The Past

Black Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER FORTY-NINE: The Past

It all started that night…

 

The dark is cold, it was a moonless night and the wind is howling, signaling a coming storm just as a man riding in a black horse, his face and body is covered by a violet cloak came knocking in the door of a big manor above the hills.

 

A man servant opened the big oak twin doors and looked up; he quickly made a bow to the new arrival, “Welcome back, Sire”

 

His sire dismounted from the horseback and quickly gives him the reigns. “Is she alright? Have they arrived?”

 

“She is alright, Sire.”

 

Instead of answering, the sire has quickly entered the manor and in big strides he walks through the living room adorned by only the light from the fireplace then in big steps walks up to the grand staircase.

 

The servant called back, “Congratulations, Sire!”

 

The Sire, who was at the top of the staircase stop for a second and looked back, his golden eyes, grew warm as the end of his left eyebrow raise up in an inquiry.

 

“They’ve arrived” the servant said with a smile and a bow.

 

This time the Sire’s face lighted up in a huge grin as he proceeds to walk to his destination…to the master bedroom where he arrived and quickly opened the door. His eyes landed to the only one figure who was in the bed, the most beautiful lady he had ever seen in all of his existence and in her tired eyes she was looking at him with the same admiration for him…His wife and his life.

 

He took a deep breath, inhaling her sweet scent that filled the room along with two new distinct scents he had never smelled before. As if afraid that the scene before him will break he slowly comes toward the side of the bed and his eyes round in amazement when he finally saw them.

 

Beside her beautiful wife were two small bundles of sleeping child, a twin, and their children. He carefully sits beside the open space of the bed and holds his wife’s hands in his; he lifted her hand above his lips to give her fingers an adoring kiss.

 

“I love you” his voice cracked as he said.

 

His wife smile lovingly at him and whisper in answer, “As I love you”

 

He gives his wife a tender kiss on the lips before his gaze turned to their child and then to her again, “A twin?” he murmured in amazement. Though they’ve already been informed beforehand that their child will be a twin, it still leave him in awed at such miracle.

 

Her tired face break into a smile, “A precious gift”

 

He smiled in answer then turned to their twins, he give them both a soft kiss on their forehead.

 

“I swear I will protect the both of you”

 

He looked back at his wife as he said, “I will protect all of you”

 

 

_ _ _ _

 

 

A Year has passed…

 

 

“Hyun Joong, have you think about what I have told you?”

 

He nodded. His brother-in-law, Yunho, who holds the position of the Duke at the current vampire royalty, had visited in his house. They are in his private library while their wifes was outside in the garden with their children. His adorable twin, Cheondung and Sang Hyun is with his wife, Yoon Hye, while Ara, his sister was with Seungho, his nephew.

 

Both of them were standing beside at the other end of the huge window covered in dark violet curtains. He lifted the side curtains and sneaked a peak at the outside, where the garden was conveniently located; he could easily see the smiling faces of his family.

 

“The King has agreed in this plan…” he stated.

 

Though it is not a question he knew his brother-in-law had nodded as an answer.

 

He let go of the curtains and turned his full attention to his brother-in-law who was also peaking at the side curtain with a smile on his face. He waited for Yunho to turn and gives his full attention to him.

 

“So, do you agree?” Yunho asked.

 

“I am afraid there is no other choice.” He saw his brother frown but he dismissed it and sat on the luxurious satin single sofa in his library as he met Yunho’s gaze. “I have seen the changes occurring in the Blood Letter Society though they have kept it hidden to their people…”

 

Yunho waited for him to continue.

 

“Yoon Hye’s cousin’s family has been missing for more than a couple of weeks now and there have been a slaughtered from other Blood Letter main family though not widely known. And just a couple of days ago, our informant had told me that the missing main family was found dead on their own houses.”

 

Yunho’s forehead knotted, “Have you told your wife?”

 

He nodded and his face grew grim. “Yes, she was devastated. They are her only remaining relative from the Blood Letter Society. As I heard this missing and dying people from the main family branch of the Blood letter society, I grew alarmed for my wife and children.”

 

“You are a Black Knight, so your children will be. Yoon Hye will be protected by our society, she is one of us now.” Yunho stated.

 

He sighed and met Yunho’s gaze. “Yes, I am the Black Knight. I am sure one of the twins will inherit my lineage…”

 

“One of the twins will inherit your lineage? What do you mean by that?”

 

He stands up and put his hands on the side pocket of his trousers and looked at Yunho’s questioning gaze.

 

“Our greatest gift is having a twin for our first born. It is a rare phenomenon, perhaps due to Yoon Hye’s blood since our union is the first time a Black Knight marries his own blood letter.”

 

Yunho nodded at him, “Yes, we have discussed this couple of times already so what does this have to do with only one of your twins will inherit your lineage…aren’t they supposed to inherit it both since you are their father…that is the reason that the King has agreed for your clan to be protected and hidden because having two Black Knight is far too precious and powerful for a King to handle if uncontrollable and only when they are off age that they will be taken back. Aren’t you supposed to choose from the two of them once they have come off age to whom you will passed your title?...that is the reason that you have been ordered to hide and be protected.”

 

“I am afraid that is not the reason that I have agreed to the Kings protection and on his proposal for us to be hidden…and in actuality I am the one who suggested to the King for my family to be hidden away from our society…”

 

“What do you mean, Hyun Joong?”

 

“Yoon Hye has seen the signs and I too. We have seen that our twins…I am certain that one of them will be the next ruler of the Blood Letter Society while the other will inherit my Black Knight lineage.”

 

Yunho’s eyes grew wide and he walked back a couple of steps before he stand immobile. “But—but that is impossible…to have such thing happen…means a power far beyond vampires…far beyond our King has…the very thing will unite both societies…or it could mean distractions of both…”

 

Hyun Joong bowed his head and closes his eyes as if his shoulder suddenly weight far beyond he could carry. He opened his eyes and met Yunho’s alarmed eyes. “The current Blood Letter Ruler, I think he is eliminating all of the main families to be certain that no one will come after him thus he will reigned for all eternity.”

 

“Are you certain about these facts?” Yunho asked though he knew far better that his brother-in-law never simply conclude the thing, he surely had thoroughly investigated the thing before making a conclusion.

 

“Yes, I know for certain. The Ruler was not bothering Yoon Hye even though she was from the main family because he knew that she is married to me and thus made an assumption that our children will both be Black Knights.”

 

“He never suspected that one of the twins could be a candidate for being a Ruler.” Yunho said

 

Hyun Joong nodded. “Thus, it is imperative that we hide as soon as possible and the process for protection be done quickly before the twins power grew.”

 

“Have you told the King about the reason that you agreed to his proposal?”

 

“No, he only knows the reason was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter