Americano

We are just friends, aren't we?

“You are seriously telling me that you aren’t going to apply to any jobs regarding your major?” Daesung asked you dumbfounded.

It has being already 2 months since your graduation, the autumn had already made his way into the leaves on the trees and the summer afternoons where saying their final goodbyes. But after all, the nice breeze of autumn marked two months dating Seung Hyun and two months of you laying your in your house without a clue of what to do next in your life. The guys were starting to get worried, well all except Seung Hyun, he will love to tease you with the tteokbokki stand idea every chance he had, he even bought you some ahjumma pants and a wife beater last time you went out.

“Yes Dae, I mean, I’m not you, look at you, we have only graduated two months ago and you already have a job as an junior editor in a publishing company and constantly receive calls from our former professors. I on the other hand have managed to perfect the art of baking and frosting a cupcake” you reply while rolling your eyes.

“But still, you are really good Sun Hi-ah, you are like a grammar nazi, I bet if I talk to the guys in human resources they will grant you an interview” he replied while sipping his Americano.

“Hahaha grammar nazi, you sounded like Jiyong Oppa whenever I check his papers. But still, I don’t feel passionate about working in that area Dae, I mean I want to do something more with my life, something that could bring a new challenge with every new day. I don’t want to sound disrespectful but I’m not cut out for an office job, I’m too restless to lay still for more than 2 hours, then how could I expect working from 9 to 5 in the same place every day? I will go crazy just trying it” you sighed and took a sip of your mocca latte.

“Well, we have always know you are restless Sun Hi, but then what are you planning on doing? What do you dream of doing with your life?” he asked you looking straight into your eyes in a way that startle you a bit.

“I don’t know” you replied closing your eyes “I seriously don’t know”

“Well you better figure it out soon, I don’t think Jiyong-hyung will like for his favorite donsaeng being stuck in the house all day long. Is like if dating Seung Hyun hyung already turn you into a married ahjumma” he said while chuckling.

“OMO! Otoke? Are you seriously teasing me Kang Daesung? Aigoo, I need to make you stop hanging out with the maknae so much… I just lost my only allied”

“Hahahaha, don’t worry Sun Hi-ah, I promise I won’t be as bad as Seungri, arasso?” he said showing you his beautiful eye smile.

“Aish, jinjja, you guys are going to be the dead of me” you replied rolling your eyes and checking at your wrist watch “Omo, Dae your coffee break is almost over and I don’t want for you to be late to your meeting”

“I was about to take my leave, but seriously Sun Hi, think about what are you going to do with your life. We aren’t getting any younger” he said getting up and drinking the last drop of his coffee.

“Ne, I will Dae, now leave before you run late” you said while waving your friend goodbye. You took a big sighed, thing where still a bit awkward between you and him, but you knew both where making an effort to try to go back to what you used to be and you knew that deep down you were going to slowly get there.

“Aigoo, I’m so bored… And it’s still so early; Seung Hyun told me he was coming over to have dinner, so I better go to the market to stock up. I swear, whenever he or the guys come over, my fridge is ransack” you toughed and smile a bit. You got up and pay the bill and soon made your way into the market.

You decide to not make anything fuzzy, after all you weren’t that good before, after all back in the time your mom was the one that used to did all the cooking, but lately you where trying to learn new recipes and new things with the help of Seung Hyun’s mom.

After you decided to simply make some bibimbap and some bulgogi and set out some of the kimchi that you had made with Seung Hyun’s ommonim. “hehe, OMG, I need to do something, I am already turning into an old married ahjumma, I really need to get a job”

 It didn’t take long for Seung Hyun to arrive and he already marches his way inside your place. He caught you with a back hug while you were finishing bringing some water out of the kitchen.

“Hi, I miss you” he whisper into your ear.

“OMO, you scare me Seung Hyun” you replied half joking, after all with all the ruckus he made when getting inside it was practically impossible for you to not have heard him get in.

“Good, at least I know you don’t like to be hug by random strangers, he said letting go and rotate you to be facing him and took the water pitcher from your hands.

“Like if any strangers will know the security pin to enter my house” you reply seating down and Seung Hyun sat in front of you.

“OMO, I could easily get used to this, everything looks delicious. Are you trying to seduce me Miss Kwon” he reply while smirking.

“Not in a million years, im just trying to make you fat so none else but me will like you” you replied smirking back and putting a piece of the beef on your mouth.

“YAH! That’s no fair game; but since you do it out of your own mental health since you cannot live without me, I will allow it”

“Yes, keep saying that to yourself until you believe it”

You kept on bickering through dinner, after all this was how you usually where, you had grown used to it. Sometimes, when you where with the other guys they told you, the both of you act like an old married couple but it no longer bother you, you just smile at the remark.

After dinner Seung Hyun volunteers to wash the dishes and since you hated doing it yourself you decide to take out some of the freshly baked cookies you had made earlier that day and make some tea to go with it. You both took your seat on your living room coach.
“I know you don’t like sweets, but could you please try one cookie, I want to see if I have to change something about the recipe, I made it up this morning, so I’m sorry If it isn’t that good”

Seung Hyun eyed the cookie, yes you where right, unless it was ice cream, he really didn’t care about sweets, but he saw your puppy eyes and couldn’t said no. He grabed and cookie and took a bite of it.

“This really are amazing Sun Hi, are you telling me you made this recipe out?”

You nodded and a smile draw into your face, after all you had a new found love of baking.

“Sun Hi, what if you do this while you figure out what you want to do regarding searching a job? I mean lately, you have being enjoying cooking a lot and you could easily sell this cookies to some café and maybe even some of the great chocolate cupcakes you made last week. That way you will be busy and you will be making use of that little head that God gave you”

 “Yah Seung Hyun, are you serious?”

“Why wouldn’t I be? I bet this cookies with a nice Americano on the side, will be the perfect match. Something sweet to pare down with the bitter and strong flavor of the coffee; something like you?” he said while smirking and you give him a punch.

“Yah! How can you say I’m bitter?”

“I said so because you are the perfect balance of everything for me: you give me the kick of energy a good Americano gives, you fill me up with your strong sense for life but  still you are sweet enough to always make my worries go away whenever I’m with you”

You where sincerely move by his words and felt some blush coming to your cheeks.

“See so innocent and sweet” he replied while hugging you and you look at his eyes.

“Aigoo, I have such a cheesy boyfriend”

“But you love my cheesiness” he replied while flicking the point of your nose.

“Eish, that hurts” you replied rubbing the tip of your nose.

“Jinjja, mianhae, let me cure it for you” he replied and gave you a soft kiss on the point of the nose and then he gave you a soft peck on the lips.

“Aish, this guy always making excuses to give me a kiss” you replied while giving him a peck back.

“That’s because I know once I give you a kiss, you will be under my spell” he replied smirking.

“Please, if it’s the other way around… don’t you remember what you told me when you confessed? That I had already stole your heart when you kiss me for the first time? So who has who under a spell?” you replied with a victory smirk across your face.

“Arasso, Aigoo I can’t never win against you Sun Hi” he said while laughing at your pouting face.

“Yes! Victory!” you said while making a victory sign “I have full control over Seung Hyun”

“But I also have full control over Kwon Sun Hi”

“Mwo? Please don’t be so full of yourse..” but before you could reply he had already crash his lips in yours and started giving you a passionate kiss.

You two stop to gasp for air and you could feel you cheeks burning up.

“I guess we are both fools for each other” you replied to him

“Well, I’m glad that you agree Sun Hi” he reply while giving u another kiss and hugging you tight.