Black Night

Black Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]CHAPTER ONE : Black Night [/CONTENTID1][CONTENTID2] One night, One Fateful Meeting. [/CONTENTID2][CONTENTID3]“Where are you going?”

“I just want to walk outside,” he looked at his brother who has been sitting in one of the sofa in there living room. He was from upstairs, his room. It was near midnight but he just suddenly had the urge to go outside and since there house is in a close and secured subdivision, he is confident that no harm will befallen on him within the vicinity thus, he decided to take a night stroll. It was very rare for him to went out of his room whenever his in the house that must have been why his brother asked him when he saw him.

He shrugged his shoulder and stare at his brothers face. It is always like looking into a mirror. His brother and him have an identical face. They are twins...identical twins after all. Since birth they were inseparable and they had those awkward years of figuring out want they really are or more on, what things did they differ from each other. But those years has passed, now, both of them have found their own identity, an individuality that made them apart.

Both of them had inborn black hair but now, Cheondung dyed his hair blonde while he still kept the black hair intact, making them recognizable on whose the other twin. Other than that, they still looked identical.

He is more on the introvert type while his brother… Cheondung has become the extrovert. His brother is the sociable one whiles he is a loner. He is the silent type while his brother is the exact opposite. No wonder they had different circle of friends now. But nevertheless, they are each others most important person. In that big house they live in, with no parents guiding them, they only have each other.

Cheondung stand up and settled the guitar he was strumming on the side of the sofa and stare at him.

“Do you need company?”

He shakes his head, “No, I’ll be fine.” He walked near the door and was about to gone out when he heard his brother speak.

“It will only be a matter of minutes till our birthday”

He silently nodded but did not turn back to his brother. Instead, he went out of the house, through the main gate and up to the side street. His strides are big, as if he is not just walking but running.

 

When he reached the park, where it was located...at the center of the subdivision, only then did he realize that during his walked, he has somehow started to run thus the heavy breathe his experiencing.

He walked a couple steps more until he reach a tree. He went under its trunk, leaned on it and lay on the green grass. The spot was perfect to see the clear night skies that are full of stars.

 “Cheondung must have been feeling this too”, he whispered.

It was the midnight before their birthday. It was the day they become orphaned…rich young orphaned.

Their parents died in a vehicular accident when they were still in teenagers. Their whole family was about to eat on a restaurant to celebrate their birthdays but on the way, in a highway their car has collided on a trailer truck. All of them were brought to the hospital, he and Cheondung were lucky but not their parents. Just like that, they become orphaned…left with all the wealth of the Park Family.

Now, with only a matter of second, he would say goodbye at being twenty-six and welcome his twenty-seventh years on earth…but he still experiences the same fear during that car crushed accident whenever it was the midnight of their birthday.

He put his arms on the top of his eyes. He doesn’t know if Cheondung have the same fear but his afraid to ask his brother and see at his eyes that he is being a coward.

He already knows that he is the weaker twin. He doesn’t need to see it on Cheondung’s face.

He took a deep breath and laid his arms on both his side. He stared at the sky. The stars might be bright but the moon was marvelous. Its luminescent was enough to give the park an enough light for someone like him who’s battling the darkness.

He sat up. He could feel it. The short breath, the suddenly lacking of air, the tightening of his chest and the sensation in his throat, he touched his neck, making an up and down motion of his hands around it.

It was his twenty-seventh birthday and so is Cheondung, they should be celebrating it together but here he was looking at the ridiculously radiant moonlight at the park.

He felt his body jerked, an involuntary movement, he got alarmed. He looked at his hands, they were shaking, and his chest is breathing heavily. He touched his throat and immediately regretted the actions. He felt so hot there. His throat is on fire. He crouched forward, he can’t help the shaking of his body…his hands was on the ground and his legs, he was already on four.

His eyes grew hot as well. It has become hard to keep looking anywhere. He closed his eyes but a searing pain run through his retina, the exact moment he closed his eyelid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter