A Bishop's Plea

Black Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER: FORTY-FOUR:  A Bishop's Plea

The waiting ends…

 

 

Kwon arrived in front of the Pledis mansion, not anticipating anything at all. Thus, he got a shock when he bounces back once he approaches the gate of the mansion.

 

“What is this?” he took a closer look at the invincible force field outside the gate, he touch it with one of his hands and this time he was not shock by the barrier. He made a feel of the invincible shield then after a couple seconds of inspecting; he took a few steps backwards and raises his eyes up the sky and sideways.

 

He let his eyes glowed red, checking how far the force field. “It’s surrounding the house. The entire house is protected by a force field?!”

 

He runs up to the tallest tree in the park that was in front of the house and at the center of the subdivision. From there he could see the house through, nothing seems to be amiss.

 

“Only one person can do this kind of force field and to make such thing appear only means that something dangerous indeed happened….” He said in a whisper, recalling the surge of power last night that they have felt. He continues to investigate the house from a distance, looking for clues of what probably happened.

 

Just then, he felt a throbbing hunger on his stomach. He cringes and holds his throat, his eyes turning a dark shade of red than normal. He straightens his back, withstanding the throbbing hunger and looks around the vicinity more accurately, looking for whatever thing that may be affecting him.

 

What’s happening? I’ve never felt this kind of thirst for blood before. I’ve made sure last night that I’ve drink enough blood to fill me for a couple of days…” he clenched his jaw, “But now I’m suddenly so thirsty?!...Someone must be doing this…an enemy?!

 

Kwon continues to look around but he found nothing and then the thirst started to escalate in a dangerous level that such thing made him fall from the tree. He did not felt at all the impact of the fall because the blinding blood lust was all he could think about at the moment.

 

He felt his stomach burning with the heat of hunger, rising up to his throat. He tried to rise up from the ground with all fours, his red haired was now disheveled and his clothes dirty. He gripped the dirt on the ground, trying to get a grip of the indescribable pain of such hunger.

 

I have to have blood….But this is crazy?!

 

With him in such condition, he could only think of one way to get some help, despite it hurt his pride. He concentrates, trying to put the pain on the back of his mind, even for only a minute for him to manage to open his vampire powers.

 

“R-royalties, I need blood…Can someone bring me---” he said on his mind, but that was all he could said because the hunger pain on his throat turned into a torturous fire that made him lose his mind.

 

He gets into a fatal position, succumbing to the pain and hoping that someone did hear him.

 

 

Cheondung suddenly jolt from his seat when he heard someone. He looked around the room.

 

Nobody seems to hear the voice as he thought so, but then he met Seungho’s gaze and knew that the guy has also heard it.

 

 

They are in the living room now, after the ladies have eaten breakfast, they decided to talk about all the things that have happened. Seungho was sitting in the huge sofa beside Gyuri, holding her hands. Beside Gyuri is Hyuna who was just looking back and forth between Cheondung and Seungho. Then there was Ga In who was sitting alone in the love seat crossed arms. Ji Eun was sitting beside Cheondung on the small sofa beside of the others.

 

 

Ji Eun eyed Cheondung and saw his change of expression. Though there are things they still yet to discuss she knew that it is not the time to dwell on their feelings, not when a possible danger is still in the air. She touch Cheondung’s arm beside her in which makes him met her gaze, “Is there something wrong?”

 

Cheondung hold her hands in his and nodded. Then he turned to Seungho, “Have you heard it?”

 

“Yes, someone needs help” Seungho said calmly.

 

This makes the ladies turned their gaze on them. Gyuri looked at Seungho, “Someone’s in danger?”

 

Hyuna looked around the house, “Where? You heard someone asked for help?”

 

Ji Eun and Gyuri’s gaze met.

 

 “Have you heard anything?” asked Gyuri.

 

Ji Eun shook her head and turned to Cheondung for an explanation.

 

Cheondung knotted his brows but still attempted to explain. “I think, only us”, he looked at Seungho for a second then back to Ji Eun, “Vampires, can hear the voice…”

 

“What voice?” still clueless Hyuna asked.

 

Then Ga In who had been silent all this time finally said, “The voice of a man asking for blood…”

 

This makes Seungho and Cheondung look both at her with knotted brows.

 

Ga In did not seems to notice Seungho and Cheondung’s reaction because she just crosses her arms above her chest and then turned her head towards the door. “It’s coming outside” she met the gaze of the two vampires in room, “Another visitor perhaps?”

 

“Probably” Seungho said, his face looks calm and calculating. Gyuri was just silently looking at him.

 

Cheondung stood up, letting go of Ji Eun’s hands, “I better check it then” he was about to take a step out but Ji Eun has already grab his right arm and everyone in the room with high hearing can hear her heart rapid beating.

 

“You can’t go. No.” Ji Eun said in firm tone.

 

Cheondung looked at her curiously. “I have to go check it. If it’s an enemy---“

 

Before Cheondung could complete his words, Ga In suddenly stood up, making everyone in the room looked at her.

