Chapter 8: Intimate Cooking

Next Door: Kris, Insanity and BB Cream

 

 

 

I thought they were kidding when they said we’d be handcuffed. Apparently, Kris’s father had been a policeman in his younger years and had a pair hidden in his closet (in case of robbery). So here we were, a midget and a giant cramped in the kitchen, trying to make cucumber salad and creamy pasta.

 

“Kris, give me back my hand!” I yelled impatiently, trying to lift the lid of the pot so I could stir the pasta that had been dunked in there.

 

“I can’t!” he yelled back, “I need to hold the cucumber in place to slice it!”

 

“Then stop slicing it for a bit you idiot, do you want the pasta to be soggy?” I hissed, irritated.

 

“Fine, I’ll give your hand back for five seconds,” he said with a tone of finality.

 

“Kris, I can’t possibly drain the pasta in five seconds!” I whined, close to tears of frustration.

 

“Five…”

 

“Four…”

 

“Three…”

 

“I hate you,” I cried, hurriedly lifting the lid and throwing the pasta into a drainer in the sink. I placed the pot in the sink and tried getting the pan ready for cooking.

 

“Two…”

 

I drizzled oil hurriedly into the pan, before throwing some diced chicken into the mix.

 

“One…”

 

I tried stirring but he yanked my hand back with so much force, my face ended up squished next to his chest.

 

“Um the chicken is going to burn,” I said as calmly as possible, my voice muffled against his chest.

 

“I don’t care,” he said cheerfully. “You’re warm and I only have a T-shirt on.”

 

“Well, go stand near the stove and flip my chicken for me, will you?” I snapped back. “It’s much warmer than I am.”

 

He held me tighter and shuffled me towards the stove-top before flipping the chicken expertly. His close proximity was starting to send a violent shade of red rushing to my cheeks. I could feel his warmth and how his muscles rippled in his chest whenever he moved. I felt like dying then and there so I smashed my palms against his chest. The arrogant prick started humming a merry tune as he added the cream, stirring extra hard so he could whack my head every time he made a full rotation with the spatula. 

 

Attack plan No.1: Jab him in the sides       

 

Now that was a really bad idea. Since when did my skinny, clumsy, annoying childhood enemy become so built? I felt like I was jabbing rock. He hummed louder and shuffled us back to the cucumbers, still keeping me tightly wrapped in his embrace.

 

“What am I?” I grumbled. “Your pet who doubles as a space-heater?”

 

“That would be nice,” he replied with a nonchalant shrug of his broad shoulders. “I would never have to make my bed again or pay electricity fees…”

 

Attack plan No.2: Kick him in the shins

 

I aimed one kick at him but he dodged expertly, probably from his intense basketball training in Canada. I figured this wouldn’t work if he kept dodging but I wanted to try on more time. I lifted my foot but he caught it with his leg in some kind of weird judo move and kept on humming an annoying tune. I felt my blood boiling at his antics.

 

Attack plan No.3: Pinch his s

 

This had to work; otherwise I would probably have to endure hell for another hour. Stealthily I let my fingers inch their way up his chest and he hummed even louder, just to irritate me further. My hands took place beside his s before I closed a thumb and fore-finger around his . I pinched down hard and twisted mercilessly.

 

“HOLY FRIGGIN UNICORNS!” he gasped, jumping away from me and massaging his chest. “Woman, if this is how rough you’re going to play in , I don’t-“

 

I squealed and clapped both hands over my innocent ears. “Shut up Kris!”

 

“You are such a prude,” he whined. I slapped him on his arm.

 

“Let’s just get back to cooking, please,” I begged, almost crying from sheer frustration. He softened after noticing my desperation.

 

“Okay, okay,” he sighed. I huffed and wiped sweat off my brow with my spare hand.

 

Gee, this was going to be a long night. 

 

 

A/N:

First sign of romance! I feel like an old granny watching her grandkids get married =="

Anyways, again I have to thank all of you 107 subbies for upvoting and commenting and giving me all your love (LOL SNSD REFERENCE THERE XD) 

Interesting fact 1 about author: Um I type with two fingers. Which makes me slow. I have a hard time doing this TT^TT