The Moon Protocol

Black Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN: The Moon Protocol

A command to protect.

 

 

“Thunder has been awakened as a Black Knight already. Last night, we’ve done the ceremony and it’s done” Kwon declared with a shrugged as if he suddenly 

Seungho’s right eyed twitched for a second upon hearing Kwon’s word but Cheondung did not miss that reaction of his. He was looking at the one called Duke and not as his friend named Seungho. Everything that the Duke said only made something cleared to him…it was that, all this time, Seungho has been lying to them.

 

“No, I did not lie” Seungho said as if reading his mind. “All this information that I know, it only comes back now. I only remembered it now. After my training as a vampire titled Duke and giving me all the instructions and information’s I needed to know, my parents sealed my powers as well” he closes his eyes then looked at Cheondung’s, “You should not have forgotten that a few months after your parents died. My parents died as well.”

 

Cheondung’s eyed suddenly filled with grief and guilt. As if forgetting such facts is a crime, before he could say his apology, Seungho has already said, “You don’t have to say it. I understand. All this new facts that I told you is hard to grasp. But you must understand, Cheondung. Everyone in the Main Family is in grave danger and that includes you and Ji Eun.”

 

“Sang Hyun and I is in danger because our mother is from a Main Family”

 

“Yes, that is one of the reason” Seungho answered

 

“What are the other reasons?”

 

“Both of you, were born from a blood of a Black Knight and a bloodletter from a Main Family which makes you more powerful…so powerful that you are both a threat to the throne of the Vampire and Bloodletter Society” Seungho explained gravely.

 

“Sh*t!” Kwon exclaimed. “Nobody told me about a threat to the throne?! Our throne?! You mean to tell me, that Thunder could be the next King or the Ruler? Where is this coming from?!”

 

“No, I mean to tell you that Thunder or Cheondung could be the next King or Ruler” Seungho said in gritted teeth.

 

Kwon looked at Seungho dumbfounded. Cheondung on the other hand remain speechless.

 

 

 

Just then, the Duke, Seungho’s body suddenly stilled, his eyes grew a little bigger, its blue irises becoming darker as the blue night. Gyuri’s hand that is on the Duke’s arms suddenly let go as if a strong current had her to break free.

 

“What’s happening?!” she ask in alarm.

 

All male vampires shift their body in protective stance around or beside the female nearest to them. Everyone looked around, expecting a coming attack. But there was nothing.

 

“Someone’s trying to get through the barrier that I created” Seungho explained, looking at Gyuri, his surprise earlier was now masked with firm resolved to protect his bloodletter.

 

The Duke’s gaze met Kwon’s, “Listen to me, whoever was trying to break the shield is not just an ordinary vampire…and once my barrier has been breach the moon protocol will be activated.”

 

Kwon’s stance straightened up. His face veiled with a deep calm but everyone in the room knew that underneath of his calm exterior is the warning of danger that all of them is feeling. “The moon protocol…” his drew a deep breath and exhaled, “…has the time comes for such matters” Kwon said calmly.

 

Seungho gritted his teeth and balled his knuckles in concentration. He nodded at the Bishop’s statement.

 

He then met Cheondung’s confused eyes. “You have to protect your bloodletter. No matter what happen she should never be away from you. Do you understand?”

 

“You don’t have to tell me that. I will protect Ji Eun with my life” He vowed while he caught Ji Eun’s waist in his arms and bring her closer to his body.

 

Ji Eun laid her hand on his chest, “What’s happening?”

 

Seungho answered, “All I know is, possibly bloodletters and vampires are coming to attack us.”

 

“Here? In our house?”  Ga In asked, confusedly

 

 

 

It was just then when all of them felt a sudden chill in the air. Every vampire in the room quickly holds the arms of the lady nearest to them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter