The Ruler

Black Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
“Spoken like a true Black Knight…it seems that the rumors are true…”   Everyone turned at the person who said such words. Someone has entered to the garden too. A black haired man with amber eyes, Uee felt a tinge of familiarity with the man, who had eyed her curiously upon his walked towards the garden.

 

He bowed a little, “Pardon my intrusion but I can’t help but hear your words…” his eyes met Uee’s as he said, “I am Hyunseung…the bloodletter society’s current ruler.”

 

“You’re the one…the other bloodletter from the main family” Uee exclaimed in surprise.

 

Sang Hyun protectively pull Uee behind his back, “What do you want?” his instinct’s alarm bells was all over the man though he don’t know why.

 

The prince cleared his throat but did not move on his place, “Yes that is my question too for the surprise visit of the bloodletter society’s ruler without an if I may say…”

 

Hyunseung turned to the prince, “I have already said to you earlier, that I’ve come to checked if the rumors are true…”

 

“No, you will not come here unescorted if that’s the only thing that you want to know” L said, his fist was clenched tightly in a ball.

 

“What do you want, Hyunseung?” Jaejoong commanded.

 

Hyunseung raised an eyebrow then sighed. “I’ve come to inform you of some event that’s making me worried these past few moons…”

 

“What is it?” Dara asked.

 

Hyunseung looked at all of them but his eyes stayed on Sang Hyun and Uee far more longer before he met the prince’s golden eyes. “There has been a spreading story about vampires with black eyes…” Dara gasped but Hyunseung continued, “At first I did not bothered myself knowing such rumors or stories but I grew suspicious once some incidents has started to happen…”

 

“What incident?” L asked.

 

“There has been four reported missing bloodletters from the society…missing bloodletters was not new to us, since some started to hide over the centuries from the society just like some that I know” he met Uee’s gaze, “But this missing cases, it was alarming because they have witnesses and each witnesses swore that the victim was taken by vampires with black eyes…” his eyes was staring directly at the Jaejoong. “And you know what a black eyed vampire means.”

 

“Their heart had turned black. They’ve thrown away the society’s rules and only follow their own rules…to hunt and drink blood” Jaejoong said.

 

Dara looked at Hyunseung, “But if they’ve kidnapped bloodletters they will not need blood since the bloodletters will have to supply it for them…”

 

Hyunseung shake his hand, turned around and clenched his fist. “They will need blood…more blood.” He turned back and gazed at Dara’s questioning eyes, “We have made the bloodletter’s society registrar to keep this thing from ever happening.”

 

Kwon asked, “Why is that?”

 

“Because forcing a bloodletter to give you blood will make the bloodletter lost her blood too, she would become like a human and die…and since four bloodletters have already been missing, we can guess that the first bloodletters had not agreed to give blood… The bloodletter should agree on the process, she should be the one to choose…it is not the other way around. That’s why it is important that the society know the process of choosing who you’re bloodletter is because if something goes wrong we can make the vampire accountable for it. We have to protect every bloodletters, that is our main objective”

 

“So, that’s why it’s very hard to get my bloodletter from your society” Kwon murmured but the bloodletter’s ruler apparently still heard him.

 

 “Yes, especially if the vampire comes from a powerful bloodline…The bloodletter must be compatible with yours too” Hyunseung raise one eyebrow.

 

“The black eyed vampires, do your people found something to lead us to identify who they are?” L said in a business tone.

 

Instead of answering L’s question Hyunseung looked at Sang Hyun and Uee’s face then to their entwined hands. Then he turned to Jaejoong, “I’ve come in a bad timing perhaps. I see that you have also another important business to attend to. I will come again the night after tomorrow” he met L’s questioning eyes, “My people will investigate further on this incident and I will tell you what we have concluded by then.” He bowed in goodbye then was about to leave but stopped in front of Uee.

 

Sang Hyun grew alarmed when Hyunseung was about to touch Uee’s cheek and his instinct must have overrode him because in a matter of seconds he had thrown Hyunseung to the farthest part of the garden, breaking plants in the process.

 

All the other male vampires in the place must have been surprise too because none of them had move to stopped the attack or they must have known it coming but did not do something about it. Sang Hyun saw in his peripheral vision that L gives a small satisfied smile while Kwon almost laughed but stop before it had a sound.

 

Uee only gasped in surprise and quickly gripped Sang Hyun’s arm as if to calmed him down.

 

Jaejoong only raise an eyebrow and was looking at Hyunseung’s who has already regained his composure and walking back to them. “That was a surprise…”

 

“You think?” Hyunseung said with sarcasm

 

L made an obvi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter