Memories part 1

We are just friends, aren't we?

 

 

A very drunk you was seating on the swings of the small playground you loved to hang out when you came to Seoul, it was your special place that you always went whenever you where feeling overwhelmed and needed time for yourself, this place was your little secret that almost none knew about. You where drinking another beer while swinging yourself, when you saw a figure you knew so well in front of you.

“So you are finally here Seung Hyun-ah, what the hell took you so long?” You said with a sarcastic tone.

“Aish, Sun Hi you are drunk? You know you don’t hold well your liquor and why the hell you have your phone off? Don’t you know how worry we where?” your friend reply trying to get the beer from your hands.

“Don’t you dare touch my beer bingu Seung Hyun!! If you want one, go buy your own” you said and fought to keep the can with you.

“You are so drunk Sun Hi” Seung Hyun chuckle and took a seat in the swing next to you.

The both of you remain in silent until you open up your mouth.

“You know that, the night my parents died I was waiting for them to tell them, that after college I wanted to open up my own café and I wanted their blessing to do so. I even practice the words I was going to use to tell them and I tried to figure out what they would said to me, the babo me felt sleep on the couch waiting for them. The talk I had with you earlier that day made me realize that as much as I wanted to make them happy I wanted to chase after my dream. But now I will never be able to tell them any of this” you said while trying not to let the tears in your eyes fell down.

“They might not be here, but I’m sure they will support you still, you know that what matters the most for them is your happiness, I mean that’s what matter the most for all of us” Seung Hyun said while giving you a smile.

“Really Seung Hyun, you are the one saying right now that what matters for you is my happiness? How the hell can you lie like that to my face?” you said while drinking the rest of the beer you had in your hand.

“What do you mean Sun Hi, you know that what I say is true” a worry Seung Hyun replied.

“So you are telling me, you completely forgot what happen in this same place when I was 17? Did you seriously forget everything about that night Seung Hyun?” you said and give out to the tears.

------------------------------------------------------------------------flashback-------------------------------------------------------------

 You where overwhelmed, you just need it to run away, you where so tired and sad that you just ran to the one place that always made you stay calm and help you pull yourself together. You had found this small playground by mistake when you where still new to Seoul, but it just gave you a feeling of home.

That day you just took your jacket and got out, you couldn’t deal with another fight with your dad about what were you going to study at college, you were tired of him trying to push you into studying business when you really wanted to join your friend Daesung as a literature major.

You finally reach the playground and started to swing for hours until a figure show up in front of you.

“I knew I would find you here silly girl” Seung Hyun said and stop you from swinging.

“I knew you would figure out where I was, but how did you know I was missing?” you asked.

“Jiyong called me after getting a call from your mom; they have being looking for you for the past 3 hours”

“No wonder you came here, I knew she would react like that, but I just couldn’t take it anymore, I hate having to fight with my parents, I don’t know why is it so hard for them to understand that I want to make my own path in life, instead of just following the footsteps my dad has already place in front of me” you sighed.

“Well, I told you it wasn’t going to be easy to stand up for yourself, but I also told you that if you really love this, you need it to fight for it”

“I know, I know, but I was fool enough to believe that they will eventually support my decisions, instead of fighting nonstop about this. Seung Hyun I’m so tired of fighting, I am so tired of everything” you said and you finally started crying.

Seung Hyun was shocked, he had never seen the strong and hot tempered Sun Hi cried in front of him, he simply grab his friend in his arms and hug her tight for a long time, for someone like him, that wasn’t really good with emotions, felt like an eternity. Soon Sun Hi calm down and separate herself from his best friend embrace.

“Thanks, I don’t know what the hell got into me, I think I just got too overwhelmed” you said while wiping away the tears from your cheeks.

Seung Hyun ran his hands through your cheeks, helping you wipe the tears, but soon he just grabbed your face and planted a soft kiss in your lips.

-------------------------------------------------------------end of flashback----------------------------------------------------------------

“Do you know how much that kiss screw me up Seung Hyun??? I mean that kiss made me realize how I truly felt for you, I barely slept at all that night waiting to see you the next day so we could talk about what that kiss meant, but the moment I saw you, you acted like nothing happened between us. That was my first kiss Seung Hyun, my first kiss with my best friend and he just acted like nothing happened” you said while crying.

Seung Hyun didn’t know what to say he just stood there listening to his friend’s confession.

“Why the hell you turn me into this mess for the last 6 years? That kiss made me the most confused girl in the world. Since that moment, I tried my best to act like nothing ever happen, but my stupid heart just wouldn’t let go of that kiss. I tried to date other guys, but nothing managed to get my heart away from my feelings for you” you said while looking straight at the eyes of your friend “Why the hell did you kiss me that night Seung Hyun, why did you do it?"

“Sun Hi, I really didn’t knew at the time” an embarrassed and confused Seung Hyun replied.

“MWO? YOU DIDN’T KNEW? SO YOU JUST GO AROUND PLAYGROUNDS STEALING AWAY THE 1ST KISS OF INNOCENTS GIRLS? GO TO HELL SEUNG HYUN” a really drunk you yell and you ran away leaving a dumb fool Seung Hyun behind.

You kept on running until you got to Daesung’s apartment.

“OMO, Sun Hi, finally, I was so worried, are you ok? What happen to you? Why are your eyes so red? And you stink of soju” Daesung said the minute he saw you standing in front of his door.

“Hi angel” you said “I’m sleepy, can I use your bed?”

Dae just nodded, relieved that he had finally found you. He helped you, to get in bed and whisper in your ears: “If only those tears where for me…”

When he was about to leave, you hug him and said: “Please don’t leave me alone, stay with me” Dae just grab you in his arms until you both felt sleep.