Comings and goings of the heart

We are just friends, aren't we?

 

Your heart was beating so fast you felt like it was about to burst out of your chest, you ran to the bathroom and splash water on your face trying to get yourself together before going downstairs.

“Common Sun Hi, it was just a game, like always, you are both idiots that don’t manage to grow up that’s why this things happen” you said while looking your reflection in the mirror “that was it, just like kids, a simple game”.

You unlocked the door and saw the back of your friend rushing downstairs. “Thank God he didn’t saw that I dodge to the bathroom”

You went downstairs and join the rest in the kitchen. Seung Hyun noona kept giving the both of you looks trying to hold on her laughter after the scene she just saw. That was until her mom broke the silence.

“Well Sun Hi, sweetie, how come you still haven’t bring a good boy home so I can meet him? You are not getting any younger and I sure wish that I could see the guy that could have my precious girl”

You almost chocked with the tea you where sipping but Seung Hyun came to the rescue.

“Ommoni, don’t worry we established today that since none would like to date such a mess of a girl, Dae will end up marrying her” Seung Hyun said with a smirk across the face.

“OMO, how could you said that Seung Hyun! Sun Hi is such a sweet and loyal girl she won’t have any problem finding a guy for her. But Daesung is such a gentleman and such handsome boy, that I wouldn’t mind seen him with you” she said looking back at you.

“Dae is a blessing in my life ommoni, he is such a loyal and caring friend, but he is not my style. He is way too sweet to be with someone like me” you said laughing “plus I think I will drive him crazy if I ever date him”

“Guess someone has some competition” Hye Yoon unnie said in a low voice.

“What was that unnie?” you said looking at her with a shut up face.

“Oh nothing saeng, just me being silly out loud” she said doing the famous Choi siblings smirk.

“Well Sun Hi lets finish our conversation before it’s too late, I still have to go to work tomorrow” Seung Hyun said while standing up from the table.

The both of you went to the garden and sat on a bench and your friend start talking

“Ok Sun Hi, what is this you are talking about changing majors? I mean after all the things you had to do to get in in the first place”

“Seung Hyun-ah I don’t know is just that anytime I came closer to finishing I don’t know if I could work my entire life in that. I love what I study, but when I see the drive and love Dae has for it, it makes me wonder if I should feel the same” you said while looking down.

“Well, ok let’s said you decide to stop it, so now what are you going to do with your life, you aren’t a kid anymore Sun Hi, you are just 6 months away from graduating and you are going to have to start to make a living for yourself”

“I know, I mean I have always though on opening a small café where literature and arts can meet, but I don’t know if my parents will approve that, after spending this last years between books and essays, I told them that I will just open up a café and be done with it”

“If that’s your dream, you know your parents will support you, they might get a bit mad, but by now I think they are used to having such a random kid as a child” Seung Hyun said while ruffling your hair.

“Aish, thanks for the pep talk. But seriously, is such a big decision and I only have 6 months left to make it, I don’t know If I have it in me” you said while looking back at your friend trying to find any comfort in his eyes.

“Of course you have it in you, you are Kwon Sun Hi, the girl that didn’t took crap from anyone when she was a new kid in Seoul, the one that was willing to kick someone’s if their friends where being bullied and the one that made Jiyong walk with a purple cheek to his graduation for not being nice to her” he said while laughing “you are a fighter Sun Hi, whenever you set your mind into something, you go for it full of passion and manage to get it. So yes, maybe things weren’t what you expect them to be, but is not like you can’t do anything about it, don’t you think? Plus you won’t be alone; you will have us, your other family to stick by your side. So cheer up and become the cheerful busy bee you always are”

“Thanks Seung Hyun Oppa, sometimes I forget how much faith you have in me” you said while pinching your friend cheek “Aigoo, what will I do without such a kind Oppa?”

“Aish, again this girl, only saying Oppa when she wants to be a bully” Seung Hyun said while chuckling.

“Kekeke, well I better get going, I have an early class tomorrow and Dae said that he is done covering for me getting late in the mornings. Aish why did he had to make us take a class at 7am, that is not human!!!” you said while making a foolish face.

“hahaha, well thank God for Dae, I don’t know how he has manage to be your classmate for the past 9 years. If it was me, I think I would probably had kill you in the first assignment we had done”

“That’s the difference between you and Dae, he is my guardian angel, and he protects me and helps me without me even asking. He is such a loyal friend, sometimes I wish I could be a better friend for him, but whenever I said that he just tells me that seeing me happy is enough for him. I really don’t know what my life would be without all of you being a part of it” you said while stretching.

“Well Dae is a pure soul, I won’t deny that. Then off you go silly girl, before you gave your guardian angel another headache” Seung Hyun said pushing you out of the garden and into the house.

“Aish, see this type of behavior will never happen with him.  But yes I better get going” you said picking your stuff and putting your shoes.

You bid goodbye to the rest of Seung Hyun’s family and make your way back home.

You arrived to your home, got in your room and lay in your bed.

“Guess I have a decision to make. Aish really how can Seung Hyun said all those nice things about me, but is too dense to see other parts of me, why can’t he be a bit more like Dae, such a good listener and loyal. Well, I think you can’t have it all” you said while walking to the bathroom to get ready to sleep.

Meanwhile in a house nearby, a friend was watching out the window and thinking.

“Always Dae, Dae this and that.  I know he is such a great guy, but when is she going to start seeing me like she sees him… But Seung Hyun, what can you expect if you don’t do anything about it? When are you going to be a man and own up your feelings for her? But in the other hand, if you take the next step and everything goes wrong, what will happen to our small family? Aish, this stupid indecision has being eating me up for ages” he said while messing up his hair and going back to bed.