Decision

Black Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER NINE: Decision

 

“What are you doing?”

 

Sang Hyun got startled upon the sudden question. He got used to the silence of the library and was so engrossed in checking every book on the bookshelves that he didn’t notice anyone coming inside the library.

 

He looked up from the book he was reading and saw Seungho, his long time friend and their company’s Finance Manager even though Seungho’s family is also one of the stockholders in the company. He stared up and down at his friend’s outfit. Seungho is wearing a suit with a coat and tie.

 

“Why are you here?” he asked with knotted brows

 

Seungho stared back at him, his eyes was saying that he shouldn’t be asking since he should know.”Workday, remember” he started to say but then notice his appearance and said, “When did you have your hair colored? I never thought you also like being blonde?” his friend inquired with a raise eyebrow.

 

Sang Hyun smile, “Well, I just thought I need to change something in me…” Turning into a vampire is not one of them though…

 

“And so, you think it’s your hair?”

 

“I tried anyway. What do you think?”

 

Seungho just shakes his head a little. “It’s not bad. But then if you stand side by side with Cheondung, I might not be able to identify you,” his friend pause for a second and continued, “Or I might, I think I can still identify the both of you since you’re practically a total opposite of each other.”

 

“Don’t worry about recognizing us. Cheondung change his hair color too”

 

“Really? What’s his hair color now? Is it pink?” Seungho asked teasingly, though he is Sang Hyun’s best friend, Cheondung is also a childhood friend of his. “By the way, where is he? I haven’t seen him in the living room when I entered the house. He’s usually their playing with his guitar every morning.”

 

“He’s probably upstairs in his room.”…He paused and thought, “Taking care of Ji Eun “, then he continued, “And his hair color is black.”

 

Seungho did not answer for awhile so Sang Hyun who was still browsing the pages of the book that he was holding all this time raises his eyes to meet his friend’s questioning look.

 

“What?”

 

“You change your hair to blonde while Cheondung change his to black?”

 

“Yes. Is something wrong with that?” he said hoping that Seungho will not get suspicious.

 

Seungho come near on the other shelves and tried to get one book as he said, “Nothing…but it seems odd that the two of you decided to switch hair color with the same one’s having before…are you up to something?”

 

Sang Hyun laughed out loud while he stands up and put the book back into it shelves, “Why would we be up to something? We’re twenty seven years old now…” he continued to grin, finding amusement on Seungho’s question because his friend is being truly the Seungho he knew. He is sharp on things happening about him and his brother though clueless at the same time. So instead he said to Seungho, “Of course, we’re up to something.”

 

Seungho just stare back at him with one raise eyebrow.

 

“We’re up to some changes in life. That’s all I’m saying.” Sang Hyun said. It’s not like he can simply say that he just turned vampire. He is not yet sure if Seungho was ready for that information yet.

 

“You must have been reading some weird stuff again because you’re not making sense. Life changes? Come on, we better go…”

 

“Go? Where?”

 

“You’re supposed to be at work now, remember? We have a business meeting with the investors and you’re always worried assistant, Mir informed me that you’re still not in the office. I have guessed that you’re still at home and it turns out that I’m right…so I’ve come here to pick you up.”

 

“Ah...I remember now,” he said nodding reluctantly.

 

When he still remains standing, Seungho asked again, “Shouldn’t you be taking a shower now and getting ready so we could go to the office, as in now?”

 

“Ah...welll---“he started saying but then stop since he can’t say that going to his room will not be advisable for him at the moment. She might be still sleeping and she needs all the rest she can get. Thus he said instead, “Well, since it’s already this late, why don’t we just go ahead to the office. I’ll just take a shower and change there. I have spared clothes there.”

 

“What?” Seungho said but Sang Hyun quickly holds his friend’s shoulder and turned his body to the door.

 

Sanghyun pushed Seungho out of the room while his friend’s face was looking back at him curiously. In a matter of seconds, he had managed to shoved his friend out of the living room, to the garage and back to his car, “You go ahead and I’ll just follow after you, okay?” he said as he closed the car’s door. Seungho was still looking at him in bewilderment but started the car’s engine and speed away.

 

With a quic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter