Thank You

Black Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER EIGHT: Thank You

 

Sang Hyun looked back at his brother and finally take noticed of the changes on his brother's appearance.

 

Cheondung’s hair has turned black, opposite of him. As it turned out, his brother and him seems to have switched hair color upon their vampire blood awakening. But just like him, both their eyes also has its dark brown shade…with the side of its round orb has a darker shades of brown with a hint of a little gold. Now, it is as if they were wearing a very rare contact lens.

 

Their eyes met and as if they both knew what the other is thinking, both of them nodded and turned to looked at Uee and Ji Eun…    

 

Cheondung’s eyes settled on Ji Eun’s pale face.

 

What will I say to you once you’re awake? Ji Eun, will you ever forgive me?

 

He closed his eyes as if by doing it he could actually be awakened in this nightmare. But nothing, no matter what he do, all he could think about is how Ji Eun looked at him---with shock and horror---before she passed out, cold and pale.

 

He clenched his fist as his eyes opened to gaze at Ji Eun’s face, now with a little more color.

 

Is this a curse we inherited?   He looked Sang Hyun who was sitting silently behind Uee. Between the two of them, Sang Hyun is the introvert; the reserved one…even in their own business, their personality is very clear. He is an account executive by profession but a pop-rocker singer by heart on his own bar and restaurant while Sang Hyun is the chief executive officer of the the company they both inherited from their parents, the Black Knight Inc.  But then he always knew his brother is truly a writer by heart.

 

His observation was cut short when he notice a movement from Ji Eun’s hand which was hanging on the side of the sofa, in almost an instant he was beside his friend. Uee quickly withdrew her hands, away from Ji Eun’s mouth.

 

Cheondung quickly touched his friend’s face, just a soft touched as to reassure him that Ji Eun's energy is finally coming back. He felt her warming up again and her face has now returned to almost its original healthy color.

 

He turned to Uee, “Will she be alright now?”

 

Uee nodded, “Yes, my blood’s working on her.”

 

“When will she be able to wake up?”

 

“Probably, two or three days…but still---“, Uee’s word was cut off when her knees buckled from weakness. She almost fall but Sang Hyun had quickly come to her rescue and carried her off in his arms.

 

Sang Hyun met his eyes, “You could ask her later when she had recovered her energy”, his brother said before turning away from him while Uee circled her arms around Sang Hyun’s  neck and laid her head on his shoulder.

 

 

“Now that you’ve done all you can. You can sleep”, he heard his brother said to Uee while she nodded as they ascend to the stairs up to S
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter