YOU ARE THE BIGGEST IDIOT ON THIS WORLD!!!” he said while ruffling his hair “She had being waiting for you to step up and here I was like an idiot thinking I scare her off, me and my damn indecision, stupid heart that can’t make up his mind. To think all this time we could have being together, but I was so dense to neglect her true feelings… and to neglect my own feelings. I mean even Noona knew about it and here I was playing like nothing happened. Was I dropped as I baby to be this stupid and dense?”

He got up from the floor and turn on the water faucet, he took a look at his face in the mirror and started splashing some water on him, like trying to sink in everything that happen in that small period of time. 

“She loves you Seung Hyun, she has love you for 6 years and you love her” he took one more look in the mirror and say it out loud “I love her”

“But he is with Dae now, I neglect her and now she is with Dae… and let’s face it, Dae is a pretty nice guy, he is the closest thing I have to a real brother in this life. Damn it Dae, why the hell did we both have to fall for the same woman? Seriously, this thing feels like one of the dramas my mom watches every night, aish!!! How could this end up so screw up. Let’s face it Seung Hyun, you and Sun Hi are friends, but you don’t want to stop there, you guys aren’t just friends… she is the one for you”

Seung Hyun heard the doorbell ring, taking him out of his train of thoughts “must be the guys, aish, I really don’t want to see Dae being all lovely-dovey with my girl. Wait Seung Hyun, Sun Hi is not your girl, he is Dae’s. Aish, damn it I don’t want to see anyone tonight, can’t they all go to hell and leave me alone”

He closed the water faucet and took a look, he knew that he lost his chance and he just had to deal with it. “Be a man Seung Hyun, respect her choice, you came too late and now is Dae’s chance”

Seung Hyun got out of the bathroom and made his way downstairs, he could see his friends all seating down, to him this guys meant the world to him and he will rather die than make any of them get hurt because of him. 

“Oh Hyung there you are.  We were starting to wonder where you where.” Seungri said.

“But hyung are you ok? Your eyes look a bit puffy” Jiyong asked.

“Yes, gwenchana, I was just taking a nap, just woke up a few minutes ago, don’t worry, you guys are earlier, I toughed I said 8” Seung Hyun said trying to cover the shock he still felt within him.

“Yes hyung, but Dae kept bugging us to come earlier so he could see Sun Hi; he was kind of worried about her so we arrived earlier. Seriously, our donsaeng is making me revaluate who is the saint in his relationship; he for putting up with Sun Hi’s craziness or her for having such a clingy boyfriend”, Jiyong said laughing.

“So where is the clingy boy anyway” Young Bae asked as he was coming out of the bathroom.

“He went in to help Hye Yoon noona and her mom with the food, Sun Hi was kick of the kitchen for dropping a few plates” Seungri said while laughing.

“Seriously, I love her to dead, but my cousin can be the careless girl in the world” Ji replied.

“Yah!!!! I can’t leave you guys alone because you start back-mouthing me all the time, I’m not careless Oppa!! I just get easily distracted, especially if someone comes from the back and tries to give you a hug scaring you half to dead” you said while making your way out of the kitchen, giving an evil glare to the one that was coming behind you, a sorry face Dae that was carrying some plates.

“Mianhae Sun Hi, I didn’t knew I was going to scare you. Just felt like giving you a surprise” Dae said blushing a bit.

I can’t take this, too much cuteness” Seung Hyun said to himself “I know that face, Sun Hi is piss off beyond any point, she might smack the living thing out of Dae any second now”

“Well you know I’m not a fan of surprises so deal with it” you told Dae slightly irritated, you felt like punching him on the face, but then you remember… he wasn’t Seung Hyun, he was Dae. You could punch away your frustration with Seung Hyun but Dae, well that was another thing.

“Sorry, I promise it won’t happen again” Dae said while placing the plates on the table and looking into your eyes.

“Ok” you muttered trying to hide your irritation.

“MWO??” you heard Jiyong and Seungri yelling at the same time.

“Sun Hi, gwenchana? Aren’t you sick?” Ji said, getting up from his seat and placing his hand on your forehead.

“Yah! Oppa I’m ok, why are you being like this?” you said taking off his hand from your forehead.

“I mean if any of us would have done this to you, you will be beating the hell out of us right now… Dae, my man, you are a miracle worker, you are finally turning my cousin into a lady” Ji said while slightly slapping the back of Dae’s back in sign of approval.

“Hyung, ani” Dae said but was cut short by you.

“Yah, Oppa, don’t mess with me or him, arasso? I’m a freaking lady that likes to defend herself, end of story, if I don’t hit Dae is because I decide not to, arasso?” you said while punching your cousin.

“Ouch, jinjja? Guess it only works on Dae for the moment, Dae, fighting!” Ji said while brushing his arm and kept on laughing.

“Aigoo, these kids will never grow up” Seung Hyun’s ommonim said “Palli, dinner is ready, let’s eat before it gets cold”

The rest of the night went by with the usual chit chat and laughing. But Seung Hyun couldn’t stop staring into Sun Hi, he wanted to set everything straight right away, but then he look to her side and all he saw was Daesung, this was the only thing that stop him.

Soon, it turn 10, and everyone start to bid off their farewells. Dae accompanied Sun Hi to her place and then made his way back to Seung Hyun’s.

“So now that we are lady free, don’t you want to go drink something? Let’s go partying!!!” Seungri said.

“Finally you said something that makes sense maknae, let’s go, tonight I want to party until I drop” Jiyong said “You are all coming right?”

The guys knew that Jiyong didn’t took a no for an answer so everyone made their way to this loud bar, where in time of 20min Ji and Seungri where nowhere to be seeing, Dae complain he had something to do so he excuse and left early; leaving Seung Hyun and Young Bae seating on the table, listening to the music pumping loud. Soon a nice girl smile to Bae, so he left his hyung alone and went off to dance.

Soon Seung Hyun started ordering bottles of whisky, he just felt tonight he wanted to drown his pain away, he wanted to forget about Sun Hi, Dae and his stupid heart for being an and an idiot all this time.

He raised his glass and said “You lost your chance Choi Seung Hyun” and drank the whole drink in one go. 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

-A/N: guys i love you all, hello new subscribers I hope you like how this story is going so far. Im deeply sorry is taking me forever to update, i'm swamp in final papers for my semester, this is the last time i take 9 subjects -_- Thanks for taking the time to read this story and leave your comments, you sunset812Mizuki1987playfulkissbof and OptimusFanGirlyour comments made me smile knowing that you are liking my story so far, so thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments every time i update ^_^ I hope u dont get bored, just wanted to thank you for supporting me and my story :)