 

Ga In simply shrugged, crosses her arms in front of her chest and said, “I think it will be better if I am the one who’ll check it” she raise one eyebrow as if daring anyone to argue.

 

Gyuri and Hyuna both exchange glances but did not voice any protest. Ji Eun simply met Ga In’s eyes and nodded in understanding.

 

The men in the room looked at the women with confusion in their faces but they both decided not to protest, thinking that it is better to let the women do what they seems to agreed best in the situation.

 

“Be careful” still Cheondung manage to say in warning, feeling oblige to give warning to one of the person who had help Ji Eun the previous night, he said before Ga In proceed to leave the living room.

 

 

 

Ga In walked out of the main house then walked a few feet more before she had reach the wide gate and opened the smaller gate on the side to see who had been asking for blood so early in the morning.

 

She immediately saw him then. He was lying on the ground, his face up, his eyes close, his face pale, his red hair was disheveled and he lays motionless as if he just suddenly want to sleep in front of their house.

 

Ga In did not dare to move. She was motionless for a minute, knowing full well that the man is the person whom had cried out for blood in her head even though she did not have a solid proof yet. She simply just knows.

 

As if some unknown force compelled her to do so, she slowly took careful steps towards the man, unknowingly getting out of the shield that was placed within the confined of their house.

 

It only happened in a second, around ten or twenty men, clad in black suits with a white mask on their faces suddenly surrounded Ga In and the man lying in the ground.

 

Ga In instinctively kneeled beside the man and holds his arms as if by trying to do so, she would somehow protect him as she looked around men with white masks that were crowding them. Someone tried to grab her shoulder but it was then when the man in the ground opened his eyes, an eyes so scarlet it remind her of the red velvet satin covering her wide bed in her room.

 

She furrowed her brows but before she could give any reactions, the man she was trying to protect somehow had already locked her in a tight embrace, circling his arms around her waist to her back. In a matter of seconds, his head was already on the juncture of her head and shoulder and in a blink of an eye the embrace has become a prison hold once she felt the sinking of his fangs on her expose skin.

 

“Ahhh!” she gasped in shocked at first though not fighting the arms that hold her…but if she would have protested it would be in vain since the man who was holding her in his arms has become a slave of her blood…and by the growing feeling of such tingling sensation from her neck, where the vampire was her blood, she could already guess that she would be left willingly succumbing to the exchange of blood that brings unfathomable sweet sensation.

 

Ga In did not notice when it had started or how, but all she did know is that, all the things that she had listed that she would have to say to the very first vampire who will claim her blood, turn into oblivion, the same with the carefully rehearsed protest she would have given once the process of blood giving has started…Now, it did not matter…because how can it be, when the very said thing left her immobile with blinding want and building desire for the vampire that she did not know yet the name but now, taking her blood as if it was his own.

 

When the man had finally lifted his head from her skin and closes the two puncture holes he had created, healing it and leaving no trace of such marked, did it only return to Ga In her resolved to have never allow the thing to happen to her. But it was too late; the man had already tasted her blood, drinks it and filled his want…Despite the hurt from her pride, she shove the man away from her and this time the iron locked embrace had opened, making her free of his hold.

 

Immediately, Ga In touched the side of her neck where the vampire had bitten, she took a couple of steps away from the man, before meeting his red gaze. “How could you?!” she said in gritted teeth.

 

The vampire looked at her in confusion and also did a few steps back away from her, “What—what are you talking about?”

 

This only made Ga In madder, “I’m asking you, why you bit me?”

 

“Aren’t you the one they sent for me to take blood?” the vampire said while one of his eyebrows rises in question.

 

“Do I look like a person who offers blood?” Ga In asked with her hands on her hips.

 

The vampire gives her an assertive looked from head to toe then vice versa.

 

For some unknown reason to Ga In this behavior of the vampire made her body feel hotter than normal which made her on edge, “Answer me”

 

“Well, you’re not actually the type that the Society or my friend vampires will give me” he said calmly, then one of his hands hold his chin as he continue to look at her and said, “But I guess, with a blood emergency such as my call, they would send whoever is the nearest, aren’t you?”

 

“What?” Ga In’s brows meet in the middle

 

“You live near right? So that’s probably why you receive my call of urgency…” the vampire said in a matter of fact tone.

 

In gritted teeth, Ga In said, “Yes, I live nearby. To be specific, I live just one meter away from here.”

 

The vampire’s expression change from calm to shock when he turned his head from the structure of the house where Ga In had come from then looked back at her. And with the surprise exclaimed from him, it seems that he only did notice now the people in masks that was surrounding them in circle and just looking at their exchange.

 

In quick movement, the vampire stood in front of Ga In in a protective manner, shielding her from the masked men and just like earlier, when he had bitten her, before she could say a word, the vampire had already pulled her up in mid air with him, landing at the back of the masked men and they’ve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter