Blood Verified

Black Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  It was the night when the blood clarification ceremony will be held...

 

Early that evening Sang Hyun was instructed to wear a particular coat for the night’s ceremony and he was escorted to a separate room without Uee.

 

At first he got worried but he was assured that she will be fine and their separation for the time being is necessary for the coming ceremony.

 

“You will stay here until you are called for the start of the blood verification ceremony at midnight”, a male vampire he had never seen before said at the door.

 

He nodded as an answer. Then the vampire leaves at once.

 

The room doesn’t have much anything except for a large red satin sofa bed, a painting of the full moon and a huge chandelier as a light.

 

Sang Hyun walked towards the sofa and sit, with his elbow on his knees and his hands intertwined.

 

He didn’t know what he is feeling exactly at the moment but this agitation that was in him was slowly escalating though he manages to compose himself quite easily. Now, he regretted not seeing Uee again earlier before coming to this room…he should have assured her that everything will be fine…though he knows that if he said it to her without much sincerity she will already know. He was just glad that he can feel her presence in the place which assured him that she is alright.

 

Sang Hyun touch his throat unconsciously as he lean on the sofa…it has been hours since he last drank Uee’s blood and if he is right, he should have been becoming thirsty again for her by now…but he is not. She must have been controlling my hunger for her.

 

He rubbed his hand on his hair as he close his eyes and then opens it again to stare up at the chandelier in the ceiling. Just how powerful is she? A bloodletter from the main family, what does it truly indicate? Despite that he can’t help the forming smile on his face until it turned into a grin.

 

He laid his forearm above his eyes as he lean his head on the sofa. He is suddenly feeling shy with himself, smiling like a moron in that room, where he is alone…but then he still can’t help it.

 

He grinned all he want. I am really her vampire?! She’s mine! She is truly mine!

 

The story Uee had told her about her dreams cleared away all the worry in his mind. Though he still didn’t know how to name their current relationship...since it’s obviously not blood anymore…he was genuinely glad that there is a valid reason for him to be with her, no matter how bizarre their connection is.

 

He straightened up as he recalls the thing that still worries him.

 

Why does she not want to marry me? He knotted his brows as he dwelled with the possible reasons. What is she afraid of? Was she waiting for something? What is it about her family and marriages?

 

Then he felt the sudden thumping of his heart and realize something he should have the first time he had asked her about marriage.

 

Why do I want to marry her?

 

He was thinking of that when there was a knock on the door and the vampire that lead Sang Hyun to the room was standing on the doorway again. “Sir, the ceremony will start if you just follow me to the ballroom”

 

Sang Hyun nodded and stand up. “Yes, let’s go.”

 

    Uee had no idea at first why some female vampires had escorted her earlier out of their room since she thought that since the blood verification ceremony will be held that night she will be needed beside Sang Hyun.

 

Her questioned was answered when she was lead to a room full of mirrors in every corner from ceiling to floor then a person appeared from the back of the mirror, who rotated as if it was a door  on the left side of the room. A fairly petite with genuine smile female vampire greeted her.

 

“Hello, I’m the vampire assigned to assist you for tonight. Shall we start?”

 

Uee just found herself nodding in bewilderment. In a couple of minutes, some other female vampires has appeared as well from the rotating mirrors, she was ordered to sit in a comfortable chair which she had no idea when it had appeared and then they were already doing everything to her. Some was doing something on her hair, then on her hands and on her feet…and before she knows it they are finished making her up into a glamorous lady for the night.

 

They laid in front of her a glorious dress to wear and she change into it without saying anything. Once they were all done, the other vampires left and all that was there was the female that greeted her earlier.

 

Uee turned to finally say something “Was this necessary for the ceremony?”

 

“Yes, the bloodletter of such an important future member of the council should be at her most beautiful tonight…” the female frowned for a second but it disappeared quickly that Uee was not sure if she had truly saw it because the vampire then said again, “It is necessary.”

 

Uee knotted her brows but she nodded. “Are we going to the ceremony now?”

 

The female vampire met her gaze, “Yes, we should go then. You should be there before he arrives.”

 

“Sang Hyun, you mean?”

 

“The future Black knight, yes” the female vampire said before leading before her to come out of the room and Uee followed her.

 

Then the female vampire looked back at her as they walked passed rooms and hallways, “We do not address a high vampire such as yours with their name but with their titles only…”

 

“Ah, does that means you’re a commoner vampire?”

 

The female vampire nodded and smiles solemnly. “We are the one who looked up to them.”

 

Uee answered in silent by this comment then she said, “What does that make me?”

 

The female vampire smile at her, “You’re as high as he…and by the smell of your blood I could tell that you’re from a prime class of bloodletters...” she stopped for a second then continued walking ahead, “The highest there is. Your blood smells like the ruler that visited unannounced last night”

 

“Ah...I was told that we were related.”

 

The female vampire raised an eyebrow at her. “Hhmm…we don’t like the ruler”

 

Uee quirked an eyebrow, “I was told by that too, last night”

 

“I wonder if you know why we don’t like him…”

 

“Why is it then?” Uee asked as they stopped in front of a grand door as high as the ceiling.

 

The female vampire turned to her. “I don’t think I’m the right vampire to tell you about such things…though I wonder if being a kin to the ruler makes you immune to him”

 

“What does that mean?” Uee become more confused by the way their conversation turned into.

 

Instead of answering her question, the female vampire just bowed at her and bid goodbye as she opened the door for Uee to enter and leaving her inside the big room.

 

When she looked around the room, it was obvious that it is a ballroom. The room was round, there are about four pillars in each side, the floor is wide and polish with the window was as high as the ceiling as well, drapes with bloody red curtains though it was not dark due to the luminescent light given by one grand chandelier at the center of the ceiling.

 

Just far at the end of wher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter