Uee’s Journal

Black Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO: Uee’s Journal

The silver rose has been engraved.

 

 

Sang Hyun’s body feel ice cold as he looked at the scene before him, the very sight has always been his worst nightmare, the death of his parents and just only recently had it been replace by the bleeding body of Uee on the night of his awakening as a Black Knight.

 

He felt Uee enclosed her hand on his and close the book, making the sight of the car crash that killed his parents vanished in front of them, and now, they’re back in the library…the same old family library.

 

Uee holds his cheeks in her palm and wipes the tears that were in his face. He stare back at his wife’s tear stricken face, the same as him…He want to wipe her tears away just like what she was doing for him but he feel that his body has become a marble, full of coldness…that moving seems to be hard. She must have understood his state because after wiping his tears, she hugged her body to him and laid her head on his shoulder. Her heat quickly gives him comforting warmth, the way it always do. And then, with the spreading warmth on his body, he finally gives her a reassuring hug, silently saying that he is alright.

 

Both of them remain for a minute in that position. Simply giving warmth and hugging each other. Understanding that what they have found out in the book…what it shown to them gives certainty of the facts that the Prince of vampire has told them…

 

But as Sang Hyun hugged his wife, a sinking realization into his mind has finally made things clear…and this is a fact that he must tell his wife.

 

He moves away from her but still holding her hands. Before he could speak, Uee beat him to it and said, “Your parents seem to love each other very much and they love you and your brother, just the same.”

 

He nodded. “Yes, I remember them that way. They are very doting parents on us and they always acted human so I never suspected anything weird.”

 

Uee looked down at the closed book in his hand. “This book is a journal of your mother. I’m sure now.”

 

“How did this journal only appear now and not the first time I look in here?” Sang Hyun asked more to himself than to Uee.

 

But she surprised him with her answer. “For the same reason that we are here now…”

 

She continued. “I think, your mother has made it happened. She might have made it appear only when you start looking finally with the knowledge that you are a vampire and that you have been awaken as a Black Knight”

 

Sang Hyun’s eyes stared back at Uee and nodded. “Yes, that made sense…In the sense, of all that is happening, I mean” he smile for a second, trying to make light of the conversation.

 

However, Uee gripped his arms and looked at him sternly. “We have to be sure, Thunder. I know what you’ve finally realize even not telling it to me directly. I can see it in your eyes,” she sighed, looked around the room then gaze back at him, “If you’re parents has made all this precautions just to be sure that your powers is sealed and only been awaken at the right time…then we have to be certain that their sacrifice is not left in vain”

 

Sang Hyun nodded with a grim expression on his face that Uee smoothens with a simple touch of his left cheeks. He sighed and pulled her towards the nearest sofa. They sit together, beside each other while still holding hands. The book is the only thing in the middle, such a small gap that seems to not matter at all.

 

Uee looked at him warmly. “Before we conclude what we have seen…let me show you something first…”

 

“What is it?”

 

“If your mother is the owner of the journal which is almost true as we both agreed, we can make sure of it.” Uee said as she stand up and randomly pull a book in the shelves. A small hardbound book titled, For One More Day. She then returns to the sofa and laid the book in her lap.

 

Sang Hyun silently looked at the book which made him raise an eyebrow.

 

“Of all the book you’re going to grab, you choose my favorite?”

 

Uee simply shrugged and said to him in a matter-of-fact tone. “That’s not a coincidence, it made sense” she winked at him, “Sorry if this is your favorite book because it will be mine, now.”

 

“What---“, before Sang Hyun could ask further, Uee had already closed the book and the letter cover of it which is midnight blue is slowly turning to dark scarlet.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter