Too close

We are just friends, aren't we?

 

 

You finish your day and drop the guys off at their places and you were dropping off the last one of your friends, Seung Hyun. You live close to him, so you guys where used to chit chat all the way back home.

“Be nice, I don’t want to get a text from my aunt telling me Sun Hi got home with a black eye today” Ji say when you left him  while leaving the car and waving goodbye.

“Don’t worry Oppa, if anyone wants to arrive home anytime soon he is going to have to behave.” You said while starting the engine of the car.

Seung Hyun just giggles and nods to his friend.

“Did u have fun today Sun Hi? “ he ask in a soft tone.

“Yes I did, I love that you guys always take the time to keep the promise we made 9 years ago. I’m so happy that I can always count with you guys in my life” you said while driving to your friend’s house.

“I’m glad to hear that, seeing you happy makes us happy” Seung Hyun said “especially me” he said in his mind.

“Yes, I really need it to recharge, classes are driving me crazy, I truly don’t know how Dae manages to do it, we take the same classes, have the same professors but at the end he always ends up helping me out” you sighed “I think if it wasn’t for him I had already left university and go sell tteokbokki at the streets” you said while laughing half-heartedly.

“Please do, I will love to see you in ahjumma pants while screaming to a bunch of scare high schoolers” your friend said while laughing.

“Seung Hyun-ah please don’t laugh, I have seriously consider leaving college or at least changing majors“you said and let out a serious sigh.

“You are joking? Right Sun Hi? After all this time you want to change majors???” your friend said with a dumb fold look in his face.

“I’m not sure yet… I love literature but I don’t know if I can see myself working in that all my life”

A silence took over the ride until you arrive to your friend’s house; you pull over and look at your friend straight to the face. He removes his seat belt and while opening the door of your car he asks:

“Well aren’t you coming? We still have to talk about your future as a tteokbokki seller”

You smile and took your stuff out of the car and walk to your friend’s house, that being honest it was more like your home than your actual house, because you spend most of your time here then at your place. 

You beat Seung Hyun to the door and open it up.

“Aigoo that laugh only belongs to my pretty Sun Hi” Seung Hyun omma said while giving you a hug. “How was your day dear, didn’t you guys have too much sun, did my son bully you a lot?” she said while dragging you to the living room

“Ani ommoni we didn’t get too much sun and your son almost killed me, he made me ride this thing that picks you up and pulls you up 40m, even if he knew that I am super scared of heights” you said while making the most sorrowful face you could think off.

“Aish, this son of mine, why don’t you take care of our Sun Hi like you should? Don’t you know she gets scare easily” she said while slapping the back of Seun Hyun’s head.

“Jinjja omma, she is a grown up girl, she can take care of herself’ he said trying to dodge the hits his mom was giving him

“She is still a lady and your donsaeng so be more like  a man, aish, jinjja, I don’t know what I did wrong with you” she said while taking his leave to the kitchen.

Seung Hyun look at your red face of holding the laughs and said: “You are so dead this time Sun Hi” and try to catch you.

You simply stick your tongue out and start running for your life, getting away from Seun Hyun’s grip.

“Don’t you even think you are getting out of your punishment” he said while chasing you up stairs.

You got into his room and tried to close the door into his face, but you were a second too late, soon Seun Hyun was inside and you start walking backwards.

“Common Seung Hyun Oppa it was just a joke, ommoni knows I’m only joking”

“Don’t you Oppa me, you only do it when you want to calm me down and this time it isn’t going to work” he said while smirking.

“Ani, Oppa, just think of your cute donsaeng“ you said while keep walking backwards. Memories of the punishments Seung Hyun had giving you in the past start coming back to your mind: the tickle attack, the nonstop flicks to your forehead, the seating in your back for 30 min “You know I’m only playing around because Oppa is so nice to me”

Seung Hyun kept closing the gap between the 2 of you, while the smirk in his face kept getting wider. You were trying to device an escape route in your mind when you felt like you lost your balance and soon felt; you close your eyes but  you felt something heavy pressing you down. You open your eyes and saw Seung Hyun in top of you.

Your eyes open up like plates and you gasp for air, he was looking confusedly to you, but soon your eyes drop down to his lips for like 5 seconds and then you felt yourself turning red. “Holy crap” you said in your mind. You and Seung Hyun just kept looking into each other eyes for like 2 minutes until Hye Yoon (Seung Hyun noona) came inside.

“Uhm, am I interrupting something? Coz if I am I can go down and tell mom you can’t go drink tea because you are too busy in other activities” she said while holding back giggles.

Immediately Seung Hyun jump off the top of you and tried to act cool.

“Unnie thanks, you just save me, I don’t know what the hell he was going to do to me” you said while trying to pull yourself together.

“Yeah sure, I’m a savior Sun Hi, common lets go downstairs, let’s give Seung Hyun a minute to pull himself together” she said while walking out.

“YAH!! NOONA!!! Stop saying stupid things!!”

You got out of the bedroom and close the door behind you, leaning into the door and think: “That was too close”. What you didn’t know is that the person at the other side of the door was thinking the same thing.