Ji Eun’s Awaken

Black Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: Ji Eun's Awaken

 

  It has been three days…it has been three agonizing days. Cheondung thought as he sulked at the back of the room, head between his knees, his knuckles balled up in a fist so long that he no longer know if he can open it if he wants too. Because he was busy trying to suppress the undeniable burned and thirst, not to mention the sweet aroma that was in the room…and it was coming from the one person still sleeping in his bed.

 

He had no idea if she will wake up but if she didn’t at all, he might completely lost himself into this cursed he had been given. Yes, he calls this a curse. A curse that ruins all the fun he has for humanity. He was the fun one, the free spirited, the brother who has all the positivity in life…but now, it was all taken away from him. He no longer see the light or the hope that he can be happy again…not like this…endangering some you love so dearly that made him turn her into something he knows she wouldn’t like---that is if she opens her eyes---which is not yet happening in the meantime.

 

He closed his eyes, but it’s no used. He knew he couldn’t sleep. A perks about being a vampire aside from having a very strong sense of smell, especially if it’s the smell of the blood you wants, which is her---thus, he takes self control to the next level. He thought if he didn’t move, he wouldn’t be force to come near her and take whatever blood she can offer, awake or not…so to prevent that, he just remained a sitting statue at the darkest corner of his bedroom while she sleeps peacefully---at least for now, he thought.

 

He had also super hearing which comes in handy because he tried to keep his thoughts preoccupied with all the sounds outside his room. So he knew when his brother Sang Hyun arrives with the girl whom he calls the bloodletter. Though he tried to be discreet he can’t help but hear what they’ve done in his brother’s bedroom…those noise was like a radio drama he once heard---which he will swore to himself he will never tell it to his brother. But aside from that, he was glad for Sang Hyun…because his brother is alright and he has someone to be by his side. At least, Sang Hyun’s not alone in fighting this curse.

 

He heard when they left the house. He was busy eavesdropping on his brother at that time that he didn’t notice her awakening.

 

His body becomes more rigid, suddenly there were noises inside his room…gasping, breathing hard, rustling of sheets and footsteps…steps that’s coming louder and louder to him until it stop.

 

He knew curiosity kill the cat, but then who will kill the vampire? So he starts by moving his head up from the ball he made of his body and stare at the eyes he had never seen since three days ago.

 

“Ji Eun…” he whispered as he gaze at the big round midnight black eyes that was looking at him, full of shocked and fear.

 

He started to stand up while she takes a step back away from him. He continued his steps forward while she steps back until the back of her knees reach the end of the bed and she sat on it as her head lean up on him, never taking her eyes off of him.

 

He whispered again, “Ji Eun…” he was waiting for a reply from her at the same time trying to compose words that will explain everything to her but there is nothing coming into his blank mind, all he has is her name…thus, he said it again, “Ji Eun…”

 

She was staring back at him, her eyes now full of questions and he didn’t know what he has to explain first. So he started in the most important thing first.

 

“I’m a vampire, Ji Eun…” he said while closing his right eye, fearing of her reaction but there is still no response, she just stared back at him. Thus, he continued, “I—I don’t know how it happened or why, but the thing is---I kind of transformed on my twenty seventh birthday and since you’re the only human available near me at the time, I’ve drink your blood---“he wave his hands in the air, “But--but don’t worry, I tried to repair the damage I’ve done…as it turn out you only need a complete rest to regain the blood you have lost…” he refrained from telling her that she become his bloodletter, it can be said on another day

 

It was then that his friend finally said something.

 

“How long did it take for me to regain the blood that I’ve
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter