The Other Twin

Black Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FIVE: The Other Twin

    As the night progresses…Meanwhile at the Park mansion…   Cheondung lay sprawled on the wide marble floor of their living room. The guitar he was playing earlier was now lying a few meters away from him. He was about to went out to follow his brother Sang Hyun since he thought it was not right for the two of them not spending their birthday together when he suddenly felt a burning on his body.

 

As the wave of it hit his body, his knees got weak that all he can do was kneel on the cold marble floor then he felt it, the strong fire building on his throat. He felt his throat and hold it as if he wants to put out the fire in it to no avail. It become harder to breathe as the minute passed. Thus, he can’t help himself when all he can do was laid in the floor thinking that whatever might be happening to him will end quickly just as long as the pain and the fire will go away.

 

He was slowly drifting to oblivion, breathing was becoming hard and he can feel his body becoming cold.

 

If this is my birthday present, I just want this to be done with.

 

As he succumbed to the darkness, he saw his parents looking at him with full of concern, like the last time they were with him at the accident. I’m sorry, Dad…Mom…Sang Hyun…

 

He had close his eyes and open it a couple of times when he saw something white…as if it was a light that was welcoming him…He opened his eyes more to get a clearer picture of the light he was seeing but then he heard a voice.

 

“Oh my God! What happened to you?! Cheondung! Cheondung! Can you hear me?”

 

The voice…He knew that voice. He has heard that voice more than a couple of times. The voice was so familiar that it felt like home.

 

Ji Eun…

 

“Cheondung! Talk to me! This can’t be happening?!”

 

Cheondung heard her said as she cupped his face on her hand. She was looking at him with tears on her eyes.

 

Why are you crying? Don’t cry, Ji Eun.

 

But her cry did not stop. As she held him in her arms, warm clear tears keep on falling from her eyes. “You’re not dying on me! What’s happening?! Cheondung!”

 

He felt the need to console her. To tell her that everything’s is going to be okay. He had to or otherwise Ji Eun won’t stop crying. He can’t afford to let her cry because of him. He promises that he will not make her cry.

 

As his will is building so is resistance. Though the pain is excruciating, the fire and the cold, he found the will to fight it and regain his consciousness. He slowly raises his right hand to touch her face, and wipe the tears flowing on it.

 

He gazes up at her, feeling the stupidest person in the world on letting her see him in this state. No matter what state he was in right now. He swears that she won’t see him again like this.

 

He tried to open his mouth as to speak but the fire on his throat just got unbearable that his hand that was on her face, touch his throat instead just to ease the pain a little. He bends his back and mumbles a sound of pain.

 

“What’s happening? Cheondung, tell me what’s happening?” s
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